LA Daily News: Anonymous NBA Executive Opinions on the Lakers

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

LA Daily News: Anonymous NBA Executive Opinions on the Lakers 

Post#1 » by iamworthy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Kevin McHale, TNT analyst: “Luke’s biggest challenge is going to be on the defensive end with those guys. I watched the exhibition games. They’re not tied together. But they’re young kids. They don’t understand how to shrink the paint and how to get out and cover for each other … Luke will have some gray hair at the end of this year. I can’t wait to run into Luke and talk to him. He’ll do a great job with that team.”

Which Laker has the potential to become a superstar?

Anonymous NBA executive: Brandon Ingram. He’s by far the best player in the draft. Ben Simmons is a little bit overrated in that he’s more Lamar Odom than Magic Johnson. It will take time, no doubt. But Ingram has a chance to be really, really good.

Anonymous assistant coach: “D’Angelo is the one that stands out because he’ll have the ball in his hands all the time. He’s obviously going to touch the ball pretty much on every possession. His impact on the game will be felt early.”
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Re: Young Core Thread! 

Post#2 » by Slava » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:16 pm

We're not doing megathreads and considering half our squad is young we can start new threads for every news update instead of scrawling through 10+ pages to follow conversation, so please change thread title.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Re: Young Core Thread! 

Post#3 » by TKainZero » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:30 pm

Slava wrote:We're not doing megathreads and considering half our squad is young we can start new threads for every news update instead of scrawling through 10+ pages to follow conversation, so please change thread title.

I feel like for this season, we do have a young core 5.

Russell, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson and nance. (Maybe black gets in there as well)

This is the lakers young core, these are the 5 we roll with. With black/zubac/Robinson all are fringe candidates

Young, mozgov, deng, Lou Williams are usable vets
Metta is there for his reasons
Huertas, Calderon, Robinson end of bench guys

I like this young core 5
I like it as a 5 man lineup

Let's go lakers
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Re: LA Daily News: Anonymous NBA Executive Opinions on the Lakers 

Post#4 » by Landsberger » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:47 pm

Anonymous remarks = "We want to make sure the largest market has some excitement and viewership" Remember this is a billion dollar business first.... basketball is the product.

The Lakers are very important to not only the Laker's ownership but the entire league.

Going out on a limb with saying the most followed team will have one or both of it's two young talents on an all star team isn't much of a prediction unless they completely suck. Who votes for all star teams? Not league executives.... fans do.

I remember the 2003 draft class hype. LeBron, Darko and Melo. There were "anonymous" sources saying Bron was the second or 3rd best of the 3 and that Melo was the best. No one talked about Wade or Bosh much.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Re: LA Daily News: Anonymous NBA Executive Opinions on the Lakers 

Post#5 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Nov 1, 2016 2:05 am

iamworthy wrote:Anonymous NBA executive:[/b] Brandon Ingram. He’s by far the best player in the draft. Ben Simmons is a little bit overrated in that he’s more Lamar Odom than Magic Johnson. It will take time, no doubt. But Ingram has a chance to be really, really good.

I really agree with that executive. It was only 1 preseason game, but for about 15 minutes we got to see Ingram get into a comfortable groove. And I tell ya....the guy was drawing contact, he was faking guys. Making nice cuts, and attacking the rim. And straight attacking the defense, and making quick moves that resulted in good shots, that he mostly made. I'm of course rooting for all the young guys to do well.....but if that 1 game was any indication...I think we're gonna see Ingram turn into what everyone hoped Beasley would someday become.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers