GT: Bulls at Lakers 3/26/23

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

GT: Bulls at Lakers 3/26/23 

Post#1 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:22 pm

LBJ is back!

Pat Bev and Caruso will try to make statements.

DLo is out again.

ESPN is reporting that DeMar will be out too.
White and Lavine will be the main offensive threats. Our bigs have to play Vucevic tough. (Man I wish we had another big for games like this. Whiteside would have been good).

Lets go Lakers!!!
Formerly lakerRD
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant

Re: GT: Bulls at Lakers 3/26/23 

Post#2 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:43 pm

Troy Brown with a huge 3 to start.
Love Vandy's hustle all over the place.
Formerly lakerRD
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:00 pm

LBJ with his first points coming off the bench.
Formerly lakerRD
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:11 pm

This lineup by Ham makes no sense at all.
Bulls on a 11-2 run.
Formerly lakerRD
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:14 pm

Drummond of all people is embarrassing AD right now
Formerly lakerRD
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:16 pm

Bulls up 15.
Ham finally calls time out.
I think 4 plays too late.
Horrible defense.
Horrible coaching so far.
Formerly lakerRD
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:49 pm

At the half, the Bulls are shooting 60% from the field, out-assisting us 19-12, and we have 10 turn overs to their 3.
Their bench has scored 31 points to our 14.
Formerly lakerRD
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:54 pm

9-0 run by the Bulls to start the 2nd half.
Really unbelievable.
Formerly lakerRD
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 230

Post#9 » by cheese318 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:15 pm

9-0 run to start 2Q. 13-2 run to start 3Q. Ham has some awful lineups especially after the 1Q. Anytime this team has any remote sign of momentum they completely fall on their face. Russell now missing two games in a row, LBJ comes back and guarantee AD will have an issue with his hand that will cause him to miss time. They have such lazy defense sometimes, how many wide open threes have they given up? They just awful defending the 3pt shot
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by cheese318 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:16 pm

lakerRD wrote:At the half, the Bulls are shooting 60% from the field, out-assisting us 19-12, and we have 10 turn overs to their 3.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by cheese318 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:18 pm

lakerRD wrote:At the half, the Bulls are shooting 60% from the field, out-assisting us 19-12, and we have 10 turn overs to their 3.

Ham just has poor lineup management. Also LAL have no size whatsoever. Gabriel going to guard Drummond? Schroeder needed to be on the court to start the 2Q. They just look like they are sucking wind out there and the Bulls played last night. Giving up wide open threes. LBJ has no legs underneath him as well
Hoopzilla wrote:
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:28 pm

That's pretty much it for this game.
AD with 5 fouls. No defensive presence on the inside or outside.
DeMar just hit 2 threes.
20 point deficit in the 4th.

We'll hope for a better effort next game.
Today's effort was pure trash.
Formerly lakerRD
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,976

Post#13 » by Landsberger » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:01 pm

So... anyone think the problem may be LeBron? The flow was noticeably different on both ends. How does Davis play 36 min and get only 8 shots?

What little momentum we had could be out the window that performance.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#14 » by LAKESHOW » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:20 pm

They were attacking and attempting to pound the interior. Whether it worked or not, they kept at it. Opposing coaches see that as a scouted weakness. We need to get AD another helper to shore up the middle
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,252

Post#15 » by Kilroy » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:20 pm

Landsberger wrote:So... anyone think the problem may be LeBron? The flow was noticeably different on both ends. How does Davis play 36 min and get only 8 shots?

I do... The offense of this team never looks that comfortable with LeBron... No one but him is in rhythm... Like everyone is trying to feed off him, but he never really gets going.

LeBron and AD need to figure out that if this team wants to just have a chance to win it all, AD needs to eat first and often... If he doesn't, it takes him out of the game on both ends of the floor and it clogs up the paint... We're at our best when AD is the focal point and Reaves and Schroder are attacking and kicking... Not when LeBron is posting guys up at the top of the key and dribbling for 8sec.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,976

Post#16 » by Landsberger » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:50 am

Kilroy wrote:
Landsberger wrote:So... anyone think the problem may be LeBron? The flow was noticeably different on both ends. How does Davis play 36 min and get only 8 shots?

I do... The offense of this team never looks that comfortable with LeBron... No one but him is in rhythm... Like everyone is trying to feed off him, but he never really gets going.

LeBron and AD need to figure out that if this team wants to just have a chance to win it all, AD needs to eat first and often... If he doesn't, it takes him out of the game on both ends of the floor and it clogs up the paint... We're at our best when AD is the focal point and Reaves and Schroder are attacking and kicking... Not when LeBron is posting guys up at the top of the key and dribbling for 8sec.

It reminds me of "late career Jordan". Still one of the best players but that gap had closed quite a bit. Bron is very ball dominant and feels comfortable with everyone playing off his ability to get to the basket. Little in the way of offside motion when he's on the floor.

If we're keeping he and Davis we need a coach that runs a motion offense that has enough juice to tell LeBron it's time to be part of a team instead of the team being part of you.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 340

Post#17 » by Hans1984 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:45 am

What the hell was that game? There was no urgency from start to finish. I thought they were trying to get into the playoffs ?
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,342

Post#18 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:40 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

It reminds me of "late career Jordan". Still one of the best players but that gap had closed quite a bit. Bron is very ball dominant and feels comfortable with everyone playing off his ability to get to the basket. Little in the way of offside motion when he's on the floor.

If we're keeping he and Davis we need a coach that runs a motion offense that has enough juice to tell LeBron it's time to be part of a team and have the team be part of you.

OMG, lebron comes back and now he is the problem? Was he to blame when with the horrible losses to Houston, Dallas and NY too? :banghead:
I am not saying his game is flawless, yes, those iso plays and horrible 3pt shots makes me sick too but it is possible that you guys ar cherry picking?
Beat top teams like Denver 2x, beat the Bucks, Memphis, Kings, great come back vs Dallas on the road.
Boston needed OT's, twice to be beat them same with the Sixers, most of these was having to work with the ill fitting Russ, was the he problem too back then?
This particular game, Bulls shot 45% from 3, 54% FG, was James to blame, really? :nonono:
AD had horrible/passive games before, with or without Lebron. There are people who tend to relax when there are other good hard workers around, and it's very possible too that AD is very exhausted. This guy is not built to work very hard for like 15-25 games straight.
Again I am not saying Lebron's style has a negative effect to this team, sure, he tends to hold the ball too much and affect the flow but for me, it's also about getting familiar with new teammates and working with a rookie coach.
About keeping Lebron and DAvis, I hope and PRAY, that Rob will not extend them after 2025. I anticipate a regressing James and AD by that time, so hopefully, they would have a few solid players to complement the new Free agents by that time.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,252

Post#19 » by Kilroy » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:23 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

If we're keeping he and Davis we need a coach that runs a motion offense that has enough juice to tell LeBron it's time to be part of a team and have the team be part of you.

OMG, lebron comes back and now he is the problem? Was he to blame when with the horrible losses to Houston, Dallas and NY too? :banghead:
I am not saying his game is flawless, yes, those iso plays and horrible 3pt shots makes me sick too but it is possible that you guys ar cherry picking?
Beat top teams like Denver 2x, beat the Bucks, Memphis, Kings, great come back vs Dallas on the road.
Boston needed OT's, twice to be beat them same with the Sixers, most of these was having to work with the ill fitting Russ, was the he problem too back then?
This particular game, Bulls shot 45% from 3, 54% FG, was James to blame, really? :nonono:
AD had horrible/passive games before, with or without Lebron. There are people who tend to relax when there are other good hard workers around, and it's very possible too that AD is very exhausted. This guy is not built to work very hard for like 15-25 games straight.
Again I am not saying Lebron's style has a negative effect to this team, sure, he tends to hold the ball too much and affect the flow but for me, it's also about getting familiar with new teammates and working with a rookie coach.
About keeping Lebron and DAvis, I hope and PRAY, that Rob will not extend them after 2025. I anticipate a regressing James and AD by that time, so hopefully, they would have a few solid players to complement the new Free agents by that time.

We were a sub-500 team with essentially no shot at the playoffs with LeBron leading and AD out... Lebron's game is fine in a vacuum, but he's the leader of this team and it's time for him to accept he can't carry a team to the playoffs by himself anymore... He needs AD to do most of the heavy lifting and he needs his shooters to stay engaged... And he needs to play Defense and not watch as Pat Bev torches him to the basket...

And can someone explain to me why every time there's a game (with the Lakers or previous teams) where you think heading in that, "LeBron's going to light it up tonight!!!" Lebron comes out flat and seems to take the team with him? Every time we have a big game... Christmas, Play-in, whatever... If it's a huge game, LeBron comes out flat every time and takes pretty much until the second half to get going... Why?
The only time he shows any intensity from tipoff is in the playoffs and even then, there's been a few closeout games we seemed to sleep walk through the first half...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,490

Post#20 » by JVL » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:40 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

It's classic Lakers board at this point.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers