EdXDavis21
Banned User
And1: 138

John Ireland: Jordan Hill a prime candidate to be traded 

Post#1 » by EdXDavis21 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:58 am

Via LG.net LINK

@11:00 minute mark.

Quote:
"The Lakers are going young. This is exactly what you (a member of team tank) would want. Just looking at the starting line-up, doesn't this give you the best chance of the team not winning? Clarkson and Ellington in the back court, Sacre at center, Kelly at the three, and Jordan Hill at the four... and Jordan Hill you would think is the prime candidate to be traded. The reason they are playing him is to showcase him. He has a very friendly contract with a team option at the end. So any contenders that trade for him gets a favorable deal this year, and if you want to bring him back, $9 million in the NBA is not the end of the world."

LINK

Ireland might be a knucklehead but he's probably pretty connected within LA sources... this isn't really big news as Hill probably won't get much in return besides maybe a low 1st round pick.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,819

Re: John Ireland: Jordan Hill a prime candidate to be traded 

Post#2 » by TyCobb » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:01 am

What up Raptors. Time to get something done.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#3 » by Kilroy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:03 am

Little known fact... "Ireland" means "Captian Obvious" in Gaelic.
Just thought I'd share.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#4 » by kblo247 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:24 am

Little known fact, the kblo thread had this news first

But yeah I'm thinking OKC, raptors, or maybe if we were lucky and they really wanted to move Al or Brook bad, the bobcats or nets near deadline
EdXDavis21
Banned User

Post#5 » by EdXDavis21 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:28 am

I dont think ireland is the type to throw baseless dirt.. if that was the case he would be making up rumors every week like ric bucher did in the past or most of the internet junk that sport fans see every day. In a good world.. a true fantasy trade is trading hill to okc for perkins expiring and there portected 1st round pickl
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,819

Post#6 » by TyCobb » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:30 am

I'll take Terrence Ross, Landry Fields, and the rights to DeAndre Daniels for Jordan Hill and Wayne Ellington.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
EdXDavis21
Banned User

Post#7 » by EdXDavis21 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:38 am

I think raptors can get more for there best young player on the roster... i wish your scenario plays out though... i would even force them to take young.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#8 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:41 am

Why are we quoting Ireland? The guy has zero insight on management thinking. He's just doing guesswork like the rest of us, and has come to the same conclusion that many fans who follow the team would.
dipstick
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#9 » by dipstick » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:25 am

If we traded Jordan Hill, I'd want something of value and a late first rounder may not be enough value. Jordan is a good player. We will probably get more value from him if he shows the same numbers on a better team. If the offers arent good enough, better to wait til next year's trade deadline.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#10 » by Mirjalovic » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:11 pm

TyCobb wrote:I'll take Terrence Ross, Landry Fields, and the rights to DeAndre Daniels for Jordan Hill and Wayne Ellington.

me too

Terrence Ross could be our next 3 and D SG
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#11 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:36 pm

Raptors aren't trading us Ross for Hill.

I'll take Fields and Hansbrough (both expiring) and their late 1st rounder for Hill.

It's a win-win for both squads. We get a better chance to tank and acquire another pick, while TOR gets a solid backup big in the playoffs.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#12 » by LApwnd » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Hill would be the obvious choice, short contract, productive. But I still bet Mitch/Co. just sit on their butt do nothing. Hope they prove me wrong.
Hector_Reyes_8
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,331

Post#13 » by Hector_Reyes_8 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:11 pm

If Hill is moved for some prospect and/or pick, I'll be happy. He's better suited for a good team where his hustle would be warranted.
On Harden being MVP of this season ( I don't even like Harden much)

Kawhi M8 wrote:He will be the biggest joke of an MVP to ever win.
Ever.
Absolute spud of a bloke and **** traits as a player, basically tarnish the MVP forever
EdXDavis21
Banned User

Post#14 » by EdXDavis21 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:26 pm

LApwnd wrote:Hill would be the obvious choice, short contract, productive. But I still bet Mitch/Co. just sit on their butt do nothing. Hope they prove me wrong.

With Ramona's new article about the Lakers pretending to be something there not.... I think there is a good chance most of the players on the team get traded probably around the AS-break..... the Lakers failed to produce a team that could have given the fans/management something to see... there is no one on this team worth watching this season to develop besides maybe Clarkson... and he looks very raw right now..... if the Lakers fail to get something out of these players who probably will jump-ship in the off-season... then it means the management is to cheap to take on money.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#15 » by Slava » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:32 pm

I don't really think Jordan Hill's value is very high around the league, his defense has been atrocious and he is launching jumpers like no tomorrow. Best we can get is may be a 2nd round pick.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
EdXDavis21
Banned User

Post#16 » by EdXDavis21 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Slava wrote:I don't really think Jordan Hill's value is very high around the league, his defense has been atrocious and he is launching jumpers like no tomorrow. Best we can get is may be a 2nd round pick.

Consider the lack of offense in the starting line-up and overall depth.... there is a reason why Hill has been more aggressive ... he's probably one of the few who can get double-doubles constantly.... if he was traded to a playoff contender with less pressure for him to produce... I'm guessing he would make defense more of a priority ... it's really hard to gauge players on this team... because the Lakers don't have any offensive or defensive identity.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#17 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:21 pm

He's a decent younger player on a decent contract, and one of the more credible starters on the team. I don't think his trade value is very high. The only real reason for trading him is for tanking, I guess that's reason enough.

Remember when Kupchek said the Lakers were too proud and storied a franchise to just salary dump a player (Gasol)? Ah, the memories.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#18 » by Kilroy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Between Hill and Lin, that's almost 20m in expirings. If they can convince Hill to agree of course.

Indipendently, they may not be worth much. But together, they may be fairly attractive.

But to get a high draft pick, we'll likely have to take back some questionable contracts.

It's always a risk. But there might be a deal or two out there.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
laduane1
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#19 » by laduane1 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:27 pm

I would want a pick between 15 and 22 for hill. Got to be something worth coming to LA for lakers to do this. LAkers need extra assets to use in future trades or drafting players.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#20 » by Slava » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:37 pm

Kilroy wrote:Between Hill and Lin, that's almost 20m in expirings. If they can convince Hill to agree of course.

Indipendently, they may not be worth much. But together, they may be fairly attractive.

But to get a high draft pick, we'll likely have to take bad some questionable contracts.

It's always a risk. But there might be a deal or two out there.

I wouldn't mind taking a bad contract for next season if that means we can get a good pick. Those are the kind of deals we should be pitching our expiring contracts for.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers