Total votes: 24

crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Re: Official 14-15 NCAA/Draft Discussion Thread [ft. TyCobb] 

Post#901 » by crazyeights » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:51 pm

LApwnd wrote:
crazyeights wrote:I like the idea that we take some homerun cuts in the 2nd. Speaking of which, we might have to root for LAL to beat the Clippers in those two remaining games if we want to secure that 55th pick. Right now we're going to lose it.

rather secure a 1st then lose on a late 2nd....Clipps wont lose em anyways, they're only 1-2games apart for top 4-5 spots.

After tonight's win, really don't see us overtaking either Philly or Minny.

I'm more concerned about Orlando, tbh.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#902 » by LApwnd » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:05 am

crazyeights wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
crazyeights wrote:I like the idea that we take some homerun cuts in the 2nd. Speaking of which, we might have to root for LAL to beat the Clippers in those two remaining games if we want to secure that 55th pick. Right now we're going to lose it.

rather secure a 1st then lose on a late 2nd....Clipps wont lose em anyways, they're only 1-2games apart for top 4-5 spots.

After tonight's win, really don't see us overtaking either Philly or Minny.

I'm more concerned about Orlando, tbh.

awww you just had to call it :lol: :banghead: :noway:
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#903 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:57 am

Our April schedule is brutal, I only see one maybe two wins if that. Orlando closes April with Spurs,@T-Wolves, @Bucks,Bulls, Raptors, Knicks,@ Heat ,@ Nets. They should beat the Knicks and T-Wolves.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
NBA Moses
Pro Prospect
And1: 373

Re: NCAA Prospects 

Post#904 » by NBA Moses » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:00 am

LApwnd wrote:
NBAWestFan wrote:Have watch Kentucky or Duke much but know they have mostly 1 year players.

Watched Wisconsin

Guys you should watch are Kaminsky and Especially Decker.

Decker is Reggie Millers favorite player in the tourney.

He is a "Gamer" Watch these two if they come up big against Kentucky rather
they win or not I would consider Decker moving on up.

Excelllent Mechanics and dead on 3 for 6-9 and can get to the hoop like Ginobli

I guess i'm somewhat of a hater but I am skeptical of Kaminsky being elite in the pros...hard to ignore his stats though but we haven't seen a top 10 C/PF that's "white" that actually turned out very good in the last several years.

You will get a good idea what Kaminsky can or can't do in the nba when he has to go up against those treees of Kentucky(this saturday).Don't think it will be pretty for for Frank the Tank saturday. IF Wisconsin wins this game Kaminski has to show up bigtime and I just dont see that happening

He looked a little soft and alotta slow this past weekend.

Dekker? Meh looks like an overseas player to me. Great tournament so far but I'm not buying his act in the nba.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Re: NCAA Prospects 

Post#905 » by DEEP3CL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:07 am

NBA Moses wrote:
LApwnd wrote:
NBAWestFan wrote:Have watch Kentucky or Duke much but know they have mostly 1 year players.

Watched Wisconsin

Guys you should watch are Kaminsky and Especially Decker.

Decker is Reggie Millers favorite player in the tourney.

He is a "Gamer" Watch these two if they come up big against Kentucky rather
they win or not I would consider Decker moving on up.

Excelllent Mechanics and dead on 3 for 6-9 and can get to the hoop like Ginobli

I guess i'm somewhat of a hater but I am skeptical of Kaminsky being elite in the pros...hard to ignore his stats though but we haven't seen a top 10 C/PF that's "white" that actually turned out very good in the last several years.

You will get a good idea what Kaminsky can or can't do in the nba when he has to go up against those treees of Kentucky(this saturday).Don't think it will be pretty for for Frank the Tank saturday. IF Wisconsin wins this game Kaminski has to show up bigtime and I just dont see that happening

He looked a little soft and alotta slow this past weekend.

Dekker? Meh looks like an overseas player to me. Great tournament so far but I'm not buying his act in the nba.
Agree, Kaminski will be out muscled at the next level when defending 4's and too slow when switched on 3's. Dekker will be a bench player if he hangs on, his defense at the next level will be putrid.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
NBA Moses
Pro Prospect
And1: 373

Post#906 » by NBA Moses » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:26 am

DEEP3CL wrote:Our April schedule is brutal, I only see one maybe two wins if that. Orlando closes April with Spurs,@T-Wolves, @Bucks,Bulls, Raptors, Knicks,@ Heat ,@ Nets. They should beat the Knicks and T-Wolves.

the current lottery system started back in 1990.(25 years)

Since then the #4 slot as finished post lottery 6th or 7th 4 times(16.667%)

The #4 slot has finished #1 overall 2 times

The #5 slot has finished 6 or 7 11 times(44%)

Surprisingly the #5 slot has actually finished #1 5 times(20.8%) well above statistical avg. (8.8 %)
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#907 » by LApwnd » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:59 am

NBA Moses wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:Our April schedule is brutal, I only see one maybe two wins if that. Orlando closes April with Spurs,@T-Wolves, @Bucks,Bulls, Raptors, Knicks,@ Heat ,@ Nets. They should beat the Knicks and T-Wolves.

the current lottery system started back in 1990.(25 years)

Since then the #4 slot as finished post lottery 6th or 7th 4 times(16.667%)

The #4 slot has finished #1 overall 2 times

The #5 slot has finished 6 or 7 11 times(44%)

Surprisingly the #5 slot has actually finished #1 5 times(20.8%) well above statistical avg. (8.8 %)

maybe Silver will do us a solid for the d#$#ck slap Stern gave us a fews ago :lol:
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#908 » by ALL HAIL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:10 pm

I, like mostly all of you on this board, know absolutely nothing about Mario, Mudiay, or Porzingis (other than hearsay), so, unless I start watching FULL GAMES, I have no comment on them.

If the Lakers stayed at four or five, I'd still take Myles Turner (over Winslow/Johnson, over WCS, and over Kaminsky).

It's still Towns or Turner for me with the high pick and a Clarkson upgrade at PG with the low pick (I still think a team like Milwaukee might be interested in Clarkson for their first rounder if Lakers took OJ Mayo's contract off their books).

I draft for need, but if I was staring at a PG that I thought to be better than Clarkson and there was a great possibility to sell high on Clarkson (Milwaukee first rounder + Mayo), I'd do it.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#909 » by LApwnd » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:35 pm

ALL HAIL wrote:I, like mostly all of you on this board, know absolutely nothing about Mario, Mudiay, or Porzingis (other than hearsay), so, unless I start watching FULL GAMES, I have no comment on them.

If the Lakers stayed at four or five, I'd still take Myles Turner (over Winslow/Johnson, over WCS, and over Kaminsky).

It's still Towns or Turner for me with the high pick and a Clarkson upgrade at PG with the low pick (I still think a team like Milwaukee might be interested in Clarkson for their first rounder if Lakers took OJ Mayo's contract off their books).

I draft for need, but if I was staring at a PG that I thought to better than Clarkson and there was a great possibility to sell high on Clarkson (Milwaukee first rounder + Mayo), I'd do it.

isn't Turner another tweener that will be forced to play PF as well? would stunt one of their growth if both Turner/Randle are trying to solidify the 4 spot.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#910 » by ALL HAIL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:10 pm

LApwnd wrote:
ALL HAIL wrote:I, like mostly all of you on this board, know absolutely nothing about Mario, Mudiay, or Porzingis (other than hearsay), so, unless I start watching FULL GAMES, I have no comment on them.

I draft for need, but if I was staring at a PG that I thought to better than Clarkson and there was a great possibility to sell high on Clarkson (Milwaukee first rounder + Mayo), I'd do it.

isn't Turner another tweener that will be forced to play PF as well? would stunt one of their growth if both Turner/Randle are trying to solidify the 4 spot.

No, Turner's a center--gets rebounds, blocked shots (3rd highest rate in NCAA), and shoots. His stock is down because he runs like Kendrick Perkins, is weak as hell right now, and is very slow footed and unathletic.

I've never seen his mix of rebounding, shot blocking, and shooting before though, think of a less athletic Raef LaFrentz with much more dynamic rim protection and rebounding.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,455

Post#911 » by Slava » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:15 pm

One thing I don't like about Turner right off the bat besides his awkward physical stature is his greediness. Its hard to look past that.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#912 » by TyCobb » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:37 pm

The Noah Vonleh of this year's draft.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#913 » by ROballer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:52 pm

Looks like we have to settle for the 4th pick in the real world .....give me Hezonja right now,get a big with the cap space
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#914 » by moonpie » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:01 pm

Surprised Turner declared, he's probably 10-12ish on my board now
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#915 » by TyCobb » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:04 pm

Jordan Mickey has declared for the draft. He'll get drafted by the 76ers in the 2nd round, become a D-League All-star, and get called up when they try to get a Top 5 pick next season. Huge length, terrible offensively.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
thegamefritz
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#916 » by thegamefritz » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:07 pm

IF we Pick #1 or #2 no question about that, it would be either Karl Towns Or Jahlil Okafor. If we pick @ #3 to #5 I'd still prefer a bigman and It'll be Willie Cauley-Stein. We stay away from Russell and Mudiay as it will hinder the development of Clarkson, while Clarkson will never be an elite PG or elite player, he can be a George Hill type PG. and PG is the most abundant most replaceable position now.

our 2nd 1st rd should be a PG. Tyus jones or Donnel Wright

our 2nd rd pick should still be a bigman like Dakari Johnson
thegamefritz
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#917 » by thegamefritz » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:09 pm

I mean Delon Wright
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#918 » by LApwnd » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:19 pm

ALL HAIL wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

No, Turner's a center--gets rebounds, blocked shots (3rd highest rate in NCAA), and shoots. His stock is down because he runs like Kendrick Perkins, is weak as hell right now, and is very slow footed and unathletic.

I've never seen his mix of rebounding, shot blocking, and shooting before though, think of a less athletic Raef LaFrentz with much more dynamic rim protection and rebounding.

hard to imagine someone even less athletic than Raef but a rim protector lol....all the description you're giving here doesn't sound like a good defender hahaha
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#919 » by ALL HAIL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:00 pm

Slava wrote:One thing I don't like about Turner right off the bat besides his awkward physical stature is his greediness. Its hard to look past that.

No comprende.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,681

Post#920 » by dockingsched » Wed Apr 1, 2015 1:52 am

Draft express posted their scouting vid on Looney today, they make him look like a scrub.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ8xedhpSDA
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore

Return to Los Angeles Lakers