Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Re: Official Lottery Talk - Tank Complete...And Now We Wait 

Post#701 » by snoopdogg88 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:55 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
snoopdogg88 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Embiid doesn't want to be there... He REALLY won't want to be there if they draft Towns or Okafor. IMO he's the odd-man out... Not because of on the court fit, but because of ego/attitude... He'll play in the summer league, put health fears to rest, and be traded. If he isn't gone already at the draft.
I think it's a matter of time before that relationship ends... The longer it takes, the uglier it'll get. I think the Philly FO knows that.

What are you talking about? Embiid has said he loves the organization and wants to be here.

Who doesn't want to be in an organization who sells actual players for hope and potential, who hasn't won in a decade, and has 3 players at your position?

yikes, this is the kind of hot takes you get from a mod on this board?

if you guys want to live in your magical world where you've convinced yourself on absolutely nothing concrete that Joel Embiid wants out, go right ahead. I'm fighting a pointless battle here
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#702 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:04 pm

If the sixers draft Towns or Okafor, they'll likely end up trading Noel before they consider moving Embiid. Either way in order to draft one of those two guys they need to move in the top 2 which while they have a good chance at doing so it's more likely they end up drafting a little lower than that. Even if they did move in the top two i wouldn't be surprised if they picked one of the two PGs anyways. I don't think there's a huge gap between any of the big 4.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,405

Post#703 » by Danny Darko » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:10 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
snoopdogg88 wrote:
What are you talking about? Embiid has said he loves the organization and wants to be here.

Who doesn't want to be in an organization who sells actual players for hope and potential, who hasn't won in a decade, and has 3 players at your position?

if you guys want to live in your magical world where you've convinced yourself on absolutely nothing concrete that Joel Embiid wants out, go right ahead. I'm fighting a pointless battle here

This reads as "i'm a weak troll", to which, I fully agree.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#704 » by crazyeights » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:11 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
crazyeights wrote:According to the WT, Chad Ford says the Laker's board looks like:

1. Towns
2. Mudiay
3. Okafor

Then sounds like Russell and Winslow. He cited overlap between Okafor and Randle.

It's Chad Ford. He probably just looked a old articles on the subject and made his list.

Judging by how little most have seen of Mudiay/how awkward of a fit Okafor could potentially be next to Randle, I see it making sense if their scouts have seen him in person.

That said, I'd be surprised if the Lakers even have a board this early in the draft process, and I'd be surprised if Chad Ford's the guy who'd know it.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,845

Post#705 » by Mik317 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:11 pm

If Embiid truly wanted out, it would be all over because that would be the big indictment of Hinkie's "plan". No one involved has said anything bad about the franchise/FO...even dudes who left (IIRC) or got traded. The only potential malcontent was KJ and that was moreso his mom than anything.

Trust me, if Embiid hated it here and all that jazz, the whole world would know..if only to knock Hinkie down a few pegs.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant

Post#706 » by snoopdogg88 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
snoopdogg88 wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:

Someone on your board randomly posts that Joel Embiid wants out of Philadelphia, As a Sixers fan I say "huh?" and that makes me a troll?
Seriously are you in 4th grade? I'm genuinely stunned right now at your stupidity.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#707 » by Danny Darko » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:53 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
snoopdogg88 wrote:

Someone on your board randomly posts that Joel Embiid wants out of Philadelphia, As a Sixers fan I say "huh?" and that makes me a troll?
Seriously are you in 4th grade? I'm genuinely stunned right now at your stupidity.

Warned for personal attacks and trolling
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#708 » by LApwnd » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:55 pm

Mik317 wrote:If Embiid truly wanted out, it would be all over because that would be the big indictment of Hinkie's "plan". No one involved has said anything bad about the franchise/FO...even dudes who left (IIRC) or got traded. The only potential malcontent was KJ and that was moreso his mom than anything.

Trust me, if Embiid hated it here and all that jazz, the whole world would know..if only to knock Hinkie down a few pegs.

I don't believe Embiid would voice his displeasure to the public at all nor do I think he has any authority to dictate where he goes either but you can't honestly say your players are "happy" with the current environment. I mean who wants to play for team that is purposely trying to lose even before the season starts and all indication points to next season being more of the same. If anything KJ/MCW are pretty good indication of how a player would perceive your org. Play hard, do well but still get shipped off in hopes of something better.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant

Post#709 » by snoopdogg88 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:58 pm

you guys do understand MCW kinda sucks right?

he's not a very efficient basketball player. i have nothing against him personally but he's a bottom tier PG in the NBA
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#710 » by LApwnd » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:04 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:you guys do understand MCW kinda sucks right?

he's not a very efficient basketball player. i have nothing against him personally but he's a bottom tier PG in the NBA

he's inefficient maybe but you cant suck and post 22/9/8 in a playoff game against a top tier D like Chi...come on bro and he certaintly could get better than where he's currently at, his weakness is shooting which is far the one thing that most players can fix with a solid summer.
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#711 » by Michael Lucky » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:11 pm

LApwnd wrote:
Mik317 wrote:If Embiid truly wanted out, it would be all over because that would be the big indictment of Hinkie's "plan". No one involved has said anything bad about the franchise/FO...even dudes who left (IIRC) or got traded. The only potential malcontent was KJ and that was moreso his mom than anything.

I don't believe Embiid would voice his displeasure to the public at all nor do I think he has any authority to dictate where he goes either but you can't honestly say your players are "happy" with the current environment. I mean who wants to play for team that is purposely trying to lose even before the season starts and all indication points to next season being more of the same. If anything KJ/MCW are pretty good indication of how a player would perceive your org. Play hard, do well but still get shipped off in hopes of something better.

It's really a moot point since Embiid has no ground to stand on in order to complain considering he hasn't even played yet. A player that would admit displeasure or ask for a trade without even having played a single competitive game would be a serious red flag and not someone i'd be in a position to try and acquire without serious reservations.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#712 » by LApwnd » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:13 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

It's really a moot point since Embiid has no ground to stand on in order to complain considering he hasn't even played yet. A player that would admit displeasure or ask for a trade without even having played a single competitive game would be a serious red flag and not someone i'd be in a position to try and acquire without serious reservations.

Mike Bibby did that when he got drafted I think and forced a trade after he got picked :lol: I forgot the details, he turned out ok.
Mik317
RealGM

Post#713 » by Mik317 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:19 pm

LApwnd wrote:

You don't think there'd be more stink about things from current and former players if there truly was an issue? I mean small **** like Embiid being fat and **** leaked out...you don't think bad blood wouldn't have been a story? The Local Media would **** kill to get that story and yet....

KJ's Mom aside (and she is a crazy person so really who cares) no one said a bad word about anything going on here. ..MCW included (also making any knee jerk reactions to one good game after like 4 awful ones is silly...MCW has talent for sure but lets cool our breaks here a bit, ok? The Bulls Defense also hasn't been super great as of late, Rose especially). So until there are stories of people hating it here...yeah I can say with the uptmost confidence that the players are pretty happy here. Why? For one, while Hinkie is all about dem picks, Brett Brown, the guy they will work with most of the time, is about teaching and at least trying to win...sans the Laker and Heat games down the stretch (hours of my life..I will never get back) the majority of our losses were on a lack of talent..not a lack of effort or FO mandates...the players seem to enjoy playing for him (Old Dudes like JRich even praised the enviroment, Luc as well). And secondly, most of the guys here are just happy to be here ...that includes rookies. A losing enviroment IMO comes from dudes who know they can and will get another shot and thus do not have to work their asses off in **** situations (which I will give you...ours is). Jakaar Sampson is playing in China if he isn't playing for us...so he's going to bust his ass and probably doesn't care about any "losing culture". The team never tuned the coach out. They generally played hard as **** (down the stretch less so as I think the reality began to set in). And again...no bad words towards the franchise. It is probably why we haven't brought anybody of value in yet because those dudes wouldn't stand for it because they could go to much better situations.

so the whole Embiid wants out narrative is based off of looking from the outside in and a lot of wishful thinking really....again if there was a problem you can bet your bottom dollar, it would be all over the place. A lot of people want us to fail..what better way to help that narrative along but by having the centerpiece hate us? Embiid probably won't be too hyped if we are still getting bodied haaaaard next year but as of right now? I doubt it.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#714 » by Danny Darko » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:53 pm

^that's as good a reasoning as anything I've heard. Anyone who is speculating that Embiid wants out is definitely dreaming of getting him, looking at the wiretaps, and also wondering what happens in a scenario where Embiid, Towns/Okafor, and Noel are all crowding a front court rotation.

Seems like Hinkie is searching for a total homerun, so who is the odd man out? I think it's probably natural to think Embiid is the gamble there due to injury history, but idk. I am just surprised to hear Philly fans continually say that trio works together and wouldn't be better for trading one for a more complimentary position.
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#715 » by LApwnd » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:39 am

:oops:
Mik317 wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

You don't think there'd be more stink about things from current and former players if there truly was an issue? I mean small **** like Embiid being fat and **** leaked out...you don't think bad blood wouldn't have been a story? The Local Media would **** kill to get that story and yet....

KJ's Mom aside (and she is a crazy person so really who cares) no one said a bad word about anything going on here. ..MCW included (also making any knee jerk reactions to one good game after like 4 awful ones is silly...MCW has talent for sure but lets cool our breaks here a bit, ok? The Bulls Defense also hasn't been super great as of late, Rose especially). So until there are stories of people hating it here...yeah I can say with the uptmost confidence that the players are pretty happy here. Why? For one, while Hinkie is all about dem picks, Brett Brown, the guy they will work with most of the time, is about teaching and at least trying to win...sans the Laker and Heat games down the stretch (hours of my life..I will never get back) the majority of our losses were on a lack of talent..not a lack of effort or FO mandates...the players seem to enjoy playing for him (Old Dudes like JRich even praised the enviroment, Luc as well). And secondly, most of the guys here are just happy to be here ...that includes rookies. A losing enviroment IMO comes from dudes who know they can and will get another shot and thus do not have to work their asses off in **** situations (which I will give you...ours is). Jakaar Sampson is playing in China if he isn't playing for us...so he's going to bust his ass and probably doesn't care about any "losing culture". The team never tuned the coach out. They generally played hard as **** (down the stretch less so as I think the reality began to set in). And again...no bad words towards the franchise. It is probably why we haven't brought anybody of value in yet because those dudes wouldn't stand for it because they could go to much better situations.

so the whole Embiid wants out narrative is based off of looking from the outside in and a lot of wishful thinking really....again if there was a problem you can bet your bottom dollar, it would be all over the place. A lot of people want us to fail..what better way to help that narrative along but by having the centerpiece hate us? Embiid probably won't be too hyped if we are still getting bodied haaaaard next year but as of right now? I doubt it.

Nobody would out right come out and say they hate the team they use to play for and nobody playing on a team would openly say he hates playing for said team come on now especially the kind of players phi had. Most wouldnt even be on any other nba squad so of course they're happy to collect a check and not to be in the dleague. Im just saying if youre a legit talent and mgmt puts your team in a place were its difficult to succeed from the get go why would you be happy bout that? Nobody likes losing and long stretches of it as well
Mik317
RealGM

Post#716 » by Mik317 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:26 am

No one has been here long enough for the losing to wear on them lol...I guess that is the benefit of insane roster turnover. Like I said, if Hinkie is unable to build a team and Embiid is legit...I am sure he will be looking for the first bus out. I just don't think it is a problem at this moment.

Danny Darko wrote:^that's as good a reasoning as anything I've heard. Anyone who is speculating that Embiid wants out is definitely dreaming of getting him, looking at the wiretaps, and also wondering what happens in a scenario where Embiid, Towns/Okafor, and Noel are all crowding a front court rotation.

Seems like Hinkie is searching for a total homerun, so who is the odd man out? I think it's probably natural to think Embiid is the gamble there due to injury history, but idk. I am just surprised to hear Philly fans continually say that trio works together and wouldn't be better for trading one for a more complimentary position.

That being said, if we win the Lottery of Noel or Embiid, PERSONALLY, I'd rather move Embiid than Noel...if only because I have seen Noel on the court and I question the longterm fit of Towns and Embiid (who guards PFs?) whereas Towns and Noel is a damn perfect fit. And I agree that if we do end up taking Towns (Okafor too...but he is the worst fit with either guy), then one guy should be moved. The whole 96 minutes to play bigs thing is wishful thinking....no young prospect is going to be cool with that and even if all 3 were great...one if not two would look to be the man on another team before long.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

lakers eyeing towns or mudiay 

Post#717 » by PKABOOICU » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:02 am

as per lakersnation.com
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumo ... 015/04/29/

their top choices are-

1.towns
2.mudiay
3.okafor
4.russell
5.winslow

way different than mine lol-

1.russell
2.okafor
3.towns
4.mudiay
5.winslow
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Re: lakers eyeing towns or mudiay 

Post#718 » by Michael Lucky » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:08 am

Towns being number 1 with Randle as our PF moving forward makes a ton of sense. I'm not so sure about Mudiay being second though. I'd really like to know where that idea or thought comes from. Russell seems like a better fit with Clarkson.
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#719 » by Michael Lucky » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:12 am

It might seem like a perfect fit but you would still like them to play the same position on both sides of the court, but yeah defensively you'd be set.
draw12
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#720 » by draw12 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:35 am

Why is everyone down on mudiay? I know nobody knows a ton about him but he dominated all the talent of his class in AAU, hoop summit, and I know it doesn't mean a ton but the McDonald's. Plus he did well when not injured against pros in China. Lakers haven't had a pg who could play d since the 80's! Payton doesn't count he was done.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers