ImageImageImageImageImage

Kobe not on Laker bench during last game in the Staple Cente

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Re: Kobe not on Laker bench during last game in the Staple C 

Post#21 » by myersia » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:26 am

It's Kobe being Kobe. Is this really a surprise to anyone? It's clear he wants nothing to do with this years team and doesn't want anyone remembering this season in regards to his career. Not a big deal given the season and dip in attendance.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#22 » by LLcoleJ » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:58 am

leeprettyp wrote:But how do we know he didn't actually have a migrane?

Don't matter. It wasn't Kobe's night or year and there is no reason for him to speak to " make the fans feel good".

Kobe is under contract for the next 2 seasons and it's on him to prove he can carry this team, next year.

The FO is under the gun to turn this team around and or the right direction or whatever, next year.

This Laker team that had played all year long and a bunch of fringe guys on 1 year deals played their heart out for this org. this year... let them have their night by the guy who lead this team, this year.

Based on all of that, Swaggy should have had his moment as a Laker and a Laker fan to preach to the fans regardless of Kobe and in some regards in spite of him.

It is what it is. Let this Laker bunch have their time and let the others guys have a chance to prove themselves ( Kobe, FO) when they can, next year.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#23 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:49 am

This is going over a lot of heads, Kobe not being there just further enforces the fact he's not down with MDA. Plus by being injured he had no commitment to be there anyway, it's at the players discretion.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#24 » by One Love » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:55 pm

"I had a 9 year old show up to support his fellow all stars at a little league baseball game on crutches"...

Respect your teammates & the game...
myersia
Analyst

Post#25 » by myersia » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Had the strangest dream last night :lol: :lol: Kobe forced a trade to the Knicks. Lakers agreed to send Kobe to NY for Amare, Tim Hardaway Jr.. and Shump. We got the # 3 pick and drafted Embiid. Knicks signed Odom and resigned Melo and Phil took over as coach while keeping his current position. Remember this was just a dream and is HIGHLY UNLIKELY but made me wonder about Kobe's current relationship with the Knicks and all of his buds (Melo, possibly Odom, and Phil) going to NY. That team in the East has a shot. Could be an interesting off-season.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#26 » by Slava » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:11 pm

If it was 2008 Odom & kobe, yes! I wouldn't say no to that trade though, we could even buy out Amare and bring Pau back.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
myersia
Analyst

Post#27 » by myersia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:11 am

Slava wrote:If it was 2008 Odom & kobe, yes! I wouldn't say no to that trade though, we could even buy out Amare and bring Pau back.

Call me crazy but I really wonder if Kobe has considered leaving. Jim is a lot different than Jerry. Had Jerry not been alive during Kobe's demand, would Kobe still be a laker? In addition, I don't ever remember Mitch being as stern as he was when he said "Kobe will continue to voice his displeasure but there's nothing he can do about it" speech.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#28 » by Kilroy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:40 am

Kobe would be an idiot to leave. It would be a terrible financial move as well as a terrible move for his legacy.

It wouldn't shock me if he did, because I don't think he fully understands how much of his reputation is based on him playing in LA his entire career... But it would still be a stupid move on his part.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
myersia
Analyst

Post#29 » by myersia » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:52 am

Kilroy wrote:Kobe would be an idiot to leave. It would be a terrible financial move as well as a terrible move for his legacy.

It wouldn't shock me if he did, because I don't think he fully understands how much of his reputation is based on him playing in LA his entire career... But it would still be a stupid move on his part.

Agreed. But this is hot headed impulsive Kobe we are talking about.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#30 » by Sofa King » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:02 am

GeorgeDillion wrote:
dockingsched wrote:I think he was scheduled to make the annual appreciation speech to the crowd but for whatever reason didn't show up. Ended up being nick young making the speech.

He was but supposedly he missed it because he had a migraine.

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 16h

Kobe Bryant did not address fans at Staples Center tonight. He missed his planned appearance due to a migraine.

Migraines are Hollywood talk for I don't give a ****.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#31 » by RJM » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:06 pm

What's the significance of the final game of a lottery season? Did he have to be there? He's missed games all year, not even sitting on the bench. Is it really worth bashing him over this game? Who cares? It's going to be a good summer. Worry about that instead.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#32 » by dockingsched » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:52 pm

Kobe's already in France on vacation :lol:
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#33 » by ak7 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:18 pm

dockingsched wrote:Kobe's already in France on vacation :lol:

Heh.

Although, I'd rather him vacation while he can't do much, instead of when he's able to hit the head running.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#34 » by Slava » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:31 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/456535854161223680[/tweet]
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,347

Post#35 » by Ckay » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Kobe is such an ass
DwnShft2Xcelr8
Pro Prospect
And1: 913

Post#36 » by DwnShft2Xcelr8 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:44 am

Slava wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/456535854161223680[/tweet]

I guess just barely making the POs is considered epic? Unless the Lakers make a big move this off-season, besides trading a possibly valuable pick for KLove, I don't see how next season will be epic, especially since our main 3 guys (Kobe, Pau, Nash) will be another year older and slower.
Hide in car on Friday nights so cat thinks I have a social life crew
Telemarketers hang up on me crew
Jehovah's Witnesses close my door for me crew
Parents get upset when I visit crew
Homeless people won't accept money from me crew
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#37 » by Mirjalovic » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:47 am

Its too painful for him. i can understand his reasons. Is he selfish ? Yes, but i can understand it.

hopefully he can comeback strong next year and prove everyone wrong about his new contract.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

rand0m
Junior
And1: 25

Post#38 » by rand0m » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:02 am

DwnShft2Xcelr8 wrote:
Slava wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/456535854161223680[/tweet]

I guess just barely making the POs is considered epic? Unless the Lakers make a big move this off-season, besides trading a possibly valuable pick for KLove, I don't see how next season will be epic, especially since our main 3 guys (Kobe, Pau, Nash) will be another year older and slower.

Seeing how DAL, MEM, & PHX duked it out so hard at the end, I don't even see a great outlook making the post season unless we are completely healthy and Kobe comes back strong. As much as I love these guys, it's hard to imagine our defense getting that much better with these 3 old fogies. Certainly not with Pringles at the helm.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers