ImageImageImageImageImage

Ingram vs. Brown

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Would you trade Brandon Ingram for Jaylen Brown?

Yes, at this point Brown looks like the better pick with more upside.
49%
No, Ingram is/will be the better player.
51%

Total votes: 86

Mirjalovic
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Re: Ingram vs. Brown 

Post#41 » by Mirjalovic » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:43 am

beantownski wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
beantownski wrote:
so that's why he was chosen over simmons then...

So Sam Bowie and Greg Odin's teams also clearly got the best prospects by that logic.

simmons was a consensus #1 pick before he even played a college game. ingram's underwhelming rookie year hasn't changed a thing.

scouts love flashy plays. I prefer Ingram since the beginning of last year.
shawn_hemp wrote: a guy who is far worse than Robert Covington in Brandon Ingram, and a guy who is no better than TJ McConnell or Tony Wroten in D'Angelo Russell.

Sixers fans...

Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Post#42 » by Tee212 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:47 am

brown looks like another al thorton, never heard of him since this thread lol
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#43 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:30 pm

I could actually understand this thread if Brown was having a good season.....
Princeinrevolt
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#44 » by Princeinrevolt » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:12 pm

How is the poll even close? Ingram is by far the better prospect.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#45 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:32 am

Michael Lucky wrote:I could actually understand this thread if Brown was having a good season.....

How is Brown having a bad rookie year, because he's not playing big minutes on the fifth best record in the league? I think it's too early to tell who the better player will be, but I see many people here saying it's obviously Ingram yet they don't give any arguement as to why. You're basically comparing one year of college vs one year of pro ball and there isn't a question what should be taken as a better outliner. Brown has def looked better this season, the only thing Ingram has shown over Brown this year is his passing. Their ts% isn't close, Brown's ws is 1.2 to Ingrams -.6 despite playing a lot less minutes, and Brown's defense has been better. Again, it's to early to tell who will be the better pro player, however Ingram has shown nothing this season that's points to it obviously being him. Brown has at least one elite talent of getting to the basket.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#46 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:37 am

Tee212 wrote:brown looks like another al thorton, never heard of him since this thread lol

Did you ever even watch Al Thornton play? Nevermind the fact that Thornton was a four year player and had a totally different physical build. I could imagine the hype Brown would be getting if he played for the Lakers.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,646

Post#47 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:01 am

I was critical of his movement midway through the season. I just didnt think he was agile or quick enough to be all that great. I said this and some on here told me I was wrong and that he was moving much better as the season has gone on. Well I caught the last couple of games and I have to admit I was wrong. Ingram is definitely moving much better out there and looked pretty damn quick tonight in some of his moves. He drove right by Blake with ease tonight and that kind of opened my eyes.

I still think Ingram had the highest potential in this draft with Brown right behind him and Simmons right behind Brown. Its way too early to give up on Ingram. I have to admit the potential lineup next year of

Ball
Russell
Ingram
Nance
Zubac

Is pretty damn intriguing. I think Clarkson and Randle would fit best coming off the bench, I just think Nance fits with that starting lineup better than Randle. Id say you probably have one more year of losing then the next year I think you guys could probably make a run to make it to the playoffs. That is a ton of young intriguing talent.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#48 » by The Skyhook » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:03 pm

While I didn't have much expectations for Ingram at the start of the season this is exactly the kind of break out I was hoping Ingram would after the All Star break. The kids confidence is growing game after game. Looking forward to seeing whether or not he'll be able to maintain this type of play in his 11 remaining games.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers