ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Rams to LA

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Re: OT: Rams to LA 

Post#21 » by gts1 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:46 pm

EArl wrote:I personally don't want more than one team here. Let the other teams stay put.

That's not happening. There will be two teams sharing that stadium. It's to grand a venue not to use as much as possible

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#22 » by Sofa King » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:04 am

gts1 wrote:
EArl wrote:I personally don't want more than one team here. Let the other teams stay put.

That's not happening. There will be two teams sharing that stadium. It's to grand a venue not to use as much as possible

Going to be crazy seeing 4 teams playing against each other at the same field.
gts1
Starter

Post#23 » by gts1 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:57 am

Sofa King wrote:
gts1 wrote:

Going to be crazy seeing 4 teams playing against each other at the same field.

lol..smart ass
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#24 » by Spens1 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:17 am

they really didn't handle this well at all

happy for L.A but can't help but feel for the people of St Louis, they bent over backwards to try and keep them but Kroenke just spat in their face basically. Think the NFL may have killed off a city for any future bids, i highly doubt they would welcome the NFL back with open arms for at least another 10-15 years, i mean it would seem it would be in baseball, hockey and even soccers favor (MLS would be wise to put a team there, seems like they have good support for it to draw big)

In saying that, the Rams now will be forced to put together a really good team, it ain't going to look good with a 3/4 full coliseum (at best), which is what could happen if the rams are still as bad as they have been. L.A aren't going to be as patient with the Rams as St Louis was, the honeymoon period could be over very quickly if they don't put it together on the pitch.

It makes a lot of sense business wise now, but the way they handled it may have alienated an entire city (even if they had no business moving their in the first place)
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,590

Post#25 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:42 am

Earl you don't even watch football. Why does it matter to you?
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,232

Post#26 » by EArl » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:47 am

The Regime wrote:

Earl you don't even watch football. Why does it matter to you?

I watch it casually, but never got interest since we didn't have a team for the longest time. Now thats changed.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#27 » by ak7 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:22 pm

Spens1 wrote:In saying that, the Rams now will be forced to put together a really good team, it ain't going to look good with a 3/4 full coliseum (at best), which is what could happen if the rams are still as bad as they have been. L.A aren't going to be as patient with the Rams as St Louis was, the honeymoon period could be over very quickly if they don't put it together on the pitch.

Mmm.. I don't personally think they will need to win right away. The initial honeymoon will last 1-2 seasons where they will sell out all 8 games. You don't really go from pretender to contender in a 1-2 year span unless you have a significant jump in development from your quarterback - a position the Rams are lacking; among other improvements as well. I am pretty sure they finished dead last in every major passing category, and with the 15th pick it's highly unlikely they get their guy this year.

Although, there's always that possibility that Philip Rivers forces his way there...
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#28 » by Spens1 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:48 am

ak7 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:In saying that, the Rams now will be forced to put together a really good team, it ain't going to look good with a 3/4 full coliseum (at best), which is what could happen if the rams are still as bad as they have been. L.A aren't going to be as patient with the Rams as St Louis was, the honeymoon period could be over very quickly if they don't put it together on the pitch.

Mmm.. I don't personally think they will need to win right away. The initial honeymoon will last 1-2 seasons where they will sell out all 8 games. You don't really go from pretender to contender in a 1-2 year span unless you have a significant jump in development from your quarterback - a position the Rams are lacking; among other improvements as well. I am pretty sure they finished dead last in every major passing category, and with the 15th pick it's highly unlikely they get their guy this year.

Although, there's always that possibility that Philip Rivers forces his way there...

well they'd need to be more than a 5 win team, they'd need to be at least near the playoff hunt i would think, so 7 games and up, at least showiong something
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#29 » by Wavy Q » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:20 am

the rams are pretty awful lol
Sofa King
RealGM

Post#30 » by Sofa King » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:23 am

Wavy Q wrote:the rams are pretty awful lol

How awful?

Donald Sterlings' Clippers awful or Jimmy Buss Lakers awful?
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#31 » by Wavy Q » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:23 am

Sofa King wrote:

How awful?

better than both but they need something that resembles a passing offense or teams will just stuff the box against them every time. Its what happened this year.
Sofa King
RealGM

Post#32 » by Sofa King » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:25 am

I hear RGIII is available
crazyeights
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#33 » by crazyeights » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:39 am

Wavy Q wrote:
Sofa King wrote:

How awful?

better than both but they need something that resembles a passing offense or teams will just stuff the box against them every time. Its what happened this year.

If Byron keeps sitting him down the stretch:

:reporter:
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#34 » by LApwnd » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:17 am

Im niners fan but im still excited to have chance now to go to an nfl game locally
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,870

Post#35 » by LakersLegacy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:51 am

2 pro teams for every sport.

Lakers
Clippers
Dodgers
Angels
Kings
Ducks
Rams
Chargers or Raiders

Do you think maybe ticket prices may go down?
Sofa King
RealGM

Post#36 » by Sofa King » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:18 pm

St. Louis fans suing the Rams. :lol:

Four St. Louis Rams fans are suing the team over its move to Los Angeles, with a suit centering around the purchase of game tickets and team merchandise, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch​.

The suit was filed in St. Louis circuit court, and says the Rams violated Missouri’s Merchandising Practice act, citing “deception, fraud, false pretense, [and] false promise.” The fans’ lawyer intends to turn the suit into a class-action case involving tens of thousands of fans who made Rams-related ticket or merchandise purchases over the past five years.

According to the law, merchandise sellers cannot deceive or leave out any “material fact” associated with their sales. In this case, the Rams’ relocation would serve as the basis for the deception as fans and purchasers seek damage payments.

The continual, repetitive reassurances from Rams owner Stan Kroenke and team reps over the past five years that the team would remain in St. Louis are listed in the court filing, emphasizing that the comments are of a misleading nature.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/14/los-angeles-rams-st-louis-fans-sue-team-move?xid=si_social
ak7
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by ak7 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:14 pm

We should use the LA Rams forum now!
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,232

Post#38 » by EArl » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:37 pm

ak7 wrote:We should use the LA Rams forum now!

Lets take it over and kick the old fans out.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
ak7
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by ak7 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:43 pm

gts1
Starter

Post#40 » by gts1 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:58 pm

EArl wrote:
ak7 wrote:We should use the LA Rams forum now!

Lets take it over and kick the old fans out.

Looks like the old fans left some time ago

Return to Los Angeles Lakers