Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,404

Re: Community Thread LXII: Vaccines Can't Fix Stupid 

Post#222 » by Danny Darko » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:51 am

tugs wrote:STILL HERE DD!

Hey man, hope everything's ok. Just reminds me to look you up in Spotify

Thanks! I might release 4 albums this year... and begrudgingly put them up on spotify. I did also do an album that is only available here with the guys from David Bowie's band, Beck's band, and the drummer from soundgarden:

If you see Greatest Beer Run ever, also think of me as we did the original score. Been a pretty good run of hangs with Zac Effron, Woody Harrelson and some other cats and doing the next Farrelly Brother movie with John Cena...

That being said... music industry money sucks... finances are still an issue and I didn't buy a house when i could have and will probably rent forever at this point.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,448

Post#223 » by Slava » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:58 am

Danny Darko wrote:
tugs wrote:STILL HERE DD!

Hey man, hope everything's ok. Just reminds me to look you up in Spotify

Thanks! I might release 4 albums this year... and begrudgingly put them up on spotify. I did also do an album that is only available here with the guys from David Bowie's band, Beck's band, and the drummer from soundgarden:

If you see Greatest Beer Run ever, also think of me as we did the original score. Been a pretty good run of hangs with Zac Effron, Woody Harrelson and some other cats and doing the next Farrelly Brother movie with John Cena...

That being said... music industry money sucks... finances are still an issue and I didn't buy a house when i could have and will probably rent forever at this point.

You do get rich in life experience though. Woody is one of my favorite actors and apparently, he has a permanent seat at a poker table with Willie Nelson, Don Nelson and all the other assorted potheads, somewhere in Hawaii.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#224 » by Danny Darko » Wed Feb 1, 2023 9:15 am

Slava wrote:
You do get rich in life experience though. Woody is one of my favorite actors and apparently, he has a permanent seat at a poker table with Willie Nelson, Don Nelson and all the other assorted potheads, somewhere in Hawaii.

Woody is one of the most competitive guys I've ever seen without being loud about it, but when i walked in he was leaping near me and i grabbed him out of instinct... he was playing ping pong, after playing backgammon after playing chess and about to play beer pong haha. wife Luara is a very nice lady for the time we chatted too. Nothing bad to say about either for the day we spent (thanksgiving).
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#225 » by Landsberger » Sun Feb 5, 2023 8:33 pm

Danny Darko wrote:First of all I want to know how Sofa King is doing

Next all of y'all? new and old and of course we had something special as a forum for a long time that covid and westrbrook and Pelinka managed to completely f up.

I've been through the ringer... covid deaths, friends suicides, just had a friend murdered and David Crosby died after we cut an album and he was going to sing on a song I wrote that really needed him and we went through our own saltiness

I know i've been pretty mia and i'm just wondering- who's left? tony montana crazy but real... we need more of that. The starlet that got away almost twenty years ago.. kindof an amazing followup story out of the blue but I'm not going there if we can't rally as a board or platform.

The distance between "eras" of the Lakers, along with the lack of a long term solution by the FO has put me on the outside of THIS group of Lakers unfortunately. Just can't get up to turn the TV on right now.

I've gone through 3 job iterations in the last 4 years and have decided to basically retire from the "big data" field. Some of my previous work was put to.... let's say, less than honorable purposes by certain Federal entities and I'm ready to sell sno-cones on the beach now.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting what they need... interesting times...
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Post#226 » by EArl » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:32 am

lakerRD wrote:Just got back to the States from a week in Japan. Mainly Tokyo and Kyoto.

That is an amazing country with incredible people.
Can't wait to go back.

I was in Japan a couple of years ago. Great Country. I miss the food.
Once you get off the tourist path, it gets even better.
I went to this city on the Sea of Japan side called Kanazawa. People call it little Kyoto. It has all the history minus the tourist.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
EArl
RealGM

Post#227 » by EArl » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:33 am

Slava wrote:
lakerRD wrote:Just got back to the States from a week in Japan. Mainly Tokyo and Kyoto.

Can't wait to go back.

Nice! I’ve been planning a Nordic odyssey of sorts with the girlfriend for the coming year to see the Lapland, Route 1 in Iceland or maybe the Faroe Islands but Japan would be our ideal long distance destination. I’ve had friends who visited Tokyo and said the sushi at Tokyo harbor is a different level altogether.

I recommend Iceland around the ring road. My wife and I did it in two weeks in May a couple of years back on a camper van. One of the best experiences ive had in my life.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
EArl
RealGM

Post#228 » by EArl » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:36 am

Im still around. Not a lot of time nowadays to post. Im actually starting med school this Summer/Fall. Just have to figure out what school im going to first.

I just saw SK's post. I hope you're doing well, man. Recovering from a stroke is no easy feat, but it can be done!
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#229 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:27 am

EArl wrote:Im still around. Not a lot of time nowadays to post. Im actually starting med school this Summer/Fall. Just have to figure out what school im going to first.

I just saw SK's post. I hope you're doing well, man. Recovering from a stroke is no easy feat, but it can be done!

Great career choice. Wish you luck.
Formerly lakerRD
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#230 » by Slava » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:56 am

EArl wrote:
Slava wrote:

Can't wait to go back.

Nice! I’ve been planning a Nordic odyssey of sorts with the girlfriend for the coming year to see the Lapland, Route 1 in Iceland or maybe the Faroe Islands but Japan would be our ideal long distance destination. I’ve had friends who visited Tokyo and said the sushi at Tokyo harbor is a different level altogether.

I recommend Iceland around the ring road. My wife and I did it in two weeks in May a couple of years back on a camper van. One of the best experiences ive had in my life.

This might be what we end up doing but I let my license expire since moving away from the U.S. and never bothered getting one in Denmark. So I’ll have to get to that and it’s a bit of a chore with new driving tests and so forth. Another option is go island hopping in the Faroe Islands using the ferries.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#231 » by Sofa King » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:54 am

EArl wrote:Im still around. Not a lot of time nowadays to post. Im actually starting med school this Summer/Fall. Just have to figure out what school im going to first.

Im still recovering. Almost a year since my stroke on Febuary 23rd, 2022. Im still wheelchair bound, but walk daily with a hemi-walker.

I miss my previous life while working at Paramount Studios.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#232 » by Sofa King » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:04 am

Next all of y'all? new and old and of course we had something special as a forum for a long time that covid and westrbrook and Pelinka managed to completely f up.

I've been through the ringer... covid deaths, friends suicides, just had a friend murdered and David Crosby died after we cut an album and he was going to sing on a song I wrote that really needed him and we went through our own saltiness

I know i've been pretty mia and i'm just wondering- who's left? tony montana crazy but real... we need more of that. The starlet that got away almost twenty years ago.. kindof an amazing followup story out of the blue but I'm not going there if we can't rally as a board or platform.

Im still breathing. recovery and rehab still going. My health is overall good while handling my blood pressure and diabetes. Hopefully I will be able to walk again in 6 months.
Disabilty income just ran out so I need toapply for SSI from Social Security. Dont think I qualify for SSDI with 10 years of filings missing when I lived overseas. I just need to recover enough where I can get back to work again.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#233 » by Danny Darko » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:24 pm

Sofa King wrote:

Im still breathing. recovery and rehab still going. My health is overall good while handling my blood pressure and diabetes. Hopefully I will be able to walk again in 6 months.
Disabilty income just ran out so I need toapply for SSI from Social Security. Dont think I qualify for SSDI with 10 years of filings missing when I lived overseas. I just need to recover enough where I can get back to work again.

Oh man, well go em! I'm sure that's a lot, but I'm glad you are still grinding towards recovery.

I started having weird neuro episodes a few months ago they are thinking could be TIAs from longhauler syndrome. after 3 brutal episodes this week it appears I have lost a good amount of vision at distance. i'm getting all the tests now but it's scary for sure
ennui
General Manager
And1: 955

Post#234 » by ennui » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:18 am

First
C'mon, you apes! You wanna live forever?
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#235 » by tugs » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:38 am

Hey man what's poppin?!
tugs
RealGM

Post#236 » by tugs » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:39 am

Danny Darko wrote:
Sofa King wrote:

Oh man, well go em! I'm sure that's a lot, but I'm glad you are still grinding towards recovery.

I started having weird neuro episodes a few months ago they are thinking could be TIAs from longhauler syndrome. after 3 brutal episodes this week it appears I have lost a good amount of vision at distance. i'm getting all the tests now but it's scary for sure
Damn, get well soon, DD!
tugs
RealGM

Post#237 » by tugs » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:40 am

Sofa King wrote:

Praying for your speedy recovery, SK! You got this!
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Post#238 » by hermes » Fri Apr 7, 2023 4:16 am

pulling for everyone here :hug:

i'm still around the forums all the time but i don't make my way to laker land very often. basketball just doesn't do it for me anymore (except for women's college - caitlin clark is the truth guys :o )
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#239 » by Slava » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:25 am

There’s a Rick Rubin podcast with Phil Jackson as his first guest, well worth a listen. The second with Jerrod Carmichael is also quite fun.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#240 » by SashAlex » Thu May 11, 2023 4:21 am

Sofa King wrote:

Praying for your recovery, Sofa! You're the brightest/funniest person I've never met in person.

Hope you're doing better now after your last post.

Salute to all you guys, old and young dogs!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers