ImageImageImageImageImage

10/21: Suns vs. Lakers Preseason FINALE | 7 PM PT

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Re: 10/21: Suns vs. Lakers Preseason FINALE | 7 PM PT 

Post#161 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:01 am

Couldn't agree more with Zubac. There's always that 'realpolitik' though. How's Jim lookin if Mozgov's not starting? $16+ a year, and your already jumping ship??

As much as Id like to see Zubac and Black get those minutes....I just don't think we'll see it.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,399

Post#162 » by Danny Darko » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:52 am

So youth up n downs aside how much better is this team's offense to watch already? Even when shots aren't dropping they share, they move off ball, there is an apparent system that isn't iso all day.

I still hate Lou, but even he was making some team oriented plays between his ever-present 1 foot 2 defender "i'm shooting a circus shot no matter what" moments.

Personnel observations:

Julius is a slow starter but if he can just pick up a little big game james, he'll be such a valuable piece. Also regarding moving to another position other than 4... he's a better 1 than 5. Even Larry looked better guarding 5's.

Larry's shot form is looking pretty good.

Ingram had a 19 year old game... passed up the 3s, drove and flailed, was not aggressive at the right times. But.. at least he's clearly a good player in the early phase, he plays D pretty well, and he's not being an idiot. Also he does look like a guy who can play some point fwd and it seems to keep him more focused.

Clarkson was MIA.. and for all the hype of his defense, I still saw absolute crap D from him. He's got the tools and his hands are good, but he still looks like Sasha playing D... minus being annoying to the other team, which actually was valuable. #fakehustle

Zubac amazingly still looks like he deserves 12 min a game. His offense was solid against Chandler and he's wayyy stronger lower body even as a teen for a guy that does run the court acceptably.

Yi needs to be the cut... his advocates point to his shooting, which has been dreadful. His strength isn't that strong.

Robinson IS the kind of guy you want if you are desperate for end of bench energy.

Nick shot like hell and still managed to contribute... damnit... or cool, or I don't remember how i'm supposed to feel about that.

Huertas woke up the team for that late stretch... damn- why can't that guy learn to shoot 3's at any semi-respectable percentage

Bottom dweller report:

We are better than the suns. Without Mozgov, Deng, and Calderon we were right there.
The suns might have as much or more talent, but it's so redundant at guard that they are unable to use it. If they make a savvy trade that could change, though. Watson is also not running any great system. Luke is a better coach with a better system.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#163 » by tugs » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:50 pm

Liked the Chriss-Nance matchup.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#164 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:34 pm

Didn't like our defense the last 5 games, to me seems like we declined game by game. Offense was off balance because of the lack of a consistent rotation, once we figure that out I see our second unit as the spark we need. Honestly that second unit should be JC,Larry, Jose,Tarik and Tiny Dog.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,399

Post#165 » by Danny Darko » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:18 pm

I have grown more into having JC off the bench, I just don't want the starter to be Lou

Return to Los Angeles Lakers