Staples Center seating query

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Staples Center seating query 

Post#1 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:52 am

Hi guys

I'm visiting LA next month from overseas, and I've bought tickets to a Lakers game as well as a Clippers game (booo)

Anyway, I've spent countless hours trying to figure this out online through seatgeek, aviewfrommyseat and many other websites. I even emailed the Staples center directly and although they responded their reply was somewhat confusing in the sense that they only half answered my question...so I'm hoping someone can settle this for my peace of mind as I paid quite a lot for my tickets

Question 1: Does the seating arrangement in the Staples center change for Lakers and Clippers games? The reason I ask this is that for the Clippers game I purchased a seat in section 102 Row B, and on the ticket it states courtside. So I assume this is behind the visitors bench, with row A obviously ahead of it, then a row for the trainers then the players

For the Lakers game the ticket states LOGE Center section 102 Row A.

I didn't find any option for a 'courtside' ticket when it came to Lakers games, there was one available which said 'wood' which I believe translates to courtside but literally the 1st row..I don't have that kind of money to throw around. But I want to make sure this LOGE center is still right behind the visitors bench i.e. players followed by trainers followed by Row A.

If it's not, and it's in the section behind that then I feel like I've been ripped off, as I paid quite a bit to get right in the action, I basically wanted to be able to hear the players/coaches during the game as it's a once in a lifetime opportunity living halfway across the world and the whole trip is costing me 1/2 a years pay

I hope someone here can clear this up, as I'm concerned about this LOGE center vs courtside

Thanks in advance :)
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Re: Staples Center seating query 

Post#2 » by Crooked-I » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:24 pm

Not sure about Clipper games, but I'm pretty sure for Laker games it goes courtside, a little gap then row A then row B. At least that's how it is for across the benches on the other side. I'm guessing it's the same thing for behind the benches except there's no courtside since that space is occupied by the players and trainers.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst

Post#3 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:14 pm

Thanks Crooked-I, hopefully you're right. I bought the ticket hoping Row A would mean I'm the first row of fans behind the players.

If anyone has sat in this Loge center section Row A and can confirm that would be great
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#4 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:26 pm

You're pretty much in the same area in the arena, the Loge is just a name the Lakers have like to use since the teams days at the Forum. You'll be sitting in the bottom bowl of the arena but your ticket for both games won't be exactly courtside.

Here's your view from section 102...

If you look at the bottom of the picture you'll see a barrier, you'll be in that second row which is row B.Pretty close and you'll hear all the game chatter.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst

Post#5 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:51 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:You're pretty much in the same area in the arena, the Loge is just a name the Lakers have like to use since the teams days at the Forum. You'll be sitting in the bottom bowl of the arena but your ticket for both games won't be exactly courtside.

If you look at the bottom of the picture you'll see a barrier, you'll be in that second row which is row B.Pretty close and you'll hear all the game chatter.

Thank you very much! Just to clarify, when you say 2nd Row do you mean the one in front of the barrier but 2nd row from the court or the 2nd row behind the barrier?

My ticket for the lakers game is in Row A
Crooked-I
General Manager

Post#6 » by Crooked-I » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:50 am

RakimAbdulJabar wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:You're pretty much in the same area in the arena, the Loge is just a name the Lakers have like to use since the teams days at the Forum. You'll be sitting in the bottom bowl of the arena but your ticket for both games won't be exactly courtside.

Thank you very much! Just to clarify, when you say 2nd Row do you mean the one in front of the barrier but 2nd row from the court or the 2nd row behind the barrier?

My ticket for the lakers game is in Row A

I'm pretty sure you''ll be right in front of that white barrier. I sat row 5 before on the opposite side and those seats started right after that barrier and row A and B was in front of that barrier.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst

Post#7 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:58 am

Thanks again for your input, I hope you're right!
notinbtnet
Junior
And1: 14

Post#8 » by notinbtnet » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:36 am

RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst

Post#9 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:55 am

Thanks Notinbtnet, I've seen the map/seating plans but I was confused because my ticket to the Clippers game says 'courtside Row B' and it's in the same section 102 which doesn't seem to actually have a courtside. I think they change the seats for lakers/Clippers games which is kinda weird, the court I understand but the seats is weird
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst

Post#10 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:48 pm

Sorry, just 1 last question. How early can you show up to your seat and is there any benefit? Like if I turn up 2-3 hours before tipoff will I see the players shooting around and possibly get a chance to meet them considering I'll be so close?
Crooked-I
General Manager

Post#11 » by Crooked-I » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:20 pm

RakimAbdulJabar wrote:Sorry, just 1 last question. How early can you show up to your seat and is there any benefit? Like if I turn up 2-3 hours before tipoff will I see the players shooting around and possibly get a chance to meet them considering I'll be so close?

Last season when I went they didn't let anyone in till like an hour or so before tip off. But last season was kind of an anomaly cuz it was Kobe's last season and literally everyone showed up early. Not sure if they changed things, but 4-5 years ago theyd let you in 2 hours before tip off. But an hour before tip off the players were all shooting around, not sure you'd actually get to meet them tho but you can try to scream at them theyll hear you lol.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst

Post#12 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:28 pm

Crooked-I wrote:
RakimAbdulJabar wrote:Sorry, just 1 last question. How early can you show up to your seat and is there any benefit? Like if I turn up 2-3 hours before tipoff will I see the players shooting around and possibly get a chance to meet them considering I'll be so close?

Last season when I went they didn't let anyone in till like an hour or so before tip off. But last season was kind of an anomaly cuz it was Kobe's last season and literally everyone showed up early. Not sure if they changed things, but 4-5 years ago theyd let you in 2 hours before tip off. But an hour before tip off the players were all shooting around, not sure you'd actually get to meet them tho but you can try to scream at them theyll hear you lol.

haha fair enough, I'll be too embarrassed to yell out since I'm going alone and I don't drink :lol: Now that I think about it, I don't really have anything I want to say to any of them anyway haha I guess I'd just like to get on the court and shoot around but I know that won't happen...I'd rather meet Jessica Alba if she's sitting in the area :nod: :D
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,870

Post#13 » by LakersLegacy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:59 am

Great seats. Have a great time. Come early check out the art gallery and team LA inside Staples if it's your first time. The Grammy museum is a few doors down too. U can hang there until an hour and a half before tip and then walk to the game with the fans. There is an espn zone across the street. The food isn't that good there tho. It's basically there for branding and there's a studio upstairs for sports center.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers