ImageImageImageImageImage

What would it take for you to trade DOWN/OUT from pick 2?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,687

Re: What would it take for you to trade DOWN/OUT from pick 2? 

Post#21 » by Pointgod » Wed May 25, 2016 5:31 pm

King Latifah wrote:
Pointgod wrote:In a two player draft you don't trade down or out unless you're receiving an elite talent. There's no way we'd get Towns, Davis, Durant, Westbrook or the like for a #2 pick. I wouldn't even trade for Paul George considering that him alone wouldn't get us into the playoffs.

You don't think he'd attract another FA? I do. If we had PG13 right now, I think centers and Vonley would be lining up to join.

Players prefer sure things over the unknown. If we traded for George we'd have to give up the 2nd pick and probably both Randle and Clarkson (although he's a free agent so I don't know how that works). So you're left with George and Russell, maybe Clarkson. Way too many question marks for a potential free agent when there are already established playoff teams that would be closer to contenders. Youre not getting any of the top tier free agents probably could entice Whiteside and a small chance at Horford if he sees potential. But the West is a blood bath and the Lakers would need George and another all star in hand before difference makers could take us seriously.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#22 » by stan francisco » Wed May 25, 2016 5:52 pm

Good points. I think Tussell is an all-star next season, in fact, I'm convinced. Not sure what it would take to pry PG13 away. If we can do it while keeping Russell and Randle, FAs like Whiteside and Conley would definitely be easier to get
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#23 » by Mirjalovic » Wed May 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Jody Smokz wrote:You're the same guy that wanted us to take Mario Hezonja as well. No one is underrating Okafor, we just recognize the team doesn't need to give up a valuable pick for a player that does not protect the rim or rebound well at the NBA level. Philly is also under new management and with the amount of losing and Byron that was here the last 2 years, there is nothing more toxic about Philly than there was in LA.

Mirjalovic wrote:You guys underrating Okafor, like DMC before him. Watch out when they have the chance to get out from toxic environment and start tearing apart this league. (And you guys will pretend like "hey i knew these guys are great, im believer in old school low post higmen ha")

If Okafor (a national champion) come out now, this draft will be regarded as 3 men draft and i believe he has case to be #1 pick this year over Simmons/Ingram.

He is 19 years old center that averaging 17ish ppg in freaking NBA. I can't even think who 19 years old center did that in NBA before him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its Roballer not me.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

MrWaffles
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#24 » by MrWaffles » Wed May 25, 2016 6:00 pm

TylersLakers wrote:Paul George
Anthony Davis
Damian Lillard
Steph Curry
Kawhi Leonard
Russell Westbrook
Draymond Green
Klay Thompson
Blake Griffin
Giannis A
James Harden
Embiid + Lakers 2017 pick + 24

That Smart deal is interesting. That would have to be worth consideration. I'm leaning towards doing it.

Also. Russell, Nance, #2, #32 for George Hill, Paul George, #20

This is literally the only reasonable responses.
MrWaffles
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#25 » by MrWaffles » Wed May 25, 2016 6:01 pm

Mirjalovic wrote:Jahlil Okafor.

im crying. :lol:
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

What would it take for you to trade DOWN/OUT from pick 2? 

Post#26 » by Mirjalovic » Wed May 25, 2016 6:06 pm

Whats wrong with Jahlil Okafor ?

I will die in laughter 5 years from now when Lakers fans asking the Lakers to get him.

shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,388

Post#27 » by Jody Smokz » Wed May 25, 2016 9:24 pm

There's nothing "wrong" with him. What's dumb is trading our #2 pick for him considering his weaknesses and what they need in a big man

Mirjalovic wrote:Whats wrong with Jahlil Okafor ?

I will die in laughter 5 years from now when Lakers fans asking the Lakers to get him.

TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#28 » by TKainZero » Thu May 26, 2016 4:02 pm

That is something NBA fans were asking all season..

As he went around beating up people outside of a bar in boston.
Suffered injuries...
Caused commotion...
And played incredibly lackluster defense.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#29 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu May 26, 2016 4:43 pm

[quote="Mirjalovic"]Jahlil Okafor.

If we do this trade Philly ends up having Simmons and Ingram while we will have Randle and Okafor in our front court. It's bad defensively.
Lakers24gm
Junior
And1: 118

Post#30 » by Lakers24gm » Thu May 26, 2016 5:15 pm

If lakers are serious about Bender would make sense for them to try to get an asset out of Boston to move down to 3 so Boston can get Ingram. But how much would they be willing to part with?
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#31 » by Sofa King » Fri May 27, 2016 9:32 am

Return to Los Angeles Lakers