ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA VI

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Re: Around The NBA VI 

Post#1601 » by Mirjalovic » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:52 am

When Hill will eligible to be traded ? Hill + filler for Hibbert looks good for both teams.

no pick tho
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#1602 » by crazyeights » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:32 am

Mirjalovic wrote:When Hill will eligible to be traded ? Hill + filler for Hibbert looks good for both teams.

no pick tho

Hibbert, eh? I'm not sure if Bird's giving up on him so easily, but man he stunk it up last season. Curious to know your reasoning on why we'd take a chance on him, Mir.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#1603 » by Mirjalovic » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:42 am

crazyeights wrote:
Mirjalovic wrote:When Hill will eligible to be traded ? Hill + filler for Hibbert looks good for both teams.

no pick tho

Hibbert, eh? I'm not sure if Bird's giving up on him so easily, but man he stunk it up last season. Curious to know your reasoning on why we'd take a chance on him, Mir.

i thought Lakers FO wanted them to competitive as possible, and having a defensive center like Hibbert next to Boozer and Randle is a good plan.

Pacers problem last year, they dont have any good playmakers. We got Lin.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#1604 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:32 am

Hill is a one year bird player, which means he must agree to the deal for any trade to happen. Further, if Hill agrees to be traded, his Bird status will be reset and he will be viewed as a non-bird free agent this summer.

In a nutshell Hill won't agree to any trade because he will want to keep those Bird Rights.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#1605 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:35 am

Meanwhile...

OKC has another injury, Reggie Jackson went down in practice today with a sprained ankle. They're pretty beat up and I see them taking more hits as the season goes on. Ehh....their window is starting to close anyway no matter what the damn media who jocks them says.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#1606 » by Dr Aki » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:15 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Hill is a one year bird player, which means he must agree to the deal for any trade to happen. Further, if Hill agrees to be traded, his Bird status will be reset and he will be viewed as a non-bird free agent this summer.

In a nutshell Hill won't agree to any trade because he will want to keep those Bird Rights.

why? the lakers probably wouldn't bat an eyelid and not pick up the option on that second year

you raise the issue of bird rights, why would hill leave his bird rights? sure, it's a bargaining chip, but only to a certain extend

the lakers are looking towards free agency to improve and the first thing they'd do is not pick up that 2nd year TO and renounce hill's bird rights.

if hill's moving to a PO team, i doubt hill is going to veto the trade based on how much he could sign for when he his team option is not picked up and thus will probably provide a guarantee that he his option will be picked up in 2015/16

hill's bird rights is only a bargaining chip if he doesn't want to move away from LA to another team, probably a **** team, that also happens to not have any capspace in order to re-sign him SHOULD they decide not to pick up his 2nd year TO

that's a fairly narrow set of teams that are all:
1. crap
2. have no capspace and thus over the salary cap
3. trade for hill, only to lose him for nothing because they would rather not have hill over savings (maybe LT considerations)

that's maybe 1 team that satisfy the above criteria that hill would probably say no: brooklyn (if he thinks, they're just going to treat him as an expiring contract)

most PO teams if they're trading for hill will probably want him for his talent, most non-PO teams will have capspace opening up and can re-sign hill without the need for his bird rights
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#1607 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:24 am

The Spurs look ragged, but they're also playing with role players as starters. Dallas not looking as great as the media wants you to believe, they're good but all they're doing is just launching jumper after jumper after jumper.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#1608 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:56 am

Jeanie say's Lakers let Dwight down and says team isn't for sell....

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... t-for-sale

I back her 100% on her comments, but the jack ass writer Matt Moore and his cronies can't seem to take it when somebody says something negative about MDA. But what she says is the truth.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#1609 » by LApwnd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:36 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Jeanie say's Lakers let Dwight down and says team isn't for sell....

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... t-for-sale

I back her 100% on her comments, but the jack ass writer Matt Moore and his cronies can't seem to take it when somebody says something negative about MDA. But what she says is the truth.

everybody getting their shots in, like vultures picking at the last piece of meat on the bone.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#1610 » by Sofa King » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:21 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUOhPmHyIhk#t=182[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVyicGhY_vE[/youtube]
aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Post#1611 » by aaron_gray » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:04 pm

TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#1612 » by LApwnd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:34 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:The Spurs look ragged, but they're also playing with role players as starters. Dallas not looking as great as the media wants you to believe, they're good but all they're doing is just launching jumper after jumper after jumper.

missing Leonard, bad offense and still beat Dall....jesus these guys do it right. As far as Dall goes this team is no different then the one that won the chip, if they get hot from perimeter its a hard team to beat but I don't think they have the personel like they did then that as proficient from 3's and or have abilities to brake down the D time and time again like Barrea and even if he comes back he's not the same Barrea that they had then either.
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#1613 » by ak7 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:53 pm

aaron_gray wrote:Image

I would absolutely love this as an avatar gif if someone is tech savvy and wants to help out
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,231

Post#1614 » by EArl » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:10 pm

ak7 wrote:
aaron_gray wrote:Image

I would absolutely love this as an avatar gif if someone is tech savvy and wants to help out

http://i61.tinypic.com/nbd9n8.jpg
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#1615 » by crazyeights » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:50 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuZo-RsBKO8&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

I really like Silver. There are a lot of interesting changes that can be made and looks like they're taking a look at a lot of them.
aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Post#1616 » by aaron_gray » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:59 am

Somebody is going to offer Jackson collison money
TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,287

Post#1617 » by Jedi32 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:05 pm

I've always felt dantoni was the problem. I know Dr. Buss wanted showtime one last time before he left and he was entitled to that but it was definitely the wrong decision. Kobe/Howard/pau/=free agents and chips. Oh well this Org has been so good to me that as a fan I have no problem riding out the hard times.
Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Post#1618 » by Kalidogg24 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:00 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6S1JoCSVNU[/youtube]

Nike with a great Marketing commercial again.... LOL
There losing alot of credentials iMO.

Isn't this the same guy who left this city high and dry and claimed he's not Cleveland but he's Akron? Now he's all about the City of Cleveland? What happens if he leaves the Cavs again in 2 years when his contract is up?

Got no beef with LBJ the ball player but as the person its pretty infuriating how he handles himself. He should fire his PR team. Get killed by the C's big 4 leaves to Miami. Gets killed by the Spurs runs backs to Cleveland. AN NIKE AND THE NBA CONTINUE MAKING THIS GUY SEEM LIKE HE'S A HERO. LOLOLOLOL

This new Generation of players is turning into the "lets be friends and join up together" and it's making all of us sick. Times are changing and we might never see HIGH LEVEL competition anymore. "Lets just be teammates."
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#1619 » by LApwnd » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:08 pm

Jedi32 wrote:I've always felt dantoni was the problem. I know Dr. Buss wanted showtime one last time before he left and he was entitled to that but it was definitely the wrong decision. Kobe/Howard/pau/=free agents and chips. Oh well this Org has been so good to me that as a fan I have no problem riding out the hard times.

Personally I always felt the Dr. Buss wanted showtime stuff was a bunch of BS.....#1 the man was dying and probably wasn't sound mind enough to make any sort of decision like that, #2 he knows his bball and I don't think for one second Dr. Buss thought the team was constructed for that type of offense. I honestly think that Dr. Buss story is a complete cover up for Jim, even during Jim interview on am 710 he said he picked Antoni but wasn't sure but it was Dr. Buss who told him to trust his gut and go with what he felt was right. Rudy T and Brown were both Jim pick for coach and Antoni was completely Jim decision as well.
Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Post#1620 » by Kalidogg24 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:20 pm

LApwnd wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:I've always felt dantoni was the problem. I know Dr. Buss wanted showtime one last time before he left and he was entitled to that but it was definitely the wrong decision. Kobe/Howard/pau/=free agents and chips. Oh well this Org has been so good to me that as a fan I have no problem riding out the hard times.

Personally I always felt the Dr. Buss wanted showtime stuff was a bunch of BS.....#1 the man was dying and probably wasn't sound mind enough to make any sort of decision like that, #2 he knows his bball and I don't think for one second Dr. Buss thought the team was constructed for that type of offense. I honestly think that Dr. Buss story is a complete cover up for Jim, even during Jim interview on am 710 he said he picked Antoni but wasn't sure but it was Dr. Buss who told him to trust his gut and go with what he felt was right. Rudy T and Brown were both Jim pick for coach and Antoni was completely Jim decision as well.

I agree and so does Stephen A Smith.

With that said since Jeannie made perfectly clear on every ESPN talks show last week that she doesn't know basketball I would really love if the Lakers were sold to Magic Johnson and Guggenheim Firm.
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers

Return to Los Angeles Lakers