kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

MWP On Russell, Randle, & Clarkson 

Post#1 » by kblo247 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:07 am

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?s=la

MWP hosting with Max Kellerman today!

On Summer League:
"I had some bad games in Summer League. It took me a while to learn and adjust after 2 years (in college). But the (level of competition) is not like the NBA coz the guys in Summer League are not smart; it's dumb basketball. It's a bunch of young guys trying to get notice that don't know how to play in the NBA and they got to gain experience."

On D'Angelo Russell:
"When D'Angelo gets veterans around him he'll be tough. Right now he's playing with guys that aren't mentally on his level. He's too smart. He's a real point guard, he sees the move, he sees the opportunities. Not many guys can see what he sees, like when to read the back cut, when to read your PG, that chemistry between you and your PG, it's hard to see when you're a young player. ... some people were questioning the pick between he and Okafor, but I watch Russell he's going to be a player."

On Julius Randle:
"I worked out with him a lot, like 4xs this summer. He's quick and strong kind of like LeBron. I mean LeBron is also explosive but Randle is quick and strong and big. He's smart, he caught on to a lot of things I was telling him early, he listens, he applies it right away. If he keeps pushing himself to learn, he'll be alright. (I admit) I'm more invested in him (than the other rookies) because he works out with me."

On Jordan Clarkson:
"He's a big guard. He's great combo guard, he can play the point, he's smart and so poised."

Do it Mitch 8-)

Seriously though he would make a good roster replacement for Kelly/Sacre and 10th man in the rotation. He would also make a better assistant coach than anyone we have since he's won, played at a level none of the guys we have on the staff did, and he has an eye for defense
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Re: MWP On Russell, Randle, & Clarkson 

Post#2 » by Slava » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:11 am

He has a bachelors degree in Math, he'd be a pretty good addition to the analytics side. :lol:
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#3 » by kblo247 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:16 am

Slava wrote:He has a bachelors degree in Math, he'd be a pretty good addition to the analytics side. :lol:

See its like hiring 3 people in one. Hell he can announce too :lol:

We used to joke about metta's shooting, but I'm sure he could beat Kelly in a shoot out
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#4 » by Marionettetc » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:17 am

I'm glad MWP didn't use that weird gay/slave stuff they usually do to describe young players like stud, Ox, Bull etc
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#5 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:07 am

Slava wrote:He has a bachelors degree in Math, he'd be a pretty good addition to the analytics side. :lol:

thats like saying having an english degree means you can rap
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#6 » by tugs » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:10 am

Better sponsor these kids shoes.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#7 » by Mirjalovic » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:17 pm

LeRandle !!!!!
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

KobeBryant24
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#8 » by KobeBryant24 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:19 pm

This is the same thing i was thinking about russell , he needs to play with some vets
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#9 » by Slava » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:22 pm

Dr Aki wrote:

thats like saying having an english degree means you can rap

Everyone knows you gotta drop out and sling crack at the corners to get the street cred for rap.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,232

Post#10 » by EArl » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:48 pm

Metta level trolling if he was actually good at analytics.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#11 » by TylersLakers » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:03 pm

I would love to get him involved in the organization in some role. Like a player development coach or something. He'd be a great soundboard for Kobe, could grow into a role as a defensive co-ordinator, and be a guy who could really relate well with young guys. He went through the worst of worst's in this league and prospered and got better on and off the court.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#12 » by TyCobb » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:27 pm

Hire him for Upshaw.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#13 » by Gek » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:57 pm

kblo247 wrote:

See its like hiring 3 people in one. Hell he can announce too :lol:

We used to joke about metta's shooting, but I'm sure he could beat Kelly in a shoot out

"Queensbridge passes the ball up the court to Queensbridge. He throws the ball down low to Queensbridge on the block, he spins, goes up OHHH AND THE REJECTION BY QUEENSBRIDGE SENDING THE BALL THE WHOLE WAY TO QUEENSBRIDGE. Can you believe that Marv? Queensbridge better think twice before trying to take that shot again."
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers

Return to Los Angeles Lakers