LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Re: GT: 12/11 - LAL @ SAS - 6:30pm PST - TWC Sportsnet 

Post#221 » by LApwnd » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:07 pm

Spens1 wrote:
warrenpeace wrote:
Spens1 wrote:Russell be chucking

9-23 = chucking, not exactly a huge fan of that many shots from him, he needs to tone it down a bit also. Still, 24/6/6 is pretty good, though only a point per shot is pretty damn bad

I don't think D'Angelo needs to tone it down at all. He is not a chucker. He is a very unselfish, team player. I don't mind him taking 23 shots. I don't care if he takes 30 shots or how many he makes or missed, and he shouldn't worry about that either. What I liked about this game and the last game is it looks to me like he is playing with the mindset that he is the best player on the court, even if Kobe is on the court. We need him to approach every game with that mindset. He probably would have had that mindset from day one, if Kobe was not on the team.

its bad if he's taking stupid shots, i agree, good mindset about thinking he's the best, that shouldn't mean he's taking improbable shots, rather get that sorted out earlier, also with his handles, if the shot isn't there he should pass it off or make something else happen for someone else.

They werent forced shots, not in the kobe sense of forced shots
ArC_man
Veteran
And1: 910

Re: GT: 12/11 - LAL @ SAS - 6:30pm PST - TWC Sportsnet 

Post#222 » by ArC_man » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:36 pm

I think what impressed me most about Russell last night was his defense. When JVG is praising your on-ball defense and ball pressure, you're doing something right.

I don't think Russell took many bad shots last night but there are differences between a good shot and a great shot. Russell can get the elbow jumper off the high PnR every possession if he wanted it and I wouldn't consider it a bad shot. However, it's not a great shot in the sense that it's a 2 pointer that he shoots at a ~45% clip... it's usually better to look for higher percentage options early in the shot clock.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers