ImageImageImageImageImage

Player Haters of the Year

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

DwnShft2Xcelr8
Pro Prospect
And1: 913

Player Haters of the Year 

Post#1 » by DwnShft2Xcelr8 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:19 pm

Nick Young has been expressing his desire to have the Lakers be "Player Haters of the Year" the past few games. His idea is to have the Lakers be the team that disturbs some teams' Playoffs aspirations. Last night, the Lakers wrecked on the Phoenix Suns, and even Kendall Marshall said he wants the Lakers to be the "Player Haters of the Year."

This would be a fun idea for a team that doesn't have any meaningful draft picks, such as the NY Knicks, but I really hope the Lakers' front office catch on and realize these guys actually trying to win games is counterproductive to the team's future. We need more losses. That win last night may have been fun for the fans in attendance, but it was an idiotic win for the rest of us who want a fighter's chance at getting a top 3 draft pick.

What do you guys think? Should the Lakers try to be "Player Haters of the Year" by trying to mess up other teams' Playoff spots?
I bet the majority of us don't want to see that.
Hide in car on Friday nights so cat thinks I have a social life crew
Telemarketers hang up on me crew
Jehovah's Witnesses close my door for me crew
Parents get upset when I visit crew
Homeless people won't accept money from me crew
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Re: Player Haters of the Year 

Post#2 » by ROballer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:27 pm

**** that plan...we play Dal ,Gsw,Por and Mem soon

We should spoil the party for the tanking teams...by losing to Utah and Sac of course and surpassing them
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#3 » by crazyeights » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:38 pm

Kaman was having a career night. Pau just practiced so at least we'll have a solid tank commander in uniform soon.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,400

Post#4 » by Danny Darko » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:18 pm

screwing it up. really just awful time for this crap.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#5 » by Slava » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:34 pm

I'd rather be lottery winners of the year.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#6 » by Kilroy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:42 pm

I hate all of these players... Wait, what are we doing?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
gotokyo
Rookie
And1: 283

Post#7 » by gotokyo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:40 pm

**** this team...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using RealGM Forums mobile app
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#8 » by The Skyhook » Tue Apr 1, 2014 12:04 am

If they did this during the middle of the season I'd be happy but with the bottom 3 records basically set in stone the 4th and 5th spots were still up for grabs. I view any winning we do now as a negative because its not like we are really serious about developing any of these guys so a losing culture wouldn't hurt.
aussie_laker
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#9 » by aussie_laker » Tue Apr 1, 2014 12:33 am

You are all surely kidding yourselves. Of course the PLAYERS want to win, if anyone suggests any different your delusional. They don't care about draft picks, they care more about what their record looks like at the end of the season

But yes, this is terrible for our lottery position. I like to see us win and play well (like we are at times at the minute) Its just come at a bad time time for franchise.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#10 » by BEazy » Tue Apr 1, 2014 1:37 am

I get winning games but right now winning games isn't important. Management seriously screwed up on this one. Yes these 1 year contract players want a new contract and maximize their chances a getting a long term contract by displaying their talent but then it also has a negative effect on our draft possibilities because of these guys wanting to prove themselves and win games.

Mitch should of done more research into this, he seriously screwed up by signing players to 1 year contracts. Now our draft possibilities are going down the drain because these guys want to "hate on other playoff teams"...smh...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#11 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Apr 1, 2014 2:03 am

Some of you guys are over thinking the room, I mean look at the closing schedule ? Those teams are gonna come hard because they know what's at stake. The way I see it we'll win about 3 more games. We'll beat the Kings, Rockets and Spurs (it's Spurs last game and Pop will sit his boys). That's 28 wins, good enough for that 4th slot.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,400

Post#12 » by Danny Darko » Tue Apr 1, 2014 5:12 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Some of you guys are over thinking the room, I mean look at the closing schedule ? Those teams are gonna come hard because they know what's at stake. The way I see it we'll win about 3 more games. We'll beat the Kings, Rockets and Spurs (it's Spurs last game and Pop will sit his boys). That's 28 wins, good enough for that 4th slot.

You've been chanting that mantra straight from tied for 4th to 8th.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#13 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Apr 2, 2014 2:32 am

Danny Darko wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:Some of you guys are over thinking the room, I mean look at the closing schedule ? Those teams are gonna come hard because they know what's at stake. The way I see it we'll win about 3 more games. We'll beat the Kings, Rockets and Spurs (it's Spurs last game and Pop will sit his boys). That's 28 wins, good enough for that 4th slot.

You've been chanting that mantra straight from tied for 4th to 8th.
Bottom line is this...if the FO doesn't give a stern directive to the coaching staff to blow games, then some nights they're going to pop out a W just like Sunday's game.

Hell the way it's looking we might end up 6th, and that blows it for those top 5 guys.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#14 » by ardee » Wed Apr 2, 2014 3:42 pm

The Skyhook wrote:If they did this during the middle of the season I'd be happy but with the bottom 3 records basically set in stone the 4th and 5th spots were still up for grabs. I view any winning we do now as a negative because its not like we are really serious about developing any of these guys so a losing culture wouldn't hurt.

It's really only the bottom 2 set in stone. If we really lost every game from now on I still think we could finish 3rd.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers