Michigan state
8%

Total votes: 24

Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Re: Official 14-15 NCAA/Draft Discussion Thread [ft. TyCobb] 

Post#1181 » by Rosque » Sun May 3, 2015 8:06 pm

it's either KAT or Hezonja for me. everything else and i'm sceptical.
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#1182 » by Mirjalovic » Mon May 4, 2015 1:28 am

Rosque wrote:it's either KAT or Hezonja for me. everything else and i'm sceptical.

how about his handle ?

in draft board they say his handle pretty bad, but from what i saw he has smooth handling.. is it true?
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#1183 » by Rosque » Mon May 4, 2015 12:52 pm

Mirjalovic wrote:
Rosque wrote:it's either KAT or Hezonja for me. everything else and i'm sceptical.

how about his handle ?

in draft board they say his handle pretty bad, but from what i saw he has smooth handling.. is it true?

He has loose dribling, like Kobe. High posture. Not low like Kyrie, for example. That makes it seem like he has bad handles. But he is improving nicely. Could definitely run pick and roll consistently after AS break to release some pressure off Kobe. He has tremendous instincts and sees spots some wings definitely don't see. As he improves we might see some Manu-type passes but not in first season. In first season he could be tertiary ball handler after Clarkson and Kobe in starting lineup and spot up shooter with occasional one-on-one.
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
massive attack
Sophomore
And1: 85

Post#1184 » by massive attack » Tue May 5, 2015 5:12 am

Christian Wood I think would be great for the Houston pick. Not sure if he would still be available then, but he has great size and length, blocks shots, rebounds well. He's got a face up game, albeit very raw, and he has a very lean body too. But he has the tools to impact on both ends on the floor.

DX scouting video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyt5McHmIKg
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#1185 » by TyCobb » Mon May 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Maryland and UNLV are going to be really good next season, especially Maryland.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1186 » by tugs » Tue May 12, 2015 12:41 pm

Mudiay?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1187 » by TyCobb » Tue May 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Just watched the first airing of the draft combine. Most impressed with Winslow as far as interviews go. Has everything you want in a prospect. Surprised to hear Stanley Johnson views himself as a Paul George type player. Jerian Grant views himself as a Gilbert Arenas, scoring point guard. Harrison twins are annoying. Trey Lyles admitted he has an eating problem. Makes sense as he is really soft around the edges.

Not going to be alot of stars in this draft, but it will be deep with quality rotation guys, all the way through the 20's.
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#1188 » by PKABOOICU » Thu May 14, 2015 4:33 pm

i think the top 4 have allstar potential--kat/okafor/russell/mudiay....the rest will be pretty good starters/rotational players.

that said, i had a dream we dropped to 5th and drafted winslow...wasnt happy lol
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#1189 » by ALL HAIL » Fri May 15, 2015 4:07 am

In spite of his low pre-draft ranking, look for Myles Turner to markedly improve his stock, moving up into top six.

Apparently the young man has gotten way out in front of his gait issues by voluntarily being assessed by a top notch doctor.

The results show that although he is in fine health, he needs to develop his body in ways that will improve his balance.

According to this doctor, his "gait issues" are completely "correctable".

Also of note, Turner measured at nearly seven feet tall in shoes with a 9'4 standing reach.

In spite of low draft ratings, it is, and has always been, Towns or Turner for me in this draft.

Hopefully, he's on the Laker's radar ... I feel pretty confident that he is.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#1190 » by ALL HAIL » Fri May 15, 2015 4:07 am

In spite of his low pre-draft ranking, look for Myles Turner to markedly improve his stock, moving up into top six.

Apparently the young man has gotten way out in front of his gait issues by voluntarily being assessed by a top notch doctor.

The results show that although he is in fine health, he needs to develop his body in ways that will improve his balance.

Also of note, Turner measured at nearly seven feet tall in shoes with a 9'4 standing reach.

In spite of low draft ratings, it is, and has always been, Towns or Turner for me in this draft.

Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#1191 » by Fresh360Waves » Fri May 15, 2015 4:32 am

I really liked what I saw from J.P. Tokoto at the Combine. Solid defender. The Lakers should definitely consider him.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#1192 » by Fresh360Waves » Fri May 15, 2015 4:33 am

TyCobb wrote:Just watched the first airing of the draft combine. Most impressed with Winslow as far as interviews go. Has everything you want in a prospect. Surprised to hear Stanley Johnson views himself as a Paul George type player. Jerian Grant views himself as a Gilbert Arenas, scoring point guard. Harrison twins are annoying. Trey Lyles admitted he has an eating problem. Makes sense as he is really soft around the edges.

Not going to be alot of stars in this draft, but it will be deep with quality rotation guys, all the way through the 20's.

And Johnson claims he's the "best" player in the draft lol. Of course every guy feels that way, but you ain't gotta announce it.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#1193 » by Fresh360Waves » Fri May 15, 2015 4:34 am

massive attack wrote:Christian Wood I think would be great for the Houston pick. Not sure if he would still be available then, but he has great size and length, blocks shots, rebounds well. He's got a face up game, albeit very raw, and he has a very lean body too. But he has the tools to impact on both ends on the floor.

DX scouting video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyt5McHmIKg

I like Wood also. His physique reminds me of Anthony Davis.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#1194 » by Fresh360Waves » Fri May 15, 2015 4:35 am

TyCobb wrote:Maryland and UNLV are going to be really good next season, especially Maryland.

San Diego State too w/ Malik Pope.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#1195 » by TyCobb » Fri May 15, 2015 5:27 am

Fresh360Waves wrote:
TyCobb wrote:Just watched the first airing of the draft combine. Most impressed with Winslow as far as interviews go. Has everything you want in a prospect. Surprised to hear Stanley Johnson views himself as a Paul George type player. Jerian Grant views himself as a Gilbert Arenas, scoring point guard. Harrison twins are annoying. Trey Lyles admitted he has an eating problem. Makes sense as he is really soft around the edges.

And Johnson claims he's the "best" player in the draft lol. Of course every guy feels that way, but you ain't gotta announce it.

That guy is so full of himself. I'm telling you, I don't trust these Mater Dei cats. They're primadonnas who can't handle adversity.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#1196 » by crazyeights » Fri May 15, 2015 8:34 pm

ALL HAIL wrote:In spite of his low pre-draft ranking, look for Myles Turner to markedly improve his stock, moving up into top six.

I was impressed by this interview: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Myles-Turner-Workout-Video-4962
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#1197 » by crazyeights » Fri May 15, 2015 8:35 pm

Here's a question for your guys...if last year's draft were held again, knowing what we know now, where do you think Jordan Clarkson would be picked?
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#1198 » by miggs » Fri May 15, 2015 11:49 pm

ALL HAIL wrote:In spite of his low pre-draft ranking, look for Myles Turner to markedly improve his stock, moving up into top six.

I've had Turner on my radar for a good minute after reading that he was being under utizlied at Texas, didn't know if that was true or not but since i've kept my eye on him. I wonder who we have in mind, I prefer a big and while I don't see us in the top 3, I'm also not too keen on Cauley-Stein, so I'm torn between Turner and Kaminsky, just more intrigued by Turner's size and wingspan, plus he seems like a kid who'd put in the time to reach his potential.

I'd love to find a way to get a second lottery pick or at least a teens pick :nonono:
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#1199 » by miggs » Fri May 15, 2015 11:53 pm

crazyeights wrote:Here's a question for your guys...if last year's draft were held again, knowing what we know now, where do you think Jordan Clarkson would be picked?

Definitely a lottery pick, likely above Marcus Smart and Elfrid Payton, considering they're solid too
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
Trips71
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#1200 » by Trips71 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:37 am

.[/quote]

I'd love to find a way to get a second lottery pick or at least a teens pick :nonono:[/quote]

I have seen rumors that CHA would potentially be willing to give their pick, #10, to help move Stephenson. Jordan Hill and the HOU pick for Stephenson and #10 might work.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers