ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers don't care.. Why should fans?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

FrozenIceCubes
Banned User
And1: 77

Lakers don't care.. Why should fans? 

Post#1 » by FrozenIceCubes » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:53 am

The Lakers lack of commucation with the media on the team and its standards reflects that the Organization is to embarrassed and have no commitment for this season. What Mitch and Jeannie will do is try to spin this in any fashion they could possibly have in there pocket and tell the good ol Laker Nation that rebuilding takes time when in reality the team has taken a step back and made no Improvements in any area.

I know as Laker fans we wanna see effort but with this team it's not gonna happen.
Tarik_shaq
Sophomore
And1: 31

Re: Lakers don't care.. Why should fans? 

Post#2 » by Tarik_shaq » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:58 am

the lakers just suck. plain and simple. did the rebuilding super sonics with durant and westbrook win 25+ games? nah. just be patient.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#3 » by moonpie » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:06 am

Because we're masochists
yongaz
Starter
And1: 150

Post#4 » by yongaz » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:09 am

If you're a real fan you care regardless of how bad the team does. Get that bandwagoning s**t out of here.
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User

Post#5 » by FrozenIceCubes » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:14 am

Tarik_shaq wrote:the lakers just suck. plain and simple. did the rebuilding super sonics with durant and westbrook win 25+ games? nah. just be patient.

Its funny you say that. Rebuilding teams actually give effort... They communicate on defense they try to establish a identity...

Can you please tell us what games are you watching?

The Lakers arent trying to do anything they have done there part in telling us what a pitful unwatchable team they are.

So please stop trying to act like there is something to look forward to...'cause the train is headed towards nowhere.
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User

Post#6 » by FrozenIceCubes » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:19 am

yongaz wrote:If you're a real fan you care regardless of how bad the team does. Get that bandwagoning s**t out of here.

There is a difference between being a bad team (Nets) a tanking team (Sixers) the Lakers are neither of those they are flat out a embarrassment this has nothing to do with being a bandwagnor get that BS crap out of your mind.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,399

Post#7 » by Danny Darko » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:27 am

then don't care. we'll see you once we get the ship turned around I guess. But spare us the dramatic fare well.
Sucks to be a lakers fan, but you aren't a fan if you aren't in for the worst of it, you're a mildly interested observer.
FrozenIceCubes
Banned User

Post#8 » by FrozenIceCubes » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:48 am

Danny Darko wrote:then don't care. we'll see you once we get the ship turned around I guess. But spare us the dramatic fare well.
Sucks to be a lakers fan, but you aren't a fan if you aren't in for the worst of it, you're a mildly interested observer.

I don't see any single evidence of the Lakers turning the ship.

The Franchise and the team is gonna feel the affects for a long long time with the lose of Dr.Buss.

these Summer FAs that we always talk about is a bunch of horse hay no one is gonna come to a team that has no culture

we only pick up scraps.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,399

Post#9 » by Danny Darko » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:55 am

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,187

Post#10 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:07 am

+1 required. Rebuilding phase takes a long time. I'm hoping we go after Noah in the off season - I feel he might be like Gasol and needing a change and having him starting C, HIbbert, back up.

That'll get things going haha.
Bring back Defense
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#11 » by LApwnd » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:00 am

skullz wrote:+1 required. Rebuilding phase takes a long time. I'm hoping we go after Noah in the off season - I feel he might be like Gasol and needing a change and having him starting C, HIbbert, back up.

Nothing was wrong with noah environment like hibbbert...his bodybis just braking down and given hibbert performance thus far safe to say his change scenery didnt donsquat for his game, i called out that bs the minute he used that cliche
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,187

Post#12 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:57 am

LApwnd wrote:
skullz wrote:+1 required. Rebuilding phase takes a long time. I'm hoping we go after Noah in the off season - I feel he might be like Gasol and needing a change and having him starting C, HIbbert, back up.

Nothing was wrong with noah environment like hibbbert...his bodybis just braking down and given hibbert performance thus far safe to say his change scenery didnt donsquat for his game, i called out that bs the minute he used that cliche

I think they're too different? - Noah atm doesn't look like his happy in Chi, playing few minutes getting pulled out of 4th quarters and playing out side of position quite a lot. My realistic pipe dream would be, Noah, Hibbert, Up n coming Upshaw for our 3rd big
PF:Randle/Black/Kelly (unsure who else)

I don't think playing small ball is going to work for us, not until Clarkson/Russell really start to develop and live up to their expectations (2-4 years away?) so wanting to go big < probably some flaws in my logic I'm sure, but it's what I'd do.
Bring back Defense
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,388

Post#13 » by Jody Smokz » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:46 pm

You're the same guy that said you expected a Lillard like rookie year out of DLo, Hibbert to avg 4-5 blocks a game and that Kobe would turn back the clock and be elite....please spare us the whining. I and others told you your expectations were too high for this team.

FrozenIceCubes wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:then don't care. we'll see you once we get the ship turned around I guess. But spare us the dramatic fare well.

I don't see any single evidence of the Lakers turning the ship.

The Franchise and the team is gonna feel the affects for a long long time with the lose of Dr.Buss.

these Summer FAs that we always talk about is a bunch of horse hay no one is gonna come to a team that has no culture

we only pick up scraps.
Jody Smokz
Starter

Post#14 » by Jody Smokz » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:48 pm

Why would Noah sign here? He's at the point of his career where he's trying to compete for something. Guys are going to really have to let FA chasing go until the talent here shows they can help win games

LApwnd
Banned User

Post#15 » by LApwnd » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:58 pm

FrozenIceCubes wrote:The Lakers lack of commucation with the media on the team and its standards reflects that the Organization is to embarrassed and have no commitment for this season. What Mitch and Jeannie will do is try to spin this in any fashion they could possibly have in there pocket and tell the good ol Laker Nation that rebuilding takes time when in reality the team has taken a step back and made no Improvements in any area.

I know as Laker fans we wanna see effort but with this team it's not gonna happen.

sounds like you care, since you made this OP :lol:
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#16 » by LApwnd » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:59 pm

Jody Smokz wrote:Why would Noah sign here? He's at the point of his career where he's trying to compete for something. Guys are going to really have to let FA chasing go until the talent here shows they can help win games

Noah doesn't strike me as the kind who'd give up money to sign on a more winnable team, he not extremely old and would still want to get paid....he reminds me of Tyson Chandler he'll go where the money is regardless of the situation.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#17 » by gts1 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:38 pm

yongaz wrote:If you're a real fan you care regardless of how bad the team does. Get that bandwagoning s**t out of here.
well said

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Jody Smokz
Starter

Post#18 » by Jody Smokz » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:38 pm

Not sure why you'd think Noah would sign up in a rebuilding situation to lose 60 games for a few extra bucks. That Tyson example is wrong. He took a big deal in NY b/c Cuban wasn't interested in paying him long term so he could chase Dwight. NY also had a lot of promise from his perspective by having some big names on the team.

Plenty of teams Noah can play for that aren't bottom 5 material while getting a nice check, considering he's not gimpy by the end of the year.

LApwnd wrote:
Jody Smokz wrote:Why would Noah sign here? He's at the point of his career where he's trying to compete for something. Guys are going to really have to let FA chasing go until the talent here shows they can help win games

Noah doesn't strike me as the kind who'd give up money to sign on a more winnable team, he not extremely old and would still want to get paid....he reminds me of Tyson Chandler he'll go where the money is regardless of the situation.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,870

Post#19 » by LakersLegacy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:01 pm

A band wagon fan would not make a thread about the lakers this season. I fully respect fans voicing to Jim buss that this needs to change.

It does not mean have a fire sale but it does mean snap up thibs before the rockets do as Scott is not developing the raw talent we have.

No Russ in the 4th quarter. There is no good reason for that. Thibbs would make our defense look good and he has a good track record with effort. Heck thibs is the reason we lost in 2008. I respect the heck out that man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LApwnd
Banned User

Post#20 » by LApwnd » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:18 pm

Jody Smokz wrote:Not sure why you'd think Noah would sign up in a rebuilding situation to lose 60 games for a few extra bucks. That Tyson example is wrong. He took a big deal in NY b/c Cuban wasn't interested in paying him long term so he could chase Dwight. NY also had a lot of promise from his perspective by having some big names on the team.

Plenty of teams Noah can play for that aren't bottom 5 material while getting a nice check, considering he's not gimpy by the end of the year.

LApwnd wrote:

Chandler signed a big contract with pho this off-season...do you really think he thinks he's winning anything with them?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers