ImageImageImageImageImage

Which players do you want back next year (from this roster)?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

ballaholick
Rookie
And1: 93

Which players do you want back next year (from this roster)? 

Post#1 » by ballaholick » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:03 am

Swaggy P, Meeks, Farmar, and obv kobe.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Re: Which players do you want back next year (from this rost 

Post#2 » by Mirjalovic » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:10 am

Nick Young, Xavier, Wes, Kobe, Kendall, Farmar, Kelly, Sacre.

Im optimist this group will flourish if playing together with a or two stars

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

WCDYNASTY
Bench Warmer
And1: 95

Post#3 » by WCDYNASTY » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:16 am

Kobe Bryant, Xavier Henry, Nick Young, Kendall Marshall, Wesley Johnson, Jordan Farmar, Ryan Kelly, and Robert Sacre. If MDA is fired I'd keep Jordan Hill as well.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#4 » by myersia » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:28 am

Next year: Kobe, Farmar, Blake, Kelley, and Marshall. That's it.

Thank you Swaggy, Henry, and Wesley Johnson for playing hard but you are all products of a system. I don't want anything to do with MDA's system next season. I'd consider keeping Swaggy as a 6th man but in a real system I am not sure he would be effective.

Pau we had a great run. Time for you to do your thing elsewhere.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#5 » by leeprettyp » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:10 am

Kobe, Farmar, Nick Young, Henry, Kelley, Wes Johnson, Jordan Hill (reasonable price)
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by leeprettyp » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:11 am

I swear I'm not a huge fan of Kendall Marshall's game like everyone else. He throws some of the most dangerous passes out there. On the move with his body floating towards the out of bounds line he throws cross court passes
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#7 » by Slava » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:16 am

The obvious:

Kobe Bryant
Robert Sacre
Ryan Kelly

Priorities:

Pau Gasol
Xavier Henry
Jordan Farmar

For the right price:

Nick Young
Jordan Hill
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by leeprettyp » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:19 am

Slava I think we should get what we can get for Pau now... Because I'm pretty sure he's headed to Memphis this offseason if they find a taker for Z-bo. Doesnt make sense to lose Dwight for nothing and then lose Pau for nothing the following offseason. Just get anything for him. Just suprised we passed on that Cav deal if the idea was to get under the luxary tax this year
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Slava » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:22 am

leeprettyp wrote:Slava I think we should get what we can get for Pau now... Because I'm pretty sure he's headed to Memphis this offseason if they find a taker for Z-bo. Doesnt make sense to lose Dwight for nothing and then lose Pau for nothing the following offseason. Just get anything for him. Just suprised we passed on that Cav deal if the idea was to get under the luxary tax this year

If you can get something good for him, sure trade him. Otherwise there is no other center out there that will be available for 2 yrs/$24 mil of the same caliber and skill level. Since he's been healthy, he has been excellent on both ends of the floor. You just need to play him with someone other than Ryan Kelly in the front court.
myersia
Analyst

Post#10 » by myersia » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:23 am

leeprettyp wrote:I swear I'm not a huge fan of Kendall Marshall's game like everyone else. He throws some of the most dangerous passes out there. On the move with his body floating towards the out of bounds line he throws cross court passes

And your a fan of Nick Young :lol: . I see where you are coming from and I understand that Nick Young have been one of our most consistent players but that doesn't mean that he isn't out of control chucker that is a product of MDA's system. Marshall is overrated right now but if he wants it enough could get better. But I don't think he wants to be great. So he will probably be out of the league again soon. Has the skills to be really good if he wants to improve his shot, handles, and defense.
myersia
Analyst

Post#11 » by myersia » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:24 am

Slava wrote:The obvious:

Kobe Bryant
Robert Sacre
Ryan Kelly

Priorities:

Pau Gasol
Xavier Henry
Jordan Farmar

For the right price:

Nick Young
Jordan Hill

I'd add Blake to for the right place. Not sure about Nick Young though.
myersia
Analyst

Post#12 » by myersia » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:26 am

Slava wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:Slava I think we should get what we can get for Pau now... Because I'm pretty sure he's headed to Memphis this offseason if they find a taker for Z-bo. Doesnt make sense to lose Dwight for nothing and then lose Pau for nothing the following offseason. Just get anything for him. Just suprised we passed on that Cav deal if the idea was to get under the luxary tax this year

If you can get something good for him, sure trade him. Otherwise there is no other center out there that will be available for 2 yrs/$24 mil of the same caliber and skill level. Since he's been healthy, he has been excellent on both ends of the floor. You just need to play him with someone other than Ryan Kelly in the front court.

Yup need someone who actually plays defense. We need a real assh*le defensive player next to Pau. Ibaka would be a dream scenario. But realistically I would love Manimal.
ballaholick
Rookie
And1: 93

Post#13 » by ballaholick » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:37 am

I guess no one wants back Meeks lol, i dont know why people are so high on Marshall and Wes both are scrubs IMO.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by leeprettyp » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:38 am

myersia wrote:
leeprettyp wrote:I swear I'm not a huge fan of Kendall Marshall's game like everyone else. He throws some of the most dangerous passes out there. On the move with his body floating towards the out of bounds line he throws cross court passes

And your a fan of Nick Young :lol: . I see where you are coming from and I understand that Nick Young have been one of our most consistent players but that doesn't mean that he isn't out of control chucker that is a product of MDA's system. Marshall is overrated right now but if he wants it enough could get better. But I don't think he wants to be great. So he will probably be out of the league again soon. Has the skills to be really good if he wants to improve his shot, handles, and defense.

Swaggy leaves it on the court every single game and you can tell hates losing. Also, he's actually playing with effort on the defensive end of the court. Nick Young off the bench for 3-4mill a season is a steal IMO. He's gonna at least give us a solid backup for Kobe and 12ppg off the bench
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by leeprettyp » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:39 am

ballaholick wrote:I guess no one wants back Meeks lol, i dont know why people are so high on Marshall and Wes both are scrubs IMO.

I'm with you on Meeks (dont want him back)... But Wes Johnson has the length and speed to become a above average defender in the league. He just lacks discipline sometimes on that end of the court. But with the right coach he can become a good intangible guy for the roster
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Slava » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:44 am

myersia wrote:
Slava wrote:

Yup need someone who actually plays defense. We need a real assh*le defensive player next to Pau. Ibaka would be a dream scenario. But realistically I would love Manimal.

Manimal has always been a negative defender, don't let the dreads and hustle fool you! :lol:
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Slava » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:48 am

myersia wrote:

Kobe Bryant
Robert Sacre
Ryan Kelly

Priorities:

Pau Gasol
Xavier Henry
Jordan Farmar

For the right price:

Nick Young
Jordan Hill

I almost expect us to go after an athletic PG next season. Bledsoe is a pipe dream but Lowry is a very attainable target.
myersia
Analyst

Post#18 » by myersia » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:54 am

Slava wrote:
myersia wrote:
Slava wrote:

Manimal has always been a negative defender, don't let the dreads and hustle fool you! :lol:

:lol:
myersia
Analyst

Post#19 » by myersia » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:56 am

Slava wrote:
myersia wrote:

Kobe Bryant
Robert Sacre
Ryan Kelly

Priorities:

Pau Gasol
Xavier Henry
Jordan Farmar

For the right price:

Nick Young
Jordan Hill

I almost expect us to go after an athletic PG next season. Bledsoe is a pipe dream but Lowry is a very attainable target.

I just don't like where Lowry's head is at. Their are times where I think he is legit then other times I think he is Mike James :lol:
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#20 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:31 am

For me this is easy. ...

Nick, Wes, Xavier, Jordan Farmar, Hill ( but I think we're gonna lose him, MDA plays too many head games)

But just because guys have deals don't mean we can't move them.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers