ImageImageImageImageImage

The "Resting" of Kobe Bryant

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#41 » by The Skyhook » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:25 pm

I'm really surprised by how open he is about the pain he's in. Normally Kobe would brush it off and say he's going to fight through it. At this point it seems like he has finally come to terms with his body breaking down. Never thought I'd see the day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#42 » by Marionettetc » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:17 pm

After reading this thread a few times and taking in all the opinions, I've come to this conclusion.

Kobe went into the season trying to play like he has before the injuries without missing a beat, and had the backing of management to play through the inefficiencies - with it being tolerated under the belief that he would shoot out of it and work through his physical limitations.

His conditioning catches up with him, he takes blows to his ego until finally he agrees with management that he simply cannot play 40 minutes a night.

The time off issued by Scott, someone he trusts was on the surface under the guise of rest, but also served to give him time to reflect and come to terms with his weaknesses fully.

Sound about right?
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: The "Resting" of Kobe Bryant 

Post#43 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:42 pm

Three options:

1. Retirement
2. On and off, shut it down
3. Off the bench

His choice.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#44 » by Sofa King » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:29 pm

Im calling this now. Check back this post in 3.5 years from now. Kobe will end his contract and retire. After half a season or more, he will return to the Lakers for another run. Kobe is old but still has more playing time left until he is 39 years old. He will want to play again after tasting retirement. They all do.
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#45 » by laduane1 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:08 am

Kobe now has 10 months to rest and get his body back. But he had months off before this season. He will be another year older. Will next year be the same. Playing 30-40 games and making 25 million. Maybe he should call it a career and walk away. He walks away and the 25 million does not count vs the cap.

Lakers need to be in full rebuild mode. Trade Hill for another #1 pick. Lin needs to go. Try to find other assets to get and hope for a better year next year. All starts with Kobe calling it.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,819

Post#46 » by TyCobb » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:13 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:Three options:

1. Retirement
2. On and off, shut it down
3. Off the bench

His choice.

Cool, I'll let him know.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#47 » by crazyeights » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Sofa King wrote:Im calling this now. Check back this post in 3.5 years from now. Kobe will end his contract and retire. After half a season or more, he will return to the Lakers for another run. Kobe is old but still has more playing time left until he is 39 years old. He will want to play again after tasting retirement. They all do.

Man, I hope not. Kobe's gonna get so fat so fast :laugh:
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#48 » by Mamba Venom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:08 pm

Sofa King wrote:Im calling this now. Check back this post in 3.5 years from now. Kobe will end his contract and retire. After half a season or more, he will return to the Lakers for another run. Kobe is old but still has more playing time left until he is 39 years old. He will want to play again after tasting retirement. They all do.

I'm calling it. Kobe mentors top 5 and Randle. Later when Lakers win a ship Randle and top 5 say that they learned how to be elite from Kobe. Kobe was their muse.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers