ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers sign Marcelinho Huertes

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

FrozenIceCubes
Banned User
And1: 77

Re: Lakers sign Marcelo Huertes 

Post#21 » by FrozenIceCubes » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:08 pm

For a second my mind crossed on the notion that the Lakers are thinking about trading for Pau and signed a country teammate to make the transition easier.
dipstick
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#22 » by dipstick » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:15 pm

FrozenIceCubes wrote:For a second my mind crossed on the notion that the Lakers are thinking about trading for Pau and signed a country teammate to make the transition easier.

You're obviously overthinking things. And he's Brazilian.
sniperelite
Sophomore
And1: 90

Post#23 » by sniperelite » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:46 pm

You guys might think this is crazy, but I think there's an argument for him to start. I was dead set on a starting line up of Russell/Clarkson/Kobe/Randle(or Bass)/Hibbert. But now I'm thinking Huertas should start, and still play his 20 min a game, basically I think he's a better fit playing next to Kobe, and bring Russell off the bench, maybe. Not really sure yet
gutobr
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,222

Post#24 » by gutobr » Tue Sep 1, 2015 2:30 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBouJSKccw4[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmnfasWKhEU[/youtube]

yeah

Marcelinhooo ! yellow like Lakers :lol:
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#25 » by dockingsched » Tue Sep 1, 2015 2:36 am

sniperelite wrote:You guys might think this is crazy, but I think there's an argument for him to start. I was dead set on a starting line up of Russell/Clarkson/Kobe/Randle(or Bass)/Hibbert. But now I'm thinking Huertas should start, and still play his 20 min a game, basically I think he's a better fit playing next to Kobe, and bring Russell off the bench, maybe. Not really sure yet

Wouldn't be surprised if this is what happens. It's going to be easy for Russell to get lost of he's playing next to two ball dominant players like Kobe and Clarkson so it may be better for his development if he at least comes off the bench to start.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#26 » by Sofa King » Tue Sep 1, 2015 3:04 am

Getting to know more about Marcelo. Really like this signing as we need a vet to help develop Russell but also push him on the practice court when the time needs. I was thinking Nash would be a good fit to mentor Russell, but he can only do so much. '

We have had MWP give Randle some advice this off season. Then the Lakers went out to get Brandon Bass, quality vet on both ends of the court that will help with the depth up front but also is a great locker room guy to help Randle.

Was worry a bit Russell wouldn't have that. So let's see if Marcelo makes the final cut and we can push the Front Office to drop Ryan Kelly and Sacre with their guaranteed contracts.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#27 » by LApwnd » Tue Sep 1, 2015 3:37 am

When is mgmt gona find a legit starting wing? Do they think we're gona fo well with a bunch of rookies or an old ass kobe who plays no D?
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User

Post#28 » by FrozenIceCubes » Tue Sep 1, 2015 3:51 am

LApwnd wrote:When is mgmt gona find a prgit starting wing? Do they think we're gona fo well with a bunch of rookies or an old ass k9be who plays no D?

This is the post I wanted to see.

The Lakers are thinking to far behind in collecting all these players with no NBA future or a low chance to make the team.

The Lakers have to many forwards... No real back up C .. No SF and no back up PG to give Clarkson and Russell a few extra rest during games... I have been thinking that there is no way the Lakers don't have some sort of trade lined up with so many unbalanced holes on the roster unless they wanna throw this season away and call it an transition season.
Laker_Kid
Starter
And1: 591

Re: RE: Re: Lakers sign Marcelo Huertes 

Post#29 » by Laker_Kid » Tue Sep 1, 2015 3:58 am

LApwnd wrote:When is mgmt gona find a prgit starting wing? Do they think we're gona fo well with a bunch of rookies or an old ass k9be who plays no D?

need to keep that 3 spot flexible for durant.
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User

Post#30 » by FrozenIceCubes » Tue Sep 1, 2015 4:14 am

I read that the Heat might renew there attempt to trade... Chalmers. don't even tell me that the Lakers wouldn't rather have a guy with great deal of championship experience teaching Clarkson and Russell the ropes and a solid clutch player.. then a guy who has career averages of 8/3 in Europe with no experience in the NBA...and has VERY limited skills.. This better be a damn joke.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#31 » by Sofa King » Tue Sep 1, 2015 4:33 am

FrozenIceCubes wrote:I read that the Heat might renew there attempt to trade... Chalmers. don't even tell me that the Lakers wouldn't rather have a guy with great deal of championship experience teaching Clarkson and Russell the ropes and a solid clutch player.. then a guy who has career averages of 8/3 in Europe with no experience in the NBA...and has VERY limited skills.. This better be a damn joke.

Done, Lakers give Sacre and Kelly for Chalmers. If you want, we will throw Nick Young in.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#32 » by gom » Tue Sep 1, 2015 4:46 am

Marcelinho is a good player. He plays for one of the best teams in Europe in the most competitive league in Europe and is a solid clutch performer on the International stage for Brasil too. I think Lakers fans will be pleased with his minutes. He's coming in as a backup guard for Clarkson & Russell but the kids should get most of the minutes. I'm a Heat fan since the early 90s and I am one of the few who still thinks Chalmers can contribute (& happy not to see him traded - it's not my money after all), but I'd love to have Marcelinho on our team. You guys made a good choice.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#33 » by gom » Tue Sep 1, 2015 4:48 am

FrozenIceCubes wrote:I read that the Heat might renew there attempt to trade... Chalmers. don't even tell me that the Lakers wouldn't rather have a guy with great deal of championship experience teaching Clarkson and Russell the ropes and a solid clutch player.. then a guy who has career averages of 8/3 in Europe with no experience in the NBA...and has VERY limited skills.. This better be a damn joke.

Mario Chalmers may be traded at the trade deadline if Tyler Johnson and Josh Richardson learn the game well enough. Otherwise, don't count on it. I'm hoping Chalmers is back to 40% 3 point shooting and his usual excellent defense.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#34 » by mcscotty » Tue Sep 1, 2015 4:50 am

We're basically throwing in the towel at this point. Still excited about this season, though. At least there's hope.
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User

Post#35 » by FrozenIceCubes » Tue Sep 1, 2015 5:01 am

mcscotty wrote:We're basically throwing in the towel at this point. Still excited about this season, though. At least there's hope.

Not sure how anyone can be excited about the upcoming season. I know about all the high potential players on the team but I really thought the Lakers would give us something to chew on.

I wanted to see Kobe in the bright lights of May and June in his last go around how can any Season ticket holder give face value on a team amazingly unbalanced and probably a team that probably wouldn't need to tank to suck...

All these additions have given me a sense that the Lakers are prepared for a bad season and are trying to gain as much flexibility as they can in these next few years.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#36 » by dockingsched » Tue Sep 1, 2015 5:16 am

FrozenIceCubes wrote:
mcscotty wrote:We're basically throwing in the towel at this point. Still excited about this season, though. At least there's hope.

Not sure how anyone can be excited about the upcoming season. I know about all the high potential players on the team but I really thought the Lakers would give us something to chew on.

I wanted to see Kobe in the bright lights of May and June in his last go around how can any Season ticket holder give face value on a team amazingly unbalanced and probably a team that probably wouldn't need to tank to suck...

All these additions have given me a sense that the Lakers are prepared for a bad season and are trying to gain as much flexibility as they can in these next few years.

:lol:

:lol:
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User

Re: Lakers sign Marcelinho Huertes 

Post#37 » by FrozenIceCubes » Tue Sep 1, 2015 5:48 am

Is that supposed to be funny?

Let's see the Lakers tried to clear salary to sign Jordan and Alridge

They tried to trade for Demarcus Cousins

They also tried to trade for Ty Lawson...

Do you see the swan song that I'm hearing? How can you go from all of that to all of a sudden condemning defeat for the upcoming season... The Lakers have so many unbalanced holes on the roster. It's bad enough not to warrant a tank thread how can you go from any worse from last year to a more worse situation?
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#38 » by BEazy » Tue Sep 1, 2015 6:40 am

Season hasn't even started and people are throwing in the towel? WTF? This is what D'Angelo meant when he said there are a lot of spoiled Laker fans. We are rebuilding, Kobe is behind us now we are building towards the future. Enjoy the development and maybe we might get a low seed in the playoffs. Give the team till All-Star break, then you can throw in the towel if they aren't doing well. SMH...

As for Huertas, good signing. Some stability at the PG position. I like his style of play and his play making.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Worm122
Senior
And1: 91

Post#39 » by Worm122 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 11:28 am

Baron Davis still member of the Lakers staff?
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#40 » by DaddyCool19 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 2:44 pm

gom wrote:Marcelinho is a good player. He plays for one of the best teams in Europe in the most competitive league in Europe and is a solid clutch performer on the International stage for Brasil too. I think Lakers fans will be pleased with his minutes. He's coming in as a backup guard for Clarkson & Russell but the kids should get most of the minutes. I'm a Heat fan since the early 90s and I am one of the few who still thinks Chalmers can contribute (& happy not to see him traded - it's not my money after all), but I'd love to have Marcelinho on our team. You guys made a good choice.

You mean he was a good player. Seriously if the best team that wants you is Galatasaray and you go to negotiate with them even though they are broke and won't even play in the euroleague that says a lot about your skills and value in europe right? The best offer he got in europe was 1 M after tax. And that came from a really desperate team with like 10 players on their roster where 2 are 18 and younger

Return to Los Angeles Lakers