Post#61 » by stunnar0b » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:34 am

Dwight better turn it around we need to up his trade value

/green font maybe
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Re: Howard expresses frustration over lack of touches 

Post#62 » by nashill » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 am

CelticsRise wrote:Bynum, better post up big, Howard, better PNR big. Howard is exposed when he has to post, take FTs.

he;s been horrible on pick n roll as well.
Spurs.Grizzlies.Hawks.Bulls.Wizards.
D-BE-LAW
Banned User
And1: 23

Re: Dwight: "Lakers turnaround starts with me" 

Post#63 » by D-BE-LAW » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:18 am

can a laker fan explain what changed so much for the lakers to be struggling this year from last year. Adding dwight and nash actually made the team worse? If they had kept the other players and resigned bynum, assuming he was healthy, would they at least be in the playoff picture right now?
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#64 » by Vertical Limit » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:29 am

D-BE-LAW wrote:can a laker fan explain what changed so much for the lakers to be struggling this year from last year. Adding dwight and nash actually made the team worse? If they had kept the other players and resigned bynum, assuming he was healthy, would they at least be in the playoff picture right now?

Even if he was healthy, there would be little difference as long as D'Antoni is coach.

The advantage of the Bynum/Gasol lineup was their size, when the Lakers played any team, they were bigger than everyone, and they used their size on the post. There was a clear rebounding advantage (when Gasol removed his head out of his ass) because of those two together.

Honestly, hate to say this but I think you guys would be at least the sixth seed if Brown was the coach - but he would have to scrap that Princeton offense and just run a conventional half court offense with Pau and Dwight on the post.

All this Gasol to the bench and then Gasol in the perimeter when playing with Dwight is just dumb. The offense should actually be ran through Gasol a bit more and play inside out, he's one of the better passing big men in the league. There's absolutely no reason why he and Dwight can't work just like he did with Bynum.

I'm not sure if Nash would have ever fit though.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#65 » by Kilroy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:31 am

It's a possibility.
Kobe and MWP had been playing much better this season until the wheels flew the **** off.
But our Bench was beyond terrible last season, so we would at least have needed to bring in some better bench talent.

I really don't know. I think the coaching change killed whatever shot at cohesion we had. I think everyone including the players, got their hopes up for Phil, and hiring D'Antoni was like a nut-shot. It just killed the optimism and took the shine off the new 'Super Team' they all thought they'd signed on for.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#66 » by Slava » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:46 am

Did he really say the responsibility is on his SHOULDER? That SHOULDER? Did he really jinx himself like that? Oh man!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#67 » by Vertical Limit » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:52 am

Kilroy wrote:It's a possibility.
Kobe and MWP had been playing much better this season until the wheels flew the **** off.
But our Bench was beyond terrible last season, so we would at least have needed to bring in some better bench talent.

I really don't know. I think the coaching change killed whatever shot at cohesion we had. I think everyone including the players, got their hopes up for Phil, and hiring D'Antoni was like a nut-shot. It just killed the optimism and took the shine off the new 'Super Team' they all thought they'd signed on for.

D'Antoni probably sold himself to your management by showing his success as the offensive coordinator for Team USA.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#68 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:22 am

D-BE-LAW wrote:can a laker fan explain what changed so much for the lakers to be struggling this year from last year. Adding dwight and nash actually made the team worse? If they had kept the other players and resigned bynum, assuming he was healthy, would they at least be in the playoff picture right now?
Why are you so concerned about it? All you're going to do is go back on your Heat board and gloat and talk ***t about our team.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers