ImageImageImageImageImage

1-800-SAVE-PAU

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

mjba
Analyst
And1: 121

Re: Trade Pau pt. 3 - 'the hunt is onnnnn...!!!' 

Post#101 » by mjba » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:24 am

ChuckTaylors310 wrote:Michael Beasley ASAP!!! We don't want Pau, they don't Mike. Don't care if they're in the division.

this one i would veto. ha

and at least make the numbers work if you're gonna trade a guy making 5milli for a guy making 20. maybe the suns can absorb that, but i don't know
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#102 » by Mamba Mentality » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:27 am

A guy like Ryan Anderson is a perfect fit for D'Antoni's offense. He'll rebound and he can stretch the floor with his three point shooting. Not sure how we would get the salaries to match considering the Hornets roster doesn't really have an big time contracts that they would want us to take on.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#103 » by Michael Lucky » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:27 am

Might be the worst game ive seen Pau play and hes had some bad ones lately. I can't really defend him anymore and if management wants to salvage this season the move needs to come soon. Im sure they must have some idea of what is available considering how long he has been on the market.
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#104 » by richboy » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:30 am

Cashin out wrote:Gasol/Meeks for Wallace/Humphries/Brooks?

Kobe/Dwight/Nash is enough scoring we just need some guys to bring energy and play defense.Brooks would be a nice backup to Kobe.

Nash
Kobe
Wallace
Hill
D12

Wallace is all heart and hustle aka Crash

Talent is fine but I don't think really any of those players fit Mike D system. Wallace is not that good of a shooter. Humphries fits in even less than Gasol. Playing with Nash and Kobe Brooks would need to be a spot up shooter. That isn't really his strength.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#105 » by DrewBynum77 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:32 am

Can we get al horford for him? (obviously at this point there's no way we can get Smith). and would us want Horford?

I thought about Wallace too. He'd be perfect on D'Antoni's system. But Nets wouldn't give up brooks. Probably Gasol for Wallace + fillers. Would us want that?

Anyways, we shouldn't be focused on other PFs, we can split the 48 minutes at that position between hill/artest, or even jamison(lol)..

So yeh, what else? problem is that Pau hurt his value tremendously. I always thought that he would improve his value so we shouldn't trade him and actually he kept going downhill lol. So he's worth very little.
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant

Post#106 » by DrewBynum77 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:34 am

Richboy, D'Antoni's system is the SSOL. Wallace would be perfect on his system. Marion excelled at it ffs lol.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,342

Post#107 » by Dr Aki » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:34 am

ive been advocating for rudy gay for pau since pre-season.

do it mitch.

bring in a third team if necessary.
carlquincy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,149

Post#108 » by carlquincy » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:34 am

At this point, Gasol will not be able to fetch quality bigs like Horford, Love or Aldridge.

Never thought it will come down to this, but the Boozer trade sure looked good now. :(

At the very least, Boozer gives us spacing, and also a great PNR 4.
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#109 » by richboy » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:37 am

DrewBynum77 wrote:Can we get al horford for him? (obviously at this point there's no way we can get Smith). and would us want Horford?

I thought about Wallace too. He'd be perfect on D'Antoni's system. But Nets wouldn't give up brooks. Probably Gasol for Wallace + fillers. Would us want that?

Anyways, we shouldn't be focused on other PFs, we can split the 48 minutes at that position between hill/artest, or even jamison(lol)..

So yeh, what else? problem is that Pau hurt his value tremendously. I always thought that he would improve his value so we shouldn't trade him and actually he kept going downhill lol. So he's worth very little.
How Wallace perfect for Mike D system. Unless he playing PF he doesn't shoot well enough for Mike D.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
ballaholick
Rookie
And1: 93

Post#110 » by ballaholick » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:44 am

DrewBynum77 wrote:Can we get al horford for him? (obviously at this point there's no way we can get Smith). and would us want Horford?

Wallace sucks he cant shoot, he is the same player as MWP only more atheletic
LUUUKE
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#111 » by LUUUKE » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:46 am

LAL: millsap, Roy
UTAH: dwill, barea
MINN: gasol
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#112 » by deNIEd » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:48 am

LUUUKE wrote:LAL: millsap, Roy

Don't the Laker's have big dreams about 2014. The summer where LAL has some cap space for once. You make a move for Milsap and you will have to resign him (there is no way he accepts a 2 year deal the way he has been playing thus far, he will want to get paid and will want as much long term security as he can get).

Milsap + Dwight + Nash will essentially kill off any hopes of a max FA in 2014.
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant

Post#113 » by DrewBynum77 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:50 am

richboy wrote:

How Wallace perfect for Mike D system. Unless he playing PF he doesn't shoot well enough for Mike D.

go read the last post of the previous page.
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant

Post#114 » by DrewBynum77 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:51 am

carlquincy wrote:At this point, Gasol will not be able to fetch quality bigs like Horford, Love or Aldridge.

Never thought it will come down to this, but the Boozer trade sure looked good now. :(

Not even horford? If so, we are screwed lol.

just trade him for young guys, amnesty kobe and lets rebuild :lol:
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#115 » by ROballer » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:52 am

deNIEd wrote:

Don't the Laker's have big dreams about 2014. The summer where LAL has some cap space for once. You make a move for Milsap and you will have to resign him (there is no way he accepts a 2 year deal the way he has been playing thus far, he will want to get paid and will want as much long term security as he can get).

What if we don't score anything in 2014 and waste 2 yrs in which we could've won in the process?

Even with Millsap on board,we'd still have only Dwight(hopefully),a 41 yrs old Nash(who's not even a lock in to play in his 3rd year of the contract) and Millsap..

We'd still have cap-space
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
deNIEd
Banned User

Post#116 » by deNIEd » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:52 am

DrewBynum77 wrote:
carlquincy wrote:At this point, Gasol will not be able to fetch quality bigs like Horford, Love or Aldridge.

Not even horford? If so, we are screwed lol.

just trade him for young guys, amnesty kobe and lets rebuild :lol:

Horford is better and has more value than Josh Smith...
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#117 » by Michael Lucky » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:53 am

The lakers could always plan instead for 2015. Besides i have this feeling that kobe will sign a one year deal and call it his final year.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#118 » by No-Man » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:53 am

deNIEd wrote:

who are you going to max on 2014? Deng? Randolph? :lol:
deNIEd
Banned User

Post#119 » by deNIEd » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:55 am

Fischella wrote:
deNIEd wrote:

who are you going to max on 2014? Deng? Randolph? :lol:

I thought LA's plan was to sign Lebron
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#120 » by No-Man » Sat Jan 5, 2013 7:57 am

No way any star changes team in 2014 they'd get a monster max from their teams, like +30-40m$ than the Lakers offer with the new CBA.

Wade probably doesnt hit the market till 2015 though, he isnt a max contract player anymore.

But Bosh, LeBron, Carmelo... they0re out of the Lakers fangs.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers