gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Re: GT: 12/11 - LAL @ SAS - 6:30pm PST - TWC Sportsnet 

Post#201 » by gts1 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:57 am

ratra_1211 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
ratra_1211 wrote:
Man he looked pretty bad all game long. See his stats.

He had an off shooting night for sure, but so does our entire team most of the time... There's more to playing well than scoring.

Certainly not one of his better games though.

yeah and when he's off he looks really bad imo. i just hate it when he was sagged off and REALLY dont want to shoot it. its like someone told him his jumper sucks and he should not be shooting those.

want to see him bounce back and kill the rox frontcourt tomorrow

His jumper does suck. He needs to work on that part of his game

Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#202 » by TylersLakers » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:58 am

Not a horrendous showing. Without one of our top players (Clarkson) and one of our other top players had a horrendous game (Randle).

By the way, I think Clarkson would be great coming off the bench. Hope we give that a try when he's healthy.
ratra_1211
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GT: 12/11 - LAL @ SAS - 6:30pm PST - TWC Sportsnet 

Post#203 » by ratra_1211 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:00 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
ratra_1211 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
He had an off shooting night for sure, but so does our entire team most of the time... There's more to playing well than scoring.

Certainly not one of his better games though.

yeah and when he's off he looks really bad imo. i just hate it when he was sagged off and REALLY dont want to shoot it. its like someone told him his jumper sucks and he should not be shooting those.

want to see him bounce back and kill the rox frontcourt tomorrow

Even the best rooks have really really bad shooting nights and often. I'll be far more concerned when he stops rebounding the ball.

never complain about his rebounding. he is a BEAST rebounder. 7 boards in 20 minutes against 7 footers arent that bad. just want to see him gets confident with his shot. oh well maybe not till a year or two
lake_show
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#204 » by lake_show » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:12 am

Randle's an iso heavy player and we never really run any ture isos. Everything is - if you get the ball try to break your guy off the dribble. Just seems like there's always waay too much congestion in the paint and he seems to will it in anyway. Would be nice to see us run a couple plays for him. I do agree he needs to work on that jump shot though.
Talking about how bad Julius Randle is:
DEEP3CL wrote:... When dudes know ball we're just going to call out what we see period.
gts1
Starter

GT: 12/11 - LAL @ SAS - 6:30pm PST - TWC Sportsnet 

Post#205 » by gts1 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:20 am

Btw just want to clarify I love Randle wouldn't trade him for the world but his jumper at this time needs lot's of work

Not a bad game, we missed Clarkson and his ability to create shots and keep defenses on their heels off the dribble

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,231

Post#206 » by EArl » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:24 am

Russell looks like he's finally arrived
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#207 » by Mirjalovic » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:33 am

Glad for Russell

it's looks like he already shake off the confusion and become more assertive.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#208 » by Goudelock » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:33 am

EArl wrote:Russell looks like he's finally arrived

I want to say that, but part of me is still waiting for BS to cut his minutes or some stupid crap like that (thus ruining his confidence).
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#209 » by Mirjalovic » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:35 am

as for Randle, he's a rookie, people need to calm down. He will bounce back and learn from mistakes.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#210 » by Slava » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:09 am

Call me crazy but I want to see Kelly and Russell start instead of Nance and Clarkson. Nance passing up wide open shots is leading to turnovers, you know Kelly would atleast make his jumpers and offer more spacing for Kobe and Russell to work with.

Nance as the center with that 2nd unit works better.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
gts1
Starter

Post#211 » by gts1 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:16 am

Slava wrote:Call me crazy but I want to see Kelly and Russell start instead of Nance and Clarkson. Nance passing up wide open shots is leading to turnovers, you know Kelly would atleast make his jumpers and offer more spacing for Kobe and Russell to work with.

I imagine Russell will be back to the bench when Clarkson comes back.

Not so sure about Kelly, he and Nance are somewhat interchangeable since they both have such glaring holes in their game but it's worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#212 » by iamworthy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:20 am

Credit Golden Throat on LG

Teenagers in NBA history to have 24+ points, 6+ rebounds, & 6+ assists in a game

1) Kevin Durant
2) LeBron James
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Kyrie Irving
5) D'Angelo Russel
lake_show
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#213 » by lake_show » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:46 am

Mirjalovic wrote:as for Randle, he's a rookie, people need to calm down. He will bounce back and learn from mistakes.

I think we've gotten to the point where everyone knows these guys can ball (except for one or two weirdo posters on this board). These guys are the future of the Lakers. I think everything said is more regarding adjustments.

I think in a game like tonight where Russell starts and Randle comes off the bench Randle should be the focal point of the offense in that second unit. Even if he's struggling. Cuz when he beasts I almost feel sorry for guys. He's just so over powering.

I dont mind Huertas and Sacre but Huertas to Sacre shouldnt be half the offense of our second unit.
Talking about how bad Julius Randle is:
DEEP3CL wrote:... When dudes know ball we're just going to call out what we see period.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#214 » by moonpie » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:55 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl5O8jWb1Y4&feature=youtu.be&t=2m9s[/youtube]
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#215 » by LApwnd » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:37 am

Slava wrote:Call me crazy but I want to see Kelly and Russell start instead of Nance and Clarkson. Nance passing up wide open shots is leading to turnovers, you know Kelly would atleast make his jumpers and offer more spacing for Kobe and Russell to work with.

You sure bout that? He shoots 42% and im not eben mention his 3pt % (not enough attempts)...feels like kelly someone gets that label as a "shooter" simply cause he camt do much of anything else.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#216 » by LApwnd » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:41 am

Im pleasantly surprise to see dlo has a low post game already in his arsenal, rare to see any rookie with low post skills especially a guard, he looks better than randle imo
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#217 » by Spens1 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:45 am

Russell be chucking

9-23 = chucking, not exactly a huge fan of that many shots from him, he needs to tone it down a bit also. Still, 24/6/6 is pretty good, though only a point per shot is pretty damn bad

Hibbert i am convinced is a scrub now. How the hell can he be so bad

Lou Williams comes up with his best game for us, how i am not sure and even kobe was pretty decent (since he's taken a back seat he's doing a much better job)

Randle was shocking and almost everyone else was irrelevant

lets face it we never where going to win but to lose that badly, a lot of people on this team have no heart or desire and are just here for a paycheck which is the worst thing about this
warrenpeace
Junior
And1: 75

Post#218 » by warrenpeace » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:57 am

Spens1 wrote:Russell be chucking

9-23 = chucking, not exactly a huge fan of that many shots from him, he needs to tone it down a bit also. Still, 24/6/6 is pretty good, though only a point per shot is pretty damn bad

I don't think D'Angelo needs to tone it down at all. He is not a chucker. He is a very unselfish, team player. I don't mind him taking 23 shots. I don't care if he takes 30 shots or how many he makes or missed, and he shouldn't worry about that either. What I liked about this game and the last game is it looks to me like he is playing with the mindset that he is the best player on the court, even if Kobe is on the court. We need him to approach every game with that mindset. He probably would have had that mindset from day one, if Kobe was not on the team.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#219 » by Spens1 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:51 am

warrenpeace wrote:
Spens1 wrote:Russell be chucking

I don't think D'Angelo needs to tone it down at all. He is not a chucker. He is a very unselfish, team player. I don't mind him taking 23 shots. I don't care if he takes 30 shots or how many he makes or missed, and he shouldn't worry about that either. What I liked about this game and the last game is it looks to me like he is playing with the mindset that he is the best player on the court, even if Kobe is on the court. We need him to approach every game with that mindset. He probably would have had that mindset from day one, if Kobe was not on the team.

its bad if he's taking stupid shots, i agree, good mindset about thinking he's the best, that shouldn't mean he's taking improbable shots, rather get that sorted out earlier, also with his handles, if the shot isn't there he should pass it off or make something else happen for someone else.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#220 » by Goudelock » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:44 pm

moonpie wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl5O8jWb1Y4&feature=youtu.be&t=2m9s[/youtube]

This is how he played at Ohio State, right?
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers