Post#21 » by hermes » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:09 pm

hopefully it will be a fun farewell tour for him
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Re: Steve Nash is done; 14-15 will be his last 

Post#22 » by semi-sentient » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:10 pm

AcecardZ wrote:Haha! Joke is on us! The guy is already done! He's just not done getting paid.

I have zero respect for Nash! He has two MVP trophies he doesn't deserve and has done nothing but hurt this team since he has arrived! See you Nash! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

That's a bit harsh, don't you think?

Nash had a great career, but his body simply broke down after we obtained him. It's not really his fault as no one can foresee that type of thing happening, and he certainly went out there and gave it his all despite his limitations. Bottom line here is that the Lakers should have understood the risk so it's more on them than it is on Nash. Similarly, they were quite stupid to offer Kobe that contract knowing full well that he'd never be the same player after the achilles injury. Certainly you can't blame Kobe for that, just like you can't blame Nash for his contract.

I think you have to respect what he's been able to achieve and just leave it at that. He's a classy guy and a great teammate, and he'll rightfully go down as one of the greatest PG's in history.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Re: Steve Nash will retire after 14-15 season 

Post#23 » by One Love » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:15 pm

Nash cost us two high 1st round picks & just wants the money... He should have retired after last season... He has taken allot of tlent away from this team with little impact...
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#24 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:43 pm

if he can show lin some moves and etc and make Lin into a mini prime nash .THEN maybe i will clap when he plays his last game. a golf clap of course... Overall he's been our worst signing in over 10 years.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#25 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:44 pm

One Love wrote:Nash cost us two high 1st round picks & just wants the money... He should have retired after last season... He has taken allot of tlent away from this team with little impact...

He won't be invited to any HOF LAKERS parties i hope.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,833

Post#26 » by Beethoven » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
One Love wrote:Nash cost us two high 1st round picks & just wants the money... He should have retired after last season... He has taken allot of tlent away from this team with little impact...

He won't be invited to any HOF LAKERS parties i hope.

I group him with the former Laker members Mitch Richmond, Gary Payton, and Dwight Howard.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
MikeXL
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#27 » by MikeXL » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:10 pm

It's going to be awesome to watch a Lin/Kobe/Nash guard rotation, but it's going to hurt knowing Nash is on the way out. One of my favorite players ever.

It's hard seeing guys I grew up with, like Nash, Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, KG, all on their last legs. The game won't be the same without them.
MikeXL
Sophomore

Post#28 » by MikeXL » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:11 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:if he can show lin some moves and etc and make Lin into a mini prime nash .THEN maybe i will clap when he plays his last game. a golf clap of course... Overall he's been our worst signing in over 10 years.

I'm not sure what you guys expected when you brought in a near 40 year old PG who was in the league for 16 years with crazy mileage and took him away from the wizard Suns medical staff.

Yeah, he played great up to that point, but it was clear that he was on borrowed time.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#29 » by LApwnd » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:15 pm

MikeXL wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:if he can show lin some moves and etc and make Lin into a mini prime nash .THEN maybe i will clap when he plays his last game. a golf clap of course... Overall he's been our worst signing in over 10 years.

I'm not sure what you guys expected when you brought in a near 40 year old PG who was in the league for 16 years with crazy mileage and took him away from the wizard Suns medical staff.

Yeah, he played great up to that point, but it was clear that he was on borrowed time.

we expected him to play more than 20games a season, that asking to much? :-?
MikeXL
Sophomore

Post#30 » by MikeXL » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:18 pm

LApwnd wrote:
MikeXL wrote:

Things happen when your old. I don't think Kobe wanted to miss time, either.
leeprettyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 680

Post#31 » by leeprettyp » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:05 pm

During his interview with Mason& Ireland today Mitch admitted the team doesnt believe their gonna be able to rely on Nash this season staying in the lineup. He also admitted that he's been in contact with Nash also, so dont get your hopes up this season fellas. We'll see
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#32 » by kblo247 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:50 pm

MikeXL wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
MikeXL wrote:

Except kobe got hurt because he was doing Nash's **** job. The team was 5-13 with Nash running the o so kobe had to play pg, chase the PGs, play 40mpg, and his Achilles snapped because he was digging us from the whole Nash and Dandumbass created.

Nash is the definition of worst laker of all time. Took our picks, hurt kobe, lost us Dwight in the process, and his dumbass coach was picked because e was the one guy saying dantoni over Phil under the guise of he will maximize me and I'll maximize them. We sucked until nash was beasically turned into fish and Kerr because he couldn't advance the ball, create, or defend.

And the cherry on top, he could've got his money with a medical retirement and been off our cap by not playing 10 games but dantoni hooked him up and played him 10 first quarters and a couple late games last year to get the assist record.

Nash is lower than Smush as an all time laker
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#33 » by kblo247 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:51 pm

MikeXL wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
MikeXL wrote:

Except kobe got hurt because he was doing Nash's **** job. The team was 5-13 with Nash running the o so kobe had to play pg, chase the PGs, play 40mpg, and his Achilles snapped because he was digging us from the whole Nash and Dandumbass created.

Nash is the definition of worst laker of all time. Took our picks, hurt kobe, lost us Dwight in the process, and his dumbass coach was picked because e was the one guy saying dantoni over Phil under the guise of he will maximize me and I'll maximize them. We sucked until nash was beasically turned into fish and Kerr because he couldn't advance the ball, create, or defend.

And the cherry on top, he could've got his money with a medical retirement and been off our cap by not playing 10 games but dantoni hooked him up and played him 10 first quarters and a couple late games last year to get the assist record.

MikeXL
Sophomore

Post#34 » by MikeXL » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:08 pm

kblo247 wrote:
MikeXL wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

This is such an irrational and hyperbolic post that it's hard to even respond.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#35 » by Kilroy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:21 pm

MikeXL wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
MikeXL wrote:

I agree but cut him some slack... This is completely out of character for Kblo.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Levity
Pro Prospect
And1: 103

Post#36 » by Levity » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:38 pm

if he is indeed healthy, i like the idea of nash running our 2nd unit. surround him with: Young, Henry, Randle, and Davis/Hill. he'll have guys he who can hit an open shot and can move off the ball (scott will need young to buy into that) and will have hill or davis to set him high screens to get the offense started (you can even mix boozer in with that squad to get good results)

I like clarkson, but hes not NBA PG ready. he should be able to put the ball in the basket, but he'll have ample opportunity to develop. so if nash is healthy, give him the keys to the 2nd unit. We need lin to start for defensive purposes (if you want to mitigate his role to just that)

An idea that intrigues me if nash isnt healthy, is signing sessions to run that 2nd unit. the boy flew up and down the court his one season with us and looked GREAT when he was initially given the keys to the bench squad. Mike Brown asking him to slow down the game for the starters took away his biggest advantage. But if we bring him back to what he does best, hed be a nice fit. Would love for him to work on his outside shot, though.
MikeXL
Sophomore

Post#37 » by MikeXL » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Kilroy wrote:
MikeXL wrote:
kblo247 wrote:Except kobe got hurt because he was doing Nash's **** job. The team was 5-13 with Nash running the o so kobe had to play pg, chase the PGs, play 40mpg, and his Achilles snapped because he was digging us from the whole Nash and Dandumbass created.

I agree but cut him some slack... This is completely out of character for Kblo.

Fair enough. Happens to the best of us.

I'm sure I'll find out more about you all in time. Gonna be on here a lot, as Lin and Nash are two of my favorites ever.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#38 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:56 am

LApwnd wrote:
MikeXL wrote:

We expected to him in the playoffs with Dwight and kobe.. But that didn't happen. Then he's just got older and got lazier to be honest.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,687

Post#39 » by Pointgod » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:53 am

Levity wrote:if he is indeed healthy, i like the idea of nash running our 2nd unit. surround him with: Young, Henry, Randle, and Davis/Hill. he'll have guys he who can hit an open shot and can move off the ball (scott will need young to buy into that) and will have hill or davis to set him high screens to get the offense started (you can even mix boozer in with that squad to get good results)

I like clarkson, but hes not NBA PG ready. he should be able to put the ball in the basket, but he'll have ample opportunity to develop. so if nash is healthy, give him the keys to the 2nd unit. We need lin to start for defensive purposes (if you want to mitigate his role to just that)

An idea that intrigues me if nash isnt healthy, is signing sessions to run that 2nd unit. the boy flew up and down the court his one season with us and looked GREAT when he was initially given the keys to the bench squad. Mike Brown asking him to slow down the game for the starters took away his biggest advantage. But if we bring him back to what he does best, hed be a nice fit. Would love for him to work on his outside shot, though.

Yeah Sessions off the bench is a solid call. I'm still pissed at that Nash trade. It set the Lakers back 3 years not only was Nash not worth his money we gave up 3 draft picks that could has have been used to rebuild. Hopefully management has learner their lesson not to go for quick fixes, I doubt it though
tviper
Sixth Man
And1: 260

Post#40 » by tviper » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:04 am

guys, perspective. If Stern didn't illegally, unethically, and conflictingly veto the CP3 trade, none of this would've happened. Mitch was forced into scramble mode bc of that crook Stern which set the franchise back who knows how long. not to break open a scab but that is the truth.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers