Re: Community Thread LXII: Vaccines Can't Fix Stupid 

Post#281 » by hermes » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:32 pm

is gek still in pittsburgh?
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#282 » by Sofa King » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:06 pm

hermes wrote:is gek still in pittsburgh?

I don't know for sure. Oddly enough I started my day opening a bookmark of RealGM but it wasn't to our Lakers Board.It was to the Pittsburg Pirates Community Thread. :banghead: :lol:

And thread is super old with posts from me,Geek, andDoorMatt. :o :o Both Lakers Board Legends!!!!!! :nod: :nod: 8-) 8-)

Man I had forgotten about DoorMatt!! :roll: :lol:

I miss the sarcastic banter we used to have on hear. :(
Sofa King
RealGM

Post#283 » by Sofa King » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:08 pm

Also....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Post#284 » by EArl » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:03 am

Sofa King wrote:Blast from the past. I just chatted with the lrgendary TonyMontana mang! He quit basketball sadly. Then I realized I could contact Gek too. Oh and Earl messaged me last week who's busy with med school.

Bringing the band back together is harder than I thought.

Sup guys. It's been hard to keep with life outside of school. Thanks for reaching out.
How have you all been? Its been a minute.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,448

Post#285 » by Slava » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:18 pm

Doing well man, I’m putting down roots in Copenhagen and hoping yo grow up in the process. How far are you with medical school and have you made a specialization yet?
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
EArl
RealGM

Post#286 » by EArl » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:05 am

I'm barely in my 4th week of first year. The material isn't hard, it's just a lot of information in a short amount of time.
As for specialization, I wouldn't apply until 4th year. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the process in the U.S. I know it differs in other countries.
However, my current main interest is Neurology. I may change my mind. Before I started school, I was gung ho about emergency medicine. We will see what happens once I start clinicals in my third year and get a better feel for certain specialties.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#287 » by Slava » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:12 am

EArl wrote:I'm barely in my 4th week of first year. The material isn't hard, it's just a lot of information in a short amount of time.
As for specialization, I wouldn't apply until 4th year. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the process in the U.S. I know it differs in other countries.
However, my current main interest is Neurology. I may change my mind. Before I started school, I was gung ho about emergency medicine. We will see what happens once I start clinicals in my third year and get a better feel for certain specialties.

Oh for some reason I thought you were further along as we haven’t posted here in a long time. My ex a long while ago did emergency medicine in Chicago and she’d advise people to do anything but and she eventually switched over to ENT.
EArl
RealGM

Post#288 » by EArl » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:22 am

Slava wrote:
EArl wrote:I'm barely in my 4th week of first year. The material isn't hard, it's just a lot of information in a short amount of time.

Oh for some reason I thought you were further along as we haven’t posted here in a long time. My ex a long while ago did emergency medicine in Chicago and she’d advise people to do anything but and she eventually switched over to ENT.

I kept flipping back and forth about what I wanted to do. I gave up on going to med school and was leaning towards becoming a PA (physician assistant) because of the shorter training. I decided at the last that I didnt want that, so I switched back to the med school route which meant retaking a bunch of expired classes etc.
Yeah, emergency medicine has been on the decline for various reasons. Apparently, it's hard to get a job in a big city. The market is oversaturated. ENT is a good gig from what I hear.
Sofa King
RealGM

Post#289 » by Sofa King » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:04 pm

Whoa, I'm glad to have checked this thread again as I was super busy the past few weeks especially due to my recent medical 911 emergency. I stayed at Queen of the Valley hospital. And I did post about it via FACEBOOK which anyone can read as some posts are public.
Erael! good to see you back here if its only for a short visit.

Its funny to me you guys talking about ENTs and nuerologists. Im getting a ENT soon and seeing an ENT for the first time. I also have had plenty of experince with neurologist having seen 3 of them in the past 1,5 year and waiting for approval for a different neurologist to get better treatment with all my symptoms. :nod: :nonono: :banghead:

If you guys want to foloow my joureney on FACEBOOK like how I added in the past hermes, GEK, EARL, TONYMONTANA, RIOTSWEETIE, ETC. I can share my link 8-)
Sofa King
RealGM

Post#290 » by Sofa King » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:09 pm

apologies for my misspellings acove. I dont type 80 words per minute like I normally do since my strokes and now Im limited to chicken pecking and posting on here takes so much longer
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#291 » by Slava » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:56 pm

Godspeed and get well man.
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#292 » by Wavy Q » Tue Oct 3, 2023 10:23 pm

Hey guys been a long time, hope everyone's doing well.

I finished my surgical residency and work at USC Keck hospital now, still watching all the games but my time has been extremely limited and havent looked at forums and whatnot for quite a while. Cool to see a lot of the old names still around though.
EArl
RealGM

Post#293 » by EArl » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:29 pm

Wavy Q wrote:Hey guys been a long time, hope everyone's doing well.

I finished my surgical residency and work at USC Keck hospital now, still watching all the games but my time has been extremely limited and havent looked at forums and whatnot for quite a while. Cool to see a lot of the old names still around though.

Sup Stephano. Did you general or something else?
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#294 » by Wavy Q » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:47 pm

EArl wrote:
Wavy Q wrote:Hey guys been a long time, hope everyone's doing well.

Sup Stephano. Did you general or something else?

Went into orthopedics. One of my relatives is an orthopedic surgeon and recommended me that pathway for a lot of different reasons lol
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,403

Post#295 » by Danny Darko » Tue Dec 5, 2023 5:36 am

Where's Tony when you need him to validate a stupidly expensive vehicle purchase?!

DoctaJ
Sixth Man
And1: 401

Post#296 » by DoctaJ » Tue Dec 5, 2023 3:16 pm

Haven't been that close to one but I do love the look of those Broncos
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#297 » by Slava » Tue Dec 5, 2023 5:13 pm

That looks sweet!
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#298 » by Danny Darko » Wed Dec 6, 2023 3:07 am

yeah I love it. it's shorter than my truck, really quick with the turbo, and it's cool to take the top off, though it does sound like the window is a crack sometimes on the freeway (well worth it). So far a pavement princess, but hoping to take it over some snow near lake arrowhead in a few weeks.
D J C
Pro Prospect
And1: 516

Post#299 » by D J C » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:30 pm

Hope its cool I post this here. Ive been around for quite a while as you can see from my account, not just some random spamming their site.

I started a new clothing company, focusing on unique graphic designs made by yours truly. Everything is good quality, 100% cotton, most of it manufactured here in the US.

Have a couple LA inspired designs up so far, among quite about of others. Adding more every day.

If you want to check it out - http://www.hotc.co

Much love
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#300 » by Danny Darko » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:04 am

D J C wrote:Hope its cool I post this here. Ive been around for quite a while as you can see from my account, not just some random spamming their site.

I started a new clothing company, focusing on unique graphic designs made by yours truly. Everything is good quality, 100% cotton, most of it manufactured here in the US.

Have a couple LA inspired designs up so far, among quite about of others. Adding more every day.

If you want to check it out - http://www.hotc.co

Much love

I like the designs. I'm picky about shirts and it looks like a beefy or standard cut, I'll say this-

I want ring spun cotton and I want the taper that you find in into the am https://www.intotheam.com/

Return to Los Angeles Lakers