ImageImageImageImageImage

The remaining 23 games

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 495

Re: The remaining 23 games 

Post#201 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sun Apr 2, 2023 1:54 pm

Someone break down what we need to do to get 6 seed and avoid 5 seed. My head is spinning from all the scenarios
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#202 » by LAKESHOW » Sun Apr 2, 2023 2:27 pm

How'd those sob Clippers lose to the Pelicans? Now they got 6th. Rat bastards
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,754

Post#203 » by ROballer » Sun Apr 2, 2023 2:37 pm

That's their plan. Both them and the Warriors will try to avoid #5.
6/7 are the perfect seedings because you get an easier matchup than Phoenix in the 1st round, and you avoid Denver in the 2nd round as well.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#204 » by stan francisco » Sun Apr 2, 2023 9:03 pm

Kobe’s view on matchups; to be the best you gotta beat the best, so what team we face when doesn’t matter.

And that’s of course true, unless you have key players working themselves back from injury.

Play the right way, to win every game by hard nosed defense, no hedging!
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#205 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Apr 3, 2023 3:00 am

We currently sit 6th! Clipps ahead of us at 5. We own tie breaker with GS! Hold on...let me get my calculator out and re run the numbers
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#206 » by Pythagoras » Mon Apr 3, 2023 3:04 am

LAKESHOW wrote:We currently sit 6th! Clipps ahead of us at 5. We own tie breaker with GS! Hold on...let me get my calculator out and re run the numbers

Stars currently aligning for the Lakers to move into the 5th seed. If Lakers win out, it’s theirs…

Two games left against the Jazz… High chance to win both.

Game left against the Suns who will have the 4th seed locked up by the time they play them so they may very well rest their stars.

Everything may come down to that huge matchup against the Clippers.
Numbers rule the universe.
General Manager

Post#207 » by Showtime:Part2 » Mon Apr 3, 2023 3:38 am

Honestly fk it. If the warriors and clips wanna be btchs and avoid the 5 seed, let’s show em what champions are made of. Let’s take the 5 seed and crush Phx. Why should we be scared? And the earlier we face them, the less time kd has to gel w his teammates. Let the other two franchises play w a loser mentality. They know they’re not contenders like us and it shows
Warspite:

To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#208 » by xinxin » Mon Apr 3, 2023 4:01 am

I like where the team is right now.

Good team from top to bottom. Everyone can contribute.

& I think both Lebron & AD know it.

This should be an interesting playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,309

Post#209 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Apr 3, 2023 4:45 am

LAKESHOW wrote:We currently sit 6th! Clipps ahead of us at 5. We own tie breaker with GS! Hold on...let me get my calculator out and re run the numbers

If there’s a tripe tie, don’t they go with conference record??? If yes GSW gets 5th
Or is it point differential?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#210 » by stan francisco » Mon Apr 3, 2023 10:35 am

13-6.

There are three teams that I worry the most about in a seven game series from a matchup point of view: Clippers, Denver, Celtics.

I’m very worried about D Lo’s-defense, but now when we got to see one half with and one half without him, I’m less concerned due to the good defense off the bench. Main question is how much Ham will be able to use him. Ty Lue will make D Lo have to play pick n roll defense on Leonard and Zubac every possession until D Lo is benched. Denver and Boston will do the same, only better.

To reduce factual observations seen as D Lo hate, edit.
That_Casual
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#211 » by That_Casual » Mon Apr 3, 2023 11:36 am

stan francisco wrote:13-6.

There are three teams that I worry the most about in a seven game series from a matchup point of view: Clippers, Denver, Celtics.

I’m very worried about D Lo’s-defense, but now when we got to see one half with and one half without him, I’m less concerned due to the good defense off the bench. Main question is how much Ham will be able to use him. Ty Lue will make D Lo have to play pick n roll defense on Leonard and Zubac every possession until D Lo is benched. Denver and Boston will do the same, only better. This is why any lineup needs to be based on the best defense. His defense is barely third string, sadly.

Do you ever stop with your D’Lo hate.

You literally want Lonnie Walker to start and then smack talk D’Lo’s defence :lol: .
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#212 » by stan francisco » Mon Apr 3, 2023 12:10 pm

That_Casual wrote:

I’m very worried about D Lo’s-defense, but now when we got to see one half with and one half without him, I’m less concerned due to the good defense off the bench. Main question is how much Ham will be able to use him. Ty Lue will make D Lo have to play pick n roll defense on Leonard and Zubac every possession until D Lo is benched. Denver and Boston will do the same, only better. This is why any lineup needs to be based on the best defense. His defense is barely third string, sadly.

You literally want Lonnie Walker to start and then smack talk D’Lo’s defence :lol: .

Because he doesn’t try to hide on defense, yes. Lonnie kicked ass before the TD.
That_Casual
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#213 » by That_Casual » Mon Apr 3, 2023 1:05 pm

stan francisco wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

Because he doesn’t try to hide on defense, yes. Lonnie kicked ass before the TD.

Lonnie kicked ass :lol:

He’s braindead on offence and horrific on defence.
General Manager

Post#214 » by Showtime:Part2 » Mon Apr 3, 2023 7:48 pm

That_Casual wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

Lonnie kicked ass :lol:

He’s braindead on offence and horrific on defence.

Neither of u have to worry bc dlo is made of glass so odds are he misses 1 out of any 2 games and we can all see a little of everyone we want!
Warspite:

MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#215 » by MAMBAEMD » Mon Apr 3, 2023 7:58 pm

4 games left:

4/4 @Utah
4/5 @Clipps
4/7 Suns
4/9 Utah

We need to win 3 of these games to have a shot at the 6th seed.
The game tomorrow @Utah is a tricky one to me. I worry about that game as much as the game against the Clips and the Suns.
Utah always plays us hard on their floor, and THT will be gunning for us.
Formerly lakerRD
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#216 » by Pythagoras » Tue Apr 4, 2023 6:48 pm

lakerRD wrote:4 games left:

4/4 @Utah
4/5 @Clipps
4/7 Suns
4/9 Utah

We need to win 3 of these games to have a shot at the 6th seed.
The game tomorrow @Utah is a tricky one to me. I worry about that game as much as the game against the Clips and the Suns.
Utah always plays us hard on their floor, and THT will be gunning for us.

Kessler, Clarkson, and Markkanen are out.

DLo and AD are probable.

Should be a win. Honestly, might be a game to consider holding LBJ out of in anticipation of the Clippers game tomorrow.
Numbers rule the universe.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#217 » by MAMBAEMD » Tue Apr 4, 2023 7:23 pm

I really think we need at least 2 of the 3 (LBJ, AD, or DLo) to play tonight, and maybe all 3 in limited minutes hopefully.

We can't risk not winning by holding them out.
Ideally, all 3 play and we manage to get a big lead so they rest the 4th, to be ready for the paper Clips.
Formerly lakerRD
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#218 » by mighty_duck » Tue Apr 4, 2023 8:17 pm

lakerRD wrote:Utah always plays us hard on their floor, and THT will be gunning for us.

By all means THT, shoot as much as you like buddy!
It'll be nice seeing those 0.29% on 3 pointers help us for a change...

If we aren't allowing AD and LBJ to play back-to-back, what do we do? Split them up? Who plays which game?
The Clipper game has more ramifications, since forcing a Clipper loss may allow us to move up.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#219 » by stan francisco » Wed Apr 5, 2023 12:08 am

I’d guess one of them sits, probably AD. Man, are we thin down low.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,309

Post#220 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:43 am

mighty_duck wrote:
lakerRD wrote:Utah always plays us hard on their floor, and THT will be gunning for us.

By all means THT, shoot as much as you like buddy!
It'll be nice seeing those 0.29% on 3 pointers help us for a change...

If we aren't allowing AD and LBJ to play back-to-back, what do we do? Split them up? Who plays which game?
The Clipper game has more ramifications, since forcing a Clipper loss may allow us to move up.

Move up to 5th to play the Suns with KD, Booker, CP3 and Ayton you mean?
About playing who against what team, how about playing them both but just 2nd halves against both teams?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers