ImageImageImageImageImage

Larry Nance Jr & The Forward Positions

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

thegamefritz
Sophomore
And1: 10

Re: Larry Nance Jr & The Forward Positions 

Post#21 » by thegamefritz » Wed Oct 5, 2016 4:42 pm

trade Julius Randle for Myles Turner. Nance can Start at the PF. Tarik Black could slide down to PF. We'll have Mozgov, Turner and Zubac at C
Turner can spread the floor, can shoot and defend
Kentavicius
Ballboy
And1: 41

Post#22 » by Kentavicius » Wed Oct 5, 2016 4:58 pm

thegamefritz wrote:trade Julius Randle for Myles Turner. Nance can Start at the PF. Tarik Black could slide down to PF. We'll have Mozgov, Turner and Zubac at C

The Pacers aren't that dumb.
thegamefritz
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#23 » by thegamefritz » Wed Oct 5, 2016 7:34 pm

Kentavicius wrote:
thegamefritz wrote:trade Julius Randle for Myles Turner. Nance can Start at the PF. Tarik Black could slide down to PF. We'll have Mozgov, Turner and Zubac at C

Add a Anthony Brown and future 2nd rd..
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#24 » by DNP-Old » Wed Oct 5, 2016 11:33 pm

thegamefritz wrote:
Kentavicius wrote:

Add a Anthony Brown and future 2nd rd..

Nowhere near enough...
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#25 » by slifersd » Thu Oct 6, 2016 12:15 am

Nobody is touching Mozgov or Young's contracts. Those are the kinds of idiocy that we are going to have to live with till they expire. Randle's trade value isn't that high either, considering he is not even considered a sure fire starter on one of the worst teams in the league. If we think he is a ball hog who clogs up an offense, what would a good team do with him?
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#26 » by One Love » Thu Oct 6, 2016 3:23 pm

Nance is better than Randle now & will be the starter soon... Luke will not be able to sit him with his hustle, blocks, rebounding, screens, passing and relentless energy that lifts the entire team... He will be our starting PF soon, rest assured... Deng, Nance & Mozgov will be our front line...
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#27 » by JellosJigglin » Thu Oct 6, 2016 5:13 pm

One Love wrote:Nance is better than Randle now & will be the starter soon... Luke will not be able to sit him with his hustle, blocks, rebounding, screens, passing and relentless energy that lifts the entire team... He will be our starting PF soon, rest assured... Deng, Nance & Mozgov will be our front line...

If we're only looking at Nance v. Randle in a vacuum then I agree.

But based on what I saw in one preseason game, I realllly like the 2nd unit with Ingram, Nance and Black. Those guys are all so unselfish and bring an uplifting energy. Their skills fit well together. The sum is greater than the parts.

Putting Randle and Black together in the 2nd unit seems kind of redundant to me. They're similar players. And Randle plays with a level of selfishness that I wouldn't want to put next to Ingram.

As you can tell I'm not a big fan of Randle as a team component. As an individual I think he can be valuable on the right team. To fit with this team he needs to bring more of a Lamar Odom or Draymond mindset. He isn't a good enough shooter or finisher to be the scorer he wants to be.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
larry14r
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#28 » by larry14r » Fri Oct 7, 2016 12:34 am

One Love wrote:Nance is better than Randle now & will be the starter soon... Luke will not be able to sit him with his hustle, blocks, rebounding, screens, passing and relentless energy that lifts the entire team... He will be our starting PF soon, rest assured... Deng, Nance & Mozgov will be our front line...

And then eventually it will be Ingram, Nance, and Zubac.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#29 » by NBAWestFan » Fri Oct 7, 2016 3:37 pm

I can' believe so many were picked ahead of Turner.

Turner is too late the Pacers won't let him go.

I like Zubac

But year from Day 1 after watching the Hops and blocks

Larry Nance Jr is one of the players that is the most exciting to watch and along with the new guy Zubac

The Volleyball style blocks will be what I will be looking for in these guys and even Ingram I like to see
a strong swat in his blocks.

Ingram and Nance are what I see as the future.

Hopefully Russell and Clarkson can work out but if not I see these two and Randle as possible great trading pieces.

I believe one day Clarkson or Russel will have to go. There can only be One.
sonic the laker
Junior
And1: 208

Post#30 » by sonic the laker » Fri Oct 7, 2016 6:24 pm

Umm...one game into preseason, and already there are posts about possibly trading away Randle, Russell, and/or Clarkson? Really?

I'm going to take the more measured approach, and see how the preseason plays out, including early regular season, before, making any grand proclamations about the viability of our young mainstay players. As much as I like Nance, I'm not ready to proclaim him a better player than Randle, yet. Granted, he may seem to be a better "fit", at the moment, but Randle just needs to focus a bit more, and allow the game to come to him, as opposed to forcing the issue at times. He allows bad plays/call/ etc. to affect him mentally, thus losing focus.

Anthony Brown showed promise offensively, in the first preseason game. Now, he needs to show it consistently. His defense is not in question. He's a keeper, imo, for now. I feel the same about Nick Young. If anybody needs to be moved, it would be Lou Williams. I've felt that way since last season. Not the best of signings, that one.

ZOOM!!!!
ZOOM!!!!!!!!!
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#31 » by Landsberger » Fri Oct 7, 2016 11:14 pm

Mirjalovic wrote:Randle has a promising rookie season and no, this year is not his make or break season.

Maybe not "make or break" for Randle but it could be for him as a Laker. I see our front office as being inpatient and wanting to "jump" right back to the top. If one or more of these kids struggles or I could see us moving them. On a 17 win team who's used to winning a lot I'd say everyone is "make or break" at some point.
Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#32 » by Mirjalovic » Sat Oct 8, 2016 4:13 am

Landsberger wrote:
Mirjalovic wrote:Randle has a promising rookie season and no, this year is not his make or break season.

Maybe not "make or break" for Randle but it could be for him as a Laker. I see our front office as being inpatient and wanting to "jump" right back to the top. If one or more of these kids struggles or I could see us moving them. On a 17 win team who's used to winning a lot I'd say everyone is "make or break" at some point.

Lakers FO always patient. The impatient one is the Lakers fans.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#33 » by larry14r » Sat Oct 8, 2016 6:59 am

Mirjalovic wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

Thus why our fans are stupid.
XtotheDeezy
Veteran
And1: 1,790

Post#34 » by XtotheDeezy » Sat Oct 8, 2016 9:36 am

*not cool*

Slava
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#35 » by dockingsched » Sat Oct 8, 2016 12:05 pm

XtotheDeezy wrote:*not cool*

Slava

What the heck has Randle done off the court to make you say you hope he "wisens up his act"?
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
larry14r
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by larry14r » Sat Oct 8, 2016 12:18 pm

XtotheDeezy wrote:*not cool*

Slava

Cousins will already be traded to another team before we even try. Also Cousins behavior is worse than Randless and Luke won't be able to control that. Also the Kings want more than Randle.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#37 » by Landsberger » Sat Oct 8, 2016 4:26 pm

Mirjalovic wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

THIS front office has never developed any players other than Bynum. I'd say this is uncharted territory for Jimmy, Jeanie and Mitch. The last time we were digging out of a hole those positions were held by others and we did sell high and early with some younger players.

As for my patience. The first Laker Championship I watched from the sidelines was when the GM of that 90's rebuild was playing guard. I've seen 3 previous ground up rebuilds of this team so patience isn't my problem.

Some fans see what isn't there or what they wish was there IMHO. I truly couldn't care less about potential. What is being done is what is relevant. Progress from a reference point is important. Projection to the unknown not so much.

All that said, I am ambivalent on Randle. He's a high energy guy and has the ability to play in space. I love the effort and desire. Those attributes are valuable. If that's a valuable commodity to how we want to run the offense then we should keep him. I'm not seeing anything that telling me that he's a cornerstone player so for a team in the hole we are in and I'd hope we are looking at all options to make this team better including trading anyone on the roster.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers