ImageImageImageImageImage

Julius Randle: update pg 8 (now getting foot surgery)

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Re: Julius Fractures Tibia | Surgery Success | Out for Seaso 

Post#101 » by The Skyhook » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:34 pm

I was hoping he would only be out for 2 to 3 months but the entire season didn't even cross my mind. I'm still pretty confused as to how he broke it after watching it over and over again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
cw3k
Bench Warmer
And1: 503

Post#102 » by cw3k » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:48 pm

Sucks for Lakers. I was having high hope seeing him develops into a star. Guess the injury never stop for Lakers.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#103 » by LApwnd » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:48 pm

Slava wrote:
LApwnd wrote:is it normal for a guy to brake his leg that easily? and can this be a chronic issue?

Breaking a bone is never a chronic issue to anyone unless you are 70 years old and suffer from osteoporosis.

but the way he broke it seemed quite easy, it was basic basketball move. If he done that now isn't it possible he can do it again? its not like he landed awkwardly or got it caught up like George did.
TARIQ
Veteran
And1: 225

Post#104 » by TARIQ » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:49 pm

Speedy recovery young fella :(
Wonderllama wrote:George/Hibbert = the next Kobe/Shaq?

PG seems like he could be even better than Kobe... IMO.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#105 » by hermes » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:07 pm

that really stinks
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#106 » by jcsunsfan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:27 am

LApwnd wrote:
Slava wrote:
LApwnd wrote:is it normal for a guy to brake his leg that easily? and can this be a chronic issue?

Breaking a bone is never a chronic issue to anyone unless you are 70 years old and suffer from osteoporosis.

but the way he broke it seemed quite easy, it was basic basketball move. If he done that now isn't it possible he can do it again? its not like he landed awkwardly or got it caught up like George did.

I think that left foot hit with more force than it looks like, especially when the right foot was planted and pushing off. All the best. Hope he recovers quickly.
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#107 » by Mamba Venom » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:02 am

He will play the last few games of the season. He is too young not to recover early. Nov, Dec, Jan: recovery. Feb, Mar: rehab. See in you April Julius.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
chickhearnsmike
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#108 » by chickhearnsmike » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:19 am

Mamba Venom wrote:He will play the last few games of the season. He is too young not to recover early. Nov, Dec, Jan: recovery. Feb, Mar: rehab. See in you April Julius.

sure as hell hope so.. dammit cant the lakeboys get a freaking break sometimes?
this really sucks.

is it possible for one nba team to get two dpe"s in one season?
nash and julius?
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#109 » by DEEP3CL » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:55 am

Man are guys really talking about "curses" ? C'mon fellas really.....everybody is gonna take injuries. It was a fluke deal, this will help Julius more than ever. He'll get a chance to lift weights to strengthen his upper body, then once he can bare weight on it he can start shooting free throws, stand still jumpers...working on his shot will only get better.

And lets be real about it, his minutes were going to be shallow because of Booz being on the roster. Next year that PF starting spot is all his and he's going to come charging hard like the bull we know he is and can be.

I hate like hell he's hurt, but it's positives in this all around. More minutes for Ed and maybe for Clarkson too seeing as the rotations will be different unless we make a move for somebody. Maybe Okafor is an option especially if his neck checks out, he can be a decent defensive option.

But let's lose the negative doom and gloom mantra.

Oh yeah and to everybody rocking those damn MDA sigs......get rid of them, gotta start there first on making it good.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#110 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:04 am

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/10/29/rand ... season.ap/

Randle played one more game in what was supposed to be his rookie season than Blake Griffin, another high-profile power forward chosen with a high draft pick by a Los Angeles team. Griffin missed the entire 2009-10 season with the Clippers after breaking his left kneecap in their final preseason game while landing after a dunk.

Better than nothing, Griffin seems fine afterwards.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,598

Post#111 » by Asianiac_24 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:08 am

Ridiculous
ratra_1211
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#112 » by ratra_1211 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:46 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:Man are guys really talking about "curses" ? C'mon fellas really.....everybody is gonna take injuries. It was a fluke deal, this will help Julius more than ever. He'll get a chance to lift weights to strengthen his upper body, then once he can bare weight on it he can start shooting free throws, stand still jumpers...working on his shot will only get better.

And lets be real about it, his minutes were going to be shallow because of Booz being on the roster. Next year that PF starting spot is all his and he's going to come charging hard like the bull we know he is and can be.

I hate like hell he's hurt, but it's positives in this all around. More minutes for Ed and maybe for Clarkson too seeing as the rotations will be different unless we make a move for somebody. Maybe Okafor is an option especially if his neck checks out, he can be a decent defensive option.

But let's lose the negative doom and gloom mantra.

Oh yeah and to everybody rocking those damn MDA sigs......get rid of them, gotta start there first on making it good.

i hope randle really lift weight and gain more strength and destroy the league once he play next year.

anyways when will nick young be available?? really intrigued to see him play with kobe
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#113 » by crazyeights » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:37 pm

I hope when he's able he's on the bench every night learning the game up close with our coach's/vets.
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#114 » by ArC_man » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:43 pm

As the NBA draft approached, team doctors warned front office executives: Feel free to choose Kentucky’s Julius Randle, but he needed surgery to protect against long-term issues with his right foot.

“Where the broken bone was held together, the bone had rotated slightly,” one NBA executive told Yahoo Sports. “It was not aligned perfectly. Our guys felt that, despite [Randle] not feeling pain, it should be fixed for long-term stability.”

Several general managers had come to that conclusion based on the recommendations of medical staff, but the Los Angeles Lakers studied the foot, the screw inserted within it and chose a different course. The Lakers selected Randle seventh overall and disagreed with the findings of several teams choosing inside and out of the lottery. The Lakers had access to study the foot longer and closer, and declared unnecessary a procedure that would’ve cost Randle two months of summertime recovery.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/julius-ran ... 52606.html

Since Randle is going to be out anyways, would now be the proper time to fix his foot? If it helps with long term stability and health, why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone and fix the issue before it becomes a problem?
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Julius Randle out for season with fractured tibia 

Post#115 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:56 am

Jermaine O'Neal Hasn't Ruled Out Continuing Career

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... ing-Career

JO?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#116 » by Sofa King » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:32 am

ArC_man wrote:
As the NBA draft approached, team doctors warned front office executives: Feel free to choose Kentucky’s Julius Randle, but he needed surgery to protect against long-term issues with his right foot.

“Where the broken bone was held together, the bone had rotated slightly,” one NBA executive told Yahoo Sports. “It was not aligned perfectly. Our guys felt that, despite [Randle] not feeling pain, it should be fixed for long-term stability.”

Several general managers had come to that conclusion based on the recommendations of medical staff, but the Los Angeles Lakers studied the foot, the screw inserted within it and chose a different course. The Lakers selected Randle seventh overall and disagreed with the findings of several teams choosing inside and out of the lottery. The Lakers had access to study the foot longer and closer, and declared unnecessary a procedure that would’ve cost Randle two months of summertime recovery.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/julius-ran ... 52606.html

Since Randle is going to be out anyways, would now be the proper time to fix his foot? If it helps with long term stability and health, why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone and fix the issue before it becomes a problem?

Send him to Phoenix for a day. He'll have a complete recovery in no time.

Gary Vitti and the Lakers Medical Staff are looking like idiots.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,399

Post#117 » by Danny Darko » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:59 am

in fairness I don't know any of our injuries you an peg on Vitti.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#118 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:35 am

Danny Darko wrote:in fairness I don't know any of our injuries you an peg on Vitti.
No you can't but ever since the Lakers switched to a different strength and conditioning coach, that's when all the bs injuries started.

From what I remember reading this guy had switched up their flight meals, getting food from Whole Foods catered in. Hell whatever they were eating before go back to it....this crap wasn't happening when Jim Cota and Chip Shafer were running that stuff.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#119 » by Sofa King » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:44 am

Danny Darko wrote:in fairness I don't know any of our injuries you an peg on Vitti.

When I think of the Lakers health, I think of Gary Vitti. It's been that way for years. He's been like the main figure to go to when you want to address injuries on the team. His role may change over the years but if I'm pointing a finger at health and injury issue's, I'm looking at Vitti.
It's the same way when I look at front office decisions being made its either Mitch or Jimmy or both now.

More specifically, the Lakers' had their "experts" check on Julius Randle. They made their decision on his foot.

First game, the dude's right leg is broken in the first game. I'm no expert but I can put two and two together.

All the evidence so far tells me the Lakers medical team and Vitti **** up royally.

This goes back to Karl Malone stating how they screwed up his injury. Can't trust those LA doctors from here on out.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,399

Post#120 » by Danny Darko » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:02 am

ok so lets list:

Randle: was vetted by outside consultation and did not have a foot recurrence. Maaaaaybe the foot on that side had something to do with it, but lots of guys have those screws and none that I can remember ever broke their leg in sequentially after.

Swaggy: not even sort of anyone's fault.

X: Pre-existing weirdnes... hmm maybe he could have been vetted better but did we invest heavy in this guy?-noooo cheap contract on a scrubb team last year that outperformed what we thought.

Nash: FFS idk. dude was a time bomb with his back but the nerve root break on Lillard was hard to predict.

Kobe: not Vitti, in fact Vitti kept his million broken fingers together all those years.

Kelly: he has vaginitis of the hamstring and this should have been discovered by his gynecologist not Vitti. The foot however is good to go unless this hamstring is code word for foot.

Lin & Clarkson: preseason ankle & calf bs and they made the opener.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers