Re: Lakers win Boozer amnesty auction 

Post#241 » by gotokyo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:59 am

I like this stock piling of PF's idea. We can run a lineup of:

Kobe
Randle
Boozer
Davis
Hill

Since we're not contending we might as well let Kobe chuck his way through the next two seasons and let the other 4 crash the offensive glass to get him more possessions.
D Nice
Veteran
And1: 473

Post#242 » by D Nice » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:09 am

gotokyo wrote:I like this stock piling of PF's idea. We can run a lineup of:

Kobe
Randle
Boozer
Davis
Hill

Since we're not contending we might as well let Kobe chuck his way through the next two seasons and let the other 4 crash the offensive glass to get him more possessions.
I definitely think Kelly would look good running some point too.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#243 » by kblo247 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:02 am

Went in on Mitch sleeping before and his mistake, but can give credit

Mentor Randle so he doesn't get over worked and hurt. Boozer sure did a hell of a job with Taj and Milsap, no one can take that away from him. If Randle wants the job, take it. Kobe came off the bench and took it, same with Worthy, and even Bynum.

It also helps the team compete this year. No question they improved from last year, not as much as with having a star, but they improved on the perimeter, interior, and with assets.

They gained perimeter play by adding Lin who has been healthier than Farmar or Nash or Blake, and is actually athletic unlike Marshall. They retained Nick who vas clearly better than X, Bazemore, and Wes. They will get Kobe back, juries out there, but if he is 80% of who he was that's still the best SG in the league since harden is only at the top by default of Kobe and Wade being hurt.

They improved the interior. Young kid in Randle getting 25 minutes a night while being taught by a guy with a similar frame whose mentored other productive bigs, which means he won't be over worked all year and risk injury. Hill gets a chance to play C where his per is very much better than it is at PF, same for Davis who has something to prove. Boozer gets to play with a pg, and the best wing in the leagues history in terms of maximizing his bigs in Kobe.

They improved their assets. They weren't getting a first round pick. They weren't going to be a bottom 5 team, Kobe isn't Pau, he wasn't going to stand for sucking and just give half *** effort and get his numbers, they were going to compete every night. So they got the first from Houston and a second from Houston via the clippers. That's more than they were looking at coming in.

They left a room exception for a guy like Marion or another wing who can start.

And they are reportedly still interested in Kelly and Henry. That to me is intriguing because I think they want them to be what Shannon and Radmanovic were. Kelly isn't a stretch 4, he's more of a Vlad type and I think that was their thinking, same with Henry being an excitement and momentum swing player like Shannon.
KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran
And1: 2,309

Post#244 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Congrats guys.
#FreeGuwop
dirtymike
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#245 » by dirtymike » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:25 pm

lakerRD wrote:I'd be shocked to see Randle play the 3 anytime in his career.
For one thing, he can't guard the quicker 3's around the league.

This right here. These SF can really handle the ball these days. I dont think Randle is quick or agile enough to defend SF in this league. At least not consistently.
Plan B: Make Plan A work- Dirty Mike
DrewBynum77
Lead Assistant
And1: 322

Post#246 » by DrewBynum77 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:40 pm

Since people are talking about tanking again I have one question about the NBA lottery: Wouldn't the Lakers need to finish bottom2 to secure our pick?

Or the arrangement on the protection was different?

And next year it gets worse. We need already to have a mediocre season right now to give phoenix a mediocre pick so we can get past the Nash trade.
Kangaroohop
Junior
And1: 50

Post#247 » by Kangaroohop » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:45 pm

It's hilarious ahh last season we were constantly short on bigs.. Now it seems like the same for SF.

Pick and roll/pop Boozer/Lin - noice!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#248 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:09 pm

ROballer wrote:.500 got you what?

Oh that's right..Zach Lavine or TJ Warren

No playoffs,just mediocrity

At least this way we got Randle,and could've gotten even better if we sucked a lil bit harder

It ceases to amaze me people who prefer middle of the pack....wake the **** up people,it's either good or bad in this league,good to make the playoffs and make a splash there ,or bad to suck hard enough for adding a real difference maker through the draft

Middle of the pack(.500) gets you a 13-15 th pick in a draft and nothing else

Actually, tanking sucks.
Last year CLE was trying to win and the were still awful but not the worst and got the 1st Pick again. 76ers continue us to draft injury prone big men and the Bucks just tanked so hard for Parker and Jason Kidd.

Most draft picks that team tank received last season were immediately on the trading block( Randle,wiggins, etc)

Tanking is about an unpredictable and lousy way to plan your team as there is.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
MalikJoakim24
Banned User
And1: 3,420

Post#249 » by MalikJoakim24 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:12 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MisterCBooz/status/490108101857521665[/tweet]

ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#250 » by ROballer » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Winning the lottery with less than 2%, 2 out of the last 4 yrs is just dumb luck...

Tanking is good when you're sure you're not going nowhere in a certain season....if you think that trying hard to win and ending up.500 ,while ending up with a 13-15 pick beats ending up in the top 5....yeah,I don't agree with that

And Wiggins and Randle being on the trading block....is for a player considered top 10 in this league in Love.Something a middle first round pick would not be able to bring
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran
And1: 2,309

Post#251 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:19 pm

ROballer wrote:Winning the lottery with less than 2%, 2 out of the last 4 yrs is just dumb luck...

Tanking is good when you're sure you're not going nowhere in a certain season....if you think that trying hard to win and ending up.500 ,while ending up with a 13-15 pick beats ending up in the top 5....yeah,I don't agree with that

And Wiggins and Randle being on the trading block....is for a player considered top 10 in this league in Love.Something a middle first round pick would not be able to bring

yeah only reason why Wiggins is on trade block is because the team already has LeBron/Kyrie.

Worst record overall hasn't won since 2004, tanking is bad.

Lottery is pure lock & so is actual drafting, Cle won 3/4 but the one that didn't, well, I'd trade all of Kyrie/Waiters/Wiggins/Thompson/Bennet for Anthony Davis right now.
#FreeGuwop
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#252 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:21 pm

ROballer wrote:Winning the lottery with less than 2%, 2 out of the last 4 yrs is just dumb luck...

Dumb luck happens. More often than you think. Hey it's great to lose some games at the end of the season to help your draft position. But you don't enter the season that way. You don't build a winning culture with your new draft pick by being as bad as possible. You don't tank this season to let pHX get a sweet pick.
The Lakers plan is simple and obvious . Compete as best you can with flexibility moving forward to sign FA's down the road. They are not team tank and Boozer is not going to move that needle either way.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
ROballer
General Manager

Post#253 » by ROballer » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:28 pm

No one suggested tanking this season...I was talking about the last one
And tanking/sucking doesn't mean only the 1st overall pick....it's (Please Use More Appropriate Word) to go all in for the no.1 pick,since the worst team in the league hasn't won the lottery in a decade..you tank for a top 5 pick in general
It was obvious when Kobe wasn't ready at the start that the team is going to suck...and I wanted to suck as bad as possible to get a top pick in the draft,simple as that

I'd still take our season over what a team like the Suns had....they were competitive for most of the year and choked hard at the finish

No playoffs and ended up with TJ Warren

We sucked balls and ended up with Julius Randle....that's better for the future no matter how you spin it
That's the point,you're not doing anything in a season,at least try to get better for the future...and adding top notch talent through the draft is as better way to do that as there is

Anyway,I'm happy you started posting again :P

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#254 » by hermes » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:55 pm

ROballer wrote:
How the **** not? Since Boozer's gonna start?

how do you know boozer is going to start? we don't even have a coach, so no one knows
hermes
RealGM

Post#255 » by hermes » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:59 pm

ROballer wrote:.500 got you what?

Oh that's right..Zach Lavine or TJ Warren

No playoffs,just mediocrity

At least this way we got Randle,and could've gotten even better if we sucked a lil bit harder

It ceases to amaze me people who prefer middle of the pack....wake the **** up people,it's either good or bad in this league,good to make the playoffs and make a splash there ,or bad to suck hard enough for adding a real difference maker through the draft

Middle of the pack(.500) gets you a 13-15 th pick in a draft and nothing else

if those are the only two options why do you want to be bad? i want the team to be good
ROballer
General Manager

Post#256 » by ROballer » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:00 pm

I also want to be good hermes but looking at the personnel we have....it ain't pretty

ROballer
General Manager

Post#257 » by ROballer » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:02 pm

hermes wrote:
ROballer wrote:
How the **** not? Since Boozer's gonna start?

how do you know boozer is going to start? we don't even have a coach, so no one knows

Boozer is a former 20/12 guy who was an All-Star and has a name in this league...Randle is an unproven rookie,talented yes,but inexperienced

No coach will choose Randle over Boozer early on.....I could see Boozer sucking and Randle taking his spot after a while but not from the start

hermes
RealGM

Post#258 » by hermes » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:03 pm

EArl wrote:
hermes wrote:and what are they all getting paid?

I dont know if this is funny because you're speaking the truth or because you don't watch basketball.

why can't it be both?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#259 » by Kilroy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:06 pm

Luck works both ways...

With some luck, even this roster can make the playoffs and go on a Cinderella run.

With bad luck we can end up with the worst record in basketball and get the 8th pick (I think)...
With bad luck you tank and all the best prospects flame out or you grab Lynn Bias with the #1.

With some luck, Mitch is working on a deal that makes Tanking seem like a ridiculous proposition.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
hermes
RealGM

Post#260 » by hermes » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:12 pm

ROballer wrote:I also want to be good hermes but looking at the personnel we have....it ain't pretty

well i'm not giving up on them

that's why i didn't support the tanking movement last year and why i won't this year. i am happy when my teams win and sad when they lose - so i always prefer they win, rooting for my team to lose just doesn't connect with me. if they end up being no good and lose a lot of games that will be too bad but it won't cause me to want them to lose more, i'll still root for them to win every game

look at the other teams i follow, i deal with losing all the time - i want any wins i can get

Return to Los Angeles Lakers