ImageImageImageImageImage

THE Official: Byron Scott Watch

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

WVlakerfan
Junior
And1: 97

Re: THE Official: Byron Scott Watch 

Post#301 » by WVlakerfan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:39 pm

ak7 wrote:Only way he's getting fired is if there is a sure-fire home run coach available who wants to come to LA, otherwise if it gets bad enough, you'll see Mark Madsen or another guy from the coaching staff taking over until then. We aren't about to commit to another run of the mill coach long term.

I look for an interim coach vs a permanent replacment mid season as well. I just don't see how Byron is helping this team. We aren't winning games, he is still playing ppl in the wrong position, and his rotations are crap. I don't think this team is built to get alot of wins but there has been some key coaching decisions that have hindered the lakers. The Phoenix game is a perfect example. He kept Huertas on the floor for way to long. I can understand Huertas getting mins if players are in foul trouble but when JC and DAR are both fine with fouls and mins played there is no reason for Huertas to be in that late into the fourth if at all.

Its one thing to be bad because of lack of talent its a completely different story when you are losing games because of substitutions and rotations. Timberwolves, knicks, and Magic were all games that should have been won but Byron got outcoached. Those three games would make us 5-6 and talking about playoffs instead of tanking.

If he doesn't look like the coach of the future and hes not being helpful to the current team why keep him other than to not have a revolving door at coach.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User
And1: 77

Post#302 » by FrozenIceCubes » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:08 am

I'm gonna get bashed for this but I don't care: If Byron Scott gets fired I hope the Lakers get Kevin McHale to coach the team every smart person knows that HOU jumped the gun by letting McHale go even if he's apart of the Celtics-Lakers rivalry it's not like Scott isn't doing his work by making the Lakers into a joke even though he was apart of the Lakers showtime.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#303 » by Mirjalovic » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:46 am

FrozenIceCubes wrote:I'm gonna get bashed for this but I don't care: If Byron Scott gets fired I hope the Lakers get Kevin McHale to coach the team every smart person knows that HOU jumped the gun by letting McHale go even if he's apart of the Celtics-Lakers rivalry it's not like Scott isn't doing his work by making the Lakers into a joke even though he was apart of the Lakers showtime.

LOL

if you hate Baron, you would hate McHale too.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#304 » by BEazy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:36 am

Kevin Ollie would be a dream...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#305 » by Kilroy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:01 am

Mirjalovic wrote:
FrozenIceCubes wrote:I'm gonna get bashed for this but I don't care: If Byron Scott gets fired I hope the Lakers get Kevin McHale to coach the team every smart person knows that HOU jumped the gun by letting McHale go even if he's apart of the Celtics-Lakers rivalry it's not like Scott isn't doing his work by making the Lakers into a joke even though he was apart of the Lakers showtime.

LOL

if you hate Baron, you would hate McHale too.

Firing Scott and Hiring McHale would cause all the Lakers banners in the rafters to burst into flames from pure Kharmic overload.

Every fan of the Showtime era would literally drop dead and then become Clipper fans if that happened.

Plus, unless McHale brought Harden and Howard with him, this team would suck worse than it does now.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Post#306 » by ArC_man » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:13 am

No to McFail, Brooks, Thibs, Mark Jackson, or whichever failed retread coach that would at best be a lateral move from BScott.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#307 » by TKainZero » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:26 am

Luke
Walton

Do it
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#308 » by ALL HAIL » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:17 pm

ArC_man wrote:No to McFail, Brooks, Thibs, Mark Jackson, or whichever failed retread coach that would at best be a lateral move from BScott.

Was Rick Carlisle, by your definition, a retread, when he signed in Dallas?

Labels are funny like that.
ArC_man
Veteran

Post#309 » by ArC_man » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:40 pm

ALL HAIL wrote:
ArC_man wrote:No to McFail, Brooks, Thibs, Mark Jackson, or whichever failed retread coach that would at best be a lateral move from BScott.

No because he was under extraneous circumstances during his tenure with Indiana. McHale and Brooks are just as bad as BScott, and Thibs and Mark Jackson (while better coaches) most certainly wouldn't get along with the FO since they want say in personnel decisions.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#310 » by ALL HAIL » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:13 pm

ArC_man wrote:
ALL HAIL wrote:

No because he was under extraneous circumstances during his tenure with Indiana. McHale and Brooks are just as bad as BScott, and Thibs and Mark Jackson (while better coaches) most certainly wouldn't get along with the FO since they want say in personnel decisions.

What about Carlisle in Detroit? By your definition, he's a retread dude.

Be careful saying "all" of anything -- there will likely be exceptions.

You don't want to miss out on an opportunity because of some myopic, irrational bias or prejudice.

Take each coach at face value ... but please (Lakers) don't put an exorbitant amount of stock in how well someone speaks during interviews. I've learned through the Mike Brown and Dangelo Russell interview exxmples that the FO gets mind-boned pretty easily by a good interview.

They open up their legs to dudes who talk a good game.
ArC_man
Veteran

Post#311 » by ArC_man » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:26 pm

ALL HAIL wrote:
ArC_man wrote:
ALL HAIL wrote:Was Rick Carlisle, by your definition, a retread, when he signed in Dallas?

You don't want to miss out on an opportunity because of some myopic, irrational bias or prejudice.

Take each coach at face value ... but please (Lakers) don't put an exorbitant amount of stock in how well someone speaks during interviews. I've learned through the Mike Brown and Dangelo Russell interview exxmples that the FO gets mind-boned pretty easily by a good interview.

Yes, you're right, there are always exceptions. I'm tired of people coming in here telling us the FO should hire a coach that literally just got fired.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#312 » by dockingsched » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:38 am

you do you Byron

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/667445370818052096[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/forumbluegold/status/666496444686184448[/tweet]
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#313 » by crazyeights » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:02 am

ALL HAIL wrote:
ArC_man wrote:
ALL HAIL wrote:Was Rick Carlisle, by your definition, a retread, when he signed in Dallas?

Is there any irony to making a blanket statement about making blanket statements and ignoring the fact that 3 of your 4 examples are the same type of uninspired offensive coaches as Byron? Thibs at least is a defensive ace, but like Byron is a little too ridged and rides his players to the bone.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#314 » by Slava » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:24 am

You know what, I'd buy Byron a gold Rolex if all his blunders lead us to Ben Simmons.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User
And1: 77

Post#315 » by FrozenIceCubes » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:59 am

Slava wrote:You know what, I'd buy Byron a gold Rolex if all his blunders lead us to Ben Simmons.

It's sad but I don't even think Scott is trying to tank. why would he? He's trying to save his Lakers legacy and his image. but the Lakers gave him a bunch of project players it's not his fault in that sense but he's playing a role in this bumpy ride... I'm still with the notion that the Lakers pull off a big trade to put us back on the map either by this season or during the off season.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#316 » by ALL HAIL » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:40 pm

dockingsched wrote:you do you Byron

In a vacuum, I don't have a problem with this at all.
indilakeshow
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#317 » by indilakeshow » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:22 pm

dockingsched wrote:you do you Byron

This and the Byron Bingo board made my week. Maybe Byron is just some hilarious Willy Wonka-esque coach who does things for baffling reasons.
GreenWithEnvy wrote:
Lakers have absolutely nothing besides Kobe and Lamar to get Andre Miller...give it up Laker fans.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#318 » by myersia » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:42 pm

People always hate George Karl. Why is that? Not saying he should be our choice just wondering.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#319 » by Slava » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:03 am

Sean Miller would be a good choice if we go the next Brad Stevens way.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#320 » by Michael Lucky » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:22 am

Unfortunately these days you're basically forced in to taking a player's coach. With the way superstars are pampered it's no wonder the old school mentality that some of these coaches have constantly lands them out of a job.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers