ImageImageImageImageImage

Greatest Laker of All Time?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,834

Re: Greatest Laker of All Time? 

Post#81 » by Beethoven » Wed Aug 6, 2014 9:22 pm

Kobe, Kareem, Magic, West, Shaq, Pau, Chamberlain....

They are all the GREATEST in Laker history. This is what makes us so great and blessed. Do we really need to keep arguing who is the best?
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#82 » by Rosque » Thu Aug 7, 2014 12:16 am

Greatest Laker is Kobe. Greatest player that wore Purple and Gold was Magic.

There's a difference between being a greatest Laker and being best player ever that wore Lakers jersey.
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#83 » by Kilroy » Thu Aug 7, 2014 1:03 am

Rosque wrote:Greatest Laker is Kobe. Greatest player that wore Purple and Gold was Magic.

There's a difference between being a greatest Laker and being best player ever that wore Lakers jersey.

The best player to wear a Lakers Jersey is Kareem by a mile...

Not even sure what distinction you're trying to make with best laker and best to wear purp and gold...

Magic was the better player and more important to the Lakers... So still Magic.

Kareem's best days were prior to playing for the Lakers but he was maybe the best player to ever play the game...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
ayROBbayy
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#84 » by ayROBbayy » Thu Aug 7, 2014 1:07 am

Kilroy wrote:
Rosque wrote:Greatest Laker is Kobe. Greatest player that wore Purple and Gold was Magic.

Not even sure what distinction you're trying to make with best laker and best to wear purp and gold...

Kareem's best days were prior to playing for the Lakers but he was maybe the best player to ever play the game...

Agreed. Hard to compare players because of the different positions they play, but I'd have to say overall its got to be Kareem. Skyhook was virtually unguardable. I've heard things about how not that many people liked him in the locker room but I'm not 100% on that so don't quote me on that. Hands down, Kareem doesn't get enough credit for what he has done for the purple and gold.
I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion. -Muhammad Ali
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#85 » by Kilroy » Thu Aug 7, 2014 1:10 am

Kareem wasn't the most personable dude... But you have to give him credit for not going all Shaq when Magic came into the league and essentially took over the team. I think compared to Magic, most people seem socially awkward and I think that's what happened... People compared Kap to Magic.
I think by today's standards Kareem was pretty approachable.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
ayROBbayy
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#86 » by ayROBbayy » Thu Aug 7, 2014 1:34 am

Kilroy wrote:Kareem wasn't the most personable dude... But you have to give him credit for not going all Shaq when Magic came into the league and essentially took over the team. I think compared to Magic, most people seem socially awkward and I think that's what happened... People compared Kap to Magic.
I think by today's standards Kareem was pretty approachable.

Exactly. It took a lot of humility on his part to be able to accept that basketball is a team sport and allow another star to co-exist with him.
I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion. -Muhammad Ali
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#87 » by Rosque » Thu Aug 7, 2014 10:50 am

Kilroy wrote:

Magic was the better player when comparing their Lakers part of the career. That's what I was aiming.
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,834

Post#88 » by Beethoven » Thu Aug 7, 2014 12:36 pm

Rosque wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Magic was the better player when comparing their Lakers part of the career. That's what I was aiming.

huh?
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#89 » by Mamba Venom » Fri Aug 8, 2014 4:58 am

Kobe because of longevity and DEFENSE. Magic's D is overrated when I watch the throwback ESPN classic games. I was born in the 80s. So I loved Magic when I was a little boy. But I grew up a Kobe fan.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
KDAWKAJ
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#90 » by KDAWKAJ » Fri Aug 8, 2014 6:22 am

I consider Magic the greatest Laker, but Kobe and his longevity isn't too far behind IMO.
Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Post#91 » by Tee212 » Fri Aug 8, 2014 10:38 am

magics great no look passes also led to his no look defense..so ya kobe by a few miles

Return to Los Angeles Lakers