Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Re: Reggie Jackson A Trade Possibility? 

Post#21 » by Slava » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:12 pm

aaron_gray wrote:
Slava wrote:
Presti seems like the kind of guy that would match anything that's not crazy and then trade him as soon as he becomes eligible for a trade if he doesn't trade him this season.

12-14 mil is pretty crazy for Reggie, and he becomes expendable because they traded for Dion.

Do you want to pay $14 mil for Jackson? $11 mil seems like a fair deal, kind of the Ty Lawson range. Anything over that is a horrible overpay.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Post#22 » by aaron_gray » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:13 pm

Slava wrote:
aaron_gray wrote:
Slava wrote:
Presti seems like the kind of guy that would match anything that's not crazy and then trade him as soon as he becomes eligible for a trade if he doesn't trade him this season.

12-14 mil is pretty crazy for Reggie, and he becomes expendable because they traded for Dion.

Do you want to pay $14 mil for Jackson? $11 mil seems like a fair deal, kind of the Ty Lawson range. Anything over that is a horrible overpay.

4/32 is fair for what he's shown, I want to pay him 4/40, but somebody will probably offer him 4/48. Like others have mentioned, someone will pay him just to make sure he isn't on the Thunder anymore.

Would you trade for him just to get a better look at his real worth before offering him the money?
TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by Slava » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:15 pm

aaron_gray wrote:
Slava wrote:
aaron_gray wrote:

I want to pay him 4/40, but somebody will probably offer him 4/48. Like others have mentioned, someone will pay him just to make sure he isn't on the Thunder anymore.

Would you trade for him just to get a better look at his real worth before offering him the money?

Letting him go at it on a lottery team for half a season would give me plenty to evaluate with. If all it takes is Nash's dead salary or Lin and the Houston pick, I'd certainly do it.
aaron_gray
Analyst

Post#24 » by aaron_gray » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:22 pm

Tbh I think if they want more than Lin, they aren't going to ask for the Houston Pick. Didn't they draft someone who sucks this year just to duck the salary because the dude was willing to play in the D-League?
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#25 » by LApwnd » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:26 pm

aaron_gray wrote:Tbh I think if they want more than Lin, they aren't going to ask for the Houston Pick. Didn't they draft someone who sucks this year just to duck the salary because the dude was willing to play in the D-League?

I think their salary still counts against the cap unless they're over in Europe.
aaron_gray
Analyst

Post#26 » by aaron_gray » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:27 pm

He was playing for minimum wage in the d-league, and he doesn't get the rookie scale until next year. The Thunder did him a favor by drafting him at all.

Edit: They drafted Josh Huestis, who was a 6'7 senior big out of Stanford. Considering James Mac went undrafted, Huestis should probably be playing overseas.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#27 » by TyCobb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:28 pm

aaron_gray wrote:4/32 is fair for what he's shown, I want to pay him 4/40, but somebody will probably offer him 4/48. Like others have mentioned, someone will pay him just to make sure he isn't on the Thunder anymore.

I don't think he gets Kyle Lowry money. 4/40 tops, imo.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#28 » by LApwnd » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:30 pm

aaron_gray wrote:He was playing for minimum wage in the d-league, and he doesn't get the rookie scale until next year. The Thunder did him a favor by drafting him at all.

Edit: They drafted Josh Huestis, who was a 6'7 senior big out of Stanford. Considering James Mac went undrafted, Huestis should probably be playing overseas.

he was a 1st rd pick?
aaron_gray
Analyst

Post#29 » by aaron_gray » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:31 pm

TyCobb wrote:
aaron_gray wrote:4/32 is fair for what he's shown, I want to pay him 4/40, but somebody will probably offer him 4/48. Like others have mentioned, someone will pay him just to make sure he isn't on the Thunder anymore.

You forgot to overreact to the rising cap
aaron_gray
Analyst

Post#30 » by aaron_gray » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:31 pm

LApwnd wrote:
aaron_gray wrote:He was playing for minimum wage in the d-league, and he doesn't get the rookie scale until next year. The Thunder did him a favor by drafting him at all.

he was a 1st rd pick?

he was and he's yet to play in the nba. He gets the rookie scale next year bc he was a first round pick this year. I mean, this is just an extreme version of shedding salary on draft night. Most teams just trade down so they can pay their rookies less. Like, I remember the Thunder had already made headlines before by negotiating that their rookies take less than the maximum amount they can make or something.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#31 » by TyCobb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:33 pm

aaron_gray wrote:
TyCobb wrote:

You forgot to overreact to the rising cap

That was in there. Like you said 4/32, a couple mill more a season, and boom 4/40.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#32 » by ALL HAIL » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:14 am

I'd rather keep the pick.

For all we know we could end up with Mudiay in the draft.

What do we do with Jackson if we end up drafting Mudiay? Let him walk? Resign him for four years at an inflated price just to save face?

Give me the pick.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#33 » by Fresh360Waves » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:14 am

ALL HAIL wrote:I'd rather keep the pick.

What do we do with Jackson if we end up drafting Mudiay? Let him walk? Resign him for four years at an inflated price just to save face?

Give me the pick.

HOU pick not top 5 pick.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Slava » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:21 am

His attitude with the Thunder is a major red flag right now. Dude is not good enough to be such a caustic presence.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#35 » by ALL HAIL » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:05 am

Fresh360Waves wrote:
ALL HAIL wrote:I'd rather keep the pick.

Give me the pick.

HOU pick not top 5 pick.

I know.
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#36 » by ArC_man » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:50 am

Slava wrote:His attitude with the Thunder is a major red flag right now. Dude is not good enough to be such a caustic presence.

Yep, I would definitely be wary giving up too many assets. I don't want to give the Houston pick, give them expiring players that they can use this year and take back Perkins.

Kyle Lowry was known to be a locker room problem before he got to Toronto though, so a change in scenery could be all it takes for someone like Jackson.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#37 » by kblo247 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:12 pm

Slava wrote:His attitude with the Thunder is a major red flag right now. Dude is not good enough to be such a caustic presence.

Lowry got kicked out of Memphis and Houston for his attitude. Sometimes a change of scenery helps.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by Slava » Sun Feb 1, 2015 12:31 am

Lowry's case was a lot different and neither Houston or Memphis were legit title contenders back then. Jackson is being piss poor in a season when the Thunder cannot afford anyone to be piss poor. He just seems like a greedy bastard to me.
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Re: Re: Reggie Jackson A Trade Possibility? 

Post#39 » by TwoStarz » Sun Feb 1, 2015 9:33 am

Slava wrote:Lowry's case was a lot different and neither Houston or Memphis were legit title contenders back then. Jackson is being piss poor in a season when the Thunder cannot afford anyone to be piss poor. He just seems like a greedy bastard to me.
he's a chucker. From the thunder games I've seen this season please stay away from this guy. He is toxic nonetheless imo

Sent from my GT-I9505G using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Los Angeles Lakers