ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Lakers @ New Orleans Pelicans, 1/21/2015 5:00pm PT

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: GT: Lakers @ New Orleans Pelicans, 1/21/2015 5:00pm PT 

Post#61 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:16 am

I'm glad Gordon is playing OK, it'd be too bad if his career ends like this.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,399

Post#62 » by Danny Darko » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:18 am

kblo247 wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
victorhe wrote:Anthony Davis is dominating again? Time to put Ed Davis in to at least try to stop him.

Because you hate okafor mudiaye and towns?

Or he likes more capspace without that pick

ok if you think that cap space is a problem, you are crazy. Rookie contracts compared to FA's? Man we got room for both and not to mention what trading that guy could get us... talk about shooting yourself in the foot. cap space? you were kidding right?
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#63 » by kblo247 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:41 am

Look I want the pick if its 1-3 ... But if its 4-5 **** it, I rather we had just drawn 6 and not have the cap hold.

The cap hold is the difference between getting 2 of Dragic and Monroe tier guys and being able to afford one Aldridge/Marc/Rondo and a B guy. If it's not a top 3 pick, give me the cap space which means 3 extra mil to haggle with at 29mil as opposed to 26. That 3 mil is the difference between asking a top tier free agent to take a cut or being able to offer Marc 18mil and Dragic 11mil. Hell even if Marc turns you down, with 29mil as opposed to 25-26 you can split the pie between a starting pg in Dragic and a starting C in Mornoe, and offer a wing like Deng a 3 year security deal to make a complete team while keeping the mini mle open to boost the bench.

No rookie 4-60,especially not in this garbage class which is 3 deep is worth that caphold
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#64 » by TyCobb » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:46 am

Jahlil Okafor, Karl Towns, Stanley Johnson, Kevon Looney, Emmanuel Mudiay, D'Angelo Russell, Martin Hezonja, Willie-Cauley Stein, and Kristaps Porzingis.

This class is legitimately 9-10 deep with key building blocks for the future.

You're wrong on this one, kblo.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#65 » by kblo247 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:51 am

TyCobb wrote:Jahlil Okafor, Karl Towns, Stanley Johnson, Kevon Looney, Emmanuel Mudiay, D'Angelo Russell, Martin Hezonja, Willie-Cauley Stein, and Kristaps Porzingis.

Did you call the last draft deep? You know Embid, Parker, Wiggins, Exum, Randle, smart, Payton, Gordon, Vonleh, Staukas, McDermott, Lavine ... How's that working out? Bunch of non contributors whose bodies weren't ready at all for the nba level and broke down early.

Its a 3 car race with Okafor, Towns, and Mudiay ... I stick by keep 1-3, 4-5 ain't worth it

If I can get Marc Gasol and the difference is literally 3 mil, I get Marc and say screw it. You don't ask Marc to take a paycut for a rookie, Aldridge or Rondo for that matter either. I'm saying I'm down with the plan if we get one of those 3 in the first 3 picks but after that screw it. I rather offer Marc or Aldridge a pay increase to 18 or 19 mil and offer Dragic a deal right then and there to accompany them which is doable without the caphold.

At best without a pick and 29mil we can pay Marc and Dragic both to joint Kobe, Randle, Nick, Kelly, Clarkson, Black, and a mini mle talent. That's a much better team in terms of talent and reality. At worse we strike out on those two and can split the money up between guys like Rondo, Monroe/Al, and a true starting SF like Deng who will seek years while also keeping our mini mle. We can even go balls deep and crazy and throw out high ass contracts at both Butler and Tobias who are both in their 20s before their primes and can be mentored by one of the greatest wings ever who will make plays for them as Orlando and Chicago may not math at 16 for Jimmy and 13 for Tobias.

I just don't see any talent or depth in this draft that it's agreed upon is weaker than this past draft who have proven nothing in this league in year one as a whole.

Give me towns, Give me Okafor, give me Mudiay and I'll happily say figure out how to fit the other two starters in ... But none of the rest are worth losing out on a chance at playing bigger in free agency; they don't have high enough ceilings.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#66 » by TyCobb » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:03 am

kblo247 wrote:
TyCobb wrote:Jahlil Okafor, Karl Towns, Stanley Johnson, Kevon Looney, Emmanuel Mudiay, D'Angelo Russell, Martin Hezonja, Willie-Cauley Stein, and Kristaps Porzingis.

Did you call the last draft deep? You know Embid, Parker, Wiggins, Exum, Randle, smart, Payton, Gordon, Vonleh, Staukas, McDermott, Lavine ... How's that working out?

I was high on Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, Gordon, and Exum. Injuries are part of the game, ask Blake Griffin.

The fact is that a Top 5 pick (rookie contract/high impact) will help the Lakers be able to field a competitive and deep team.

We aint winning **** till Kobe's current contract is off the books. When it does come off, we'll have another max slot open.

I'm okay with one max guy this offseason and multiple great role players with the rest of the capspace.

You dont have to go for the grandslam in one offseason. Stars arent going to just team like Wade, Bosh, and Bron did.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#67 » by BEazy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:06 am

I'd be happy with Stanley Johnson with the 4th pick.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
gotokyo
Rookie
And1: 283

Post#68 » by gotokyo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:21 am

I get it. Kblo is preemptively hating on that draft pick in fear that it will go to the Suns. I see what you did there...

Yeah, this draft class sux Pheonix. We don't even want that pick....

amiright?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers