ImageImageImageImageImage

What’s The Malik Beasley Trade This Offseason?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

That_Casual
Sophomore
And1: 35

Re: What’s The Malik Beasley Trade This Offseason? 

Post#41 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:40 am

D’Lo + Beasley + 2029 FRP for Kyrie.

That’s the damn trade because you can’t have AD aa your #2 option (supposed to be #1 by this point) and expect to win. He can’t be trusted. So try get Kyrie.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#42 » by DanishLakerFan » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:14 am

ROballer wrote:
DanishLakerFan wrote:
Spens1 wrote:Buddy Hield? He's the right type of player also and is an upgrade over Beasley.

Buddy Hield would be solid as hell. He's a much better and more consistent 3pt shooter than Beasley, but the question is whether they're willing to cough up a the 1st round pick to get him.

As much as i would like the Lakers to chase a major player i think it may come down to the contract situation on the team.

They have to lock in as many of their current guys as they can (Rui, Reaves, D'Lo, Schroeder, Troy Brown Jr.), but that's going to be so expensive that they may have to let Beasley walk.

That's precisely what they are going to do so all the trade scenario shenanigans need to cease.
We're not the Warriors, Jeanie is not paying hundreds of millions of dollars in tax money because random people on the internet want "upgrades" over players giving zero production.

Beasley and Bamba account for 26 million next year while not giving an ounce of impact back. You can't root for the guys who are impacting the game, getting paid their due(the trio we all know about)...while also pouting about upgrades with Beasley and Bamba's salary.

It
is
not
happening

This is a non worthy thread to be had honestly. Beasley is gone with zero salary in return. Bamba as well.

I'm almost 100% convinced we're keeping Reaves, Russell and Rui at any cost, so the only upgrades we'll be doing is with the picks and via the minimum salary market. And people should be ok with this.

I wouldn't go that far. They should attempt to keep all those guys, but you could easily imagine a situation where one of them goes elsewhere at a price that is too steep for LA. Or maybe an opportunity presents itself. I mean, if someone like Jerami Grant or Fred VanVleet wants to hit free agency and express interest in joining the Lakers i think it would make sense work something out.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,557

Post#43 » by stan francisco » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:23 am

Again, along with Beasley, Russ should in my humble view not be resigned because he plays contact free basketball and picks up cheap fouls just the same way he did several years ago. Beasley plays no real defense either. S&T for both? Add Bamba and we might get ourselves a starting grade two way PG…
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#44 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:32 pm

stan francisco wrote:Again, along with Beasley, Russ should in my humble view not be resigned because he plays contact free basketball and picks up cheap fouls just the same way he did several years ago. Beasley plays no real defense either. S&T for both? Add Bamba and we might get ourselves a starting grade two way PG…

You keep saying this crap but don’t actually provide any names.

D’Lo, Beasley and Bamba is like $55m worth of contract. Who’s this two way PG you’re signing for that? What’s the trade there? Because the team you trade with would be hard capped remember.

The only point guard S&T out there realistically is Kyrie or James Harden. Neither of which play any defence. Out of those 2 i’m taking Kyrie because you can trust him to score in the big moments.

I’m running the numbers now and we can probably just about afford it and stay under the projected $170m tax apron. But it depends on what Rui and Reaves want. I’m budgeting them at $13m on the cap next season.

The big issue is the LeBron contract to be honest. $47m against the cap. I love Bron but honestly, he can’t say it’s win at all costs when he’s taking $47m at 39 year old playing maybe 60 regular season games. If he had even taken $40m it would have given the team so much more room to breathe on any potential sign and trade.

But yeah, i’m trying the Kyrie trade. I like D’Lo but he isn’t built for the play offs. He’s a major reason we even made it to them, so thanks for that, but his below average defence means he gets hunted and he doesn’t make up for it by giving you 20 a night.

D’Lo and Beasley with the 2029 pick for Kyrie. You’d then need to waive Bamba, and give the MLE to Dennis or Troy, and then fill the rest of the team out with Vet mins.

PG - Kyrie Irving ($47m).
SG - Austin Reaves ($13m).
SF - Lebron James ($46.7m).
PF - Jarred Vanderbilt ($4.7m).
C - Anthony Davis ($40.6m).
-
PG - Dennis Schroder ($MLE).
SG - $VETMIN (No Idea. Might need to promote Max).
SF - $VETMIN (Doubt TBJ takes another vet, so maybe Yuta Watanabe?)
PF - Rui Hachimura ($13m).
C - $VETMIN (Bamba after being waived? Thomas Bryant coming back maybe?)
-
PG - $VETMIN (Aaron Holiday?)
SG - Max Christie ($1.8m).
SF - $VETMIN (Stanley Johnson?)
PF - $VETMIN (Wenyen Gabriel?)
C - $VETMIN (Tristan Thompson?)

Total - $167m.
-

The third string being filled out by vet min guys is no issue. Having 3 as your #8/9/10 guy might be tough though so Rob would need to do a good job this off season. Not impossible though. He got Dennis, TBJ, and Thomas Bryant on vet mins this season.

There is the issue that the 1st rounder in the 2023 draft will take $3m on the cap so we’d be over the apron potentially, so if we sign Kyrie then we’ll need to trade that (attach it to Shaq Harrison rather than waiving his deal) along with the 2023 second round pick, and try get back as good a player as possible who makes $2m. There are a few good ones. Jaden Hardy or Isaiah Joe for example.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran

Post#45 » by DanishLakerFan » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:57 pm

That_Casual wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Again, along with Beasley, Russ should in my humble view not be resigned because he plays contact free basketball and picks up cheap fouls just the same way he did several years ago. Beasley plays no real defense either. S&T for both? Add Bamba and we might get ourselves a starting grade two way PG…

D’Lo, Beasley and Bamba is like $55m worth of contract. Who’s this two way PG you’re signing for that? What’s the trade there? Because the team you trade with would be hard capped remember.

The only point guard S&T out there realistically is Kyrie or James Harden. Neither of which play any defence. Out of those 2 i’m taking Kyrie because you can trust him to score in the big moments.

I’m running the numbers now and we can probably just about afford it and stay under the projected $170m tax apron. But it depends on what Rui and Reaves want. I’m budgeting them at $13m on the cap next season.

The big issue is the LeBron contract to be honest. $47m against the cap. I love Bron but honestly, he can’t say it’s win at all costs when he’s taking $47m at 39 year old playing maybe 60 regular season games. If he had even taken $40m it would have given the team so much more room to breathe on any potential sign and trade.

But yeah, i’m trying the Kyrie trade. I like D’Lo but he isn’t built for the play offs. He’s a major reason we even made it to them, so thanks for that, but his below average defence means he gets hunted and he doesn’t make up for it by giving you 20 a night.

D’Lo and Beasley with the 2029 pick for Kyrie. You’d then need to waive Bamba, and give the MLE to Dennis or Troy, and then fill the rest of the team out with Vet mins.

-
-

Total - $167m.
-

The third string being filled out by vet min guys is no issue. Having 3 as your #8/9/10 guy might be tough though so Rob would need to do a good job this off season. Not impossible though. He got Dennis, TBJ, and Thomas Bryant on vet mins this season.

There is the issue that the 1st rounder in the 2023 draft will take $3m on the cap so we’d be over the apron potentially, so if we sign Kyrie then we’ll need to trade that (attach it to Shaq Harrison rather than waiving his deal) along with the 2023 second round pick, and try get back as good a player as possible who makes $2m. There are a few good ones. Jaden Hardy or Isaiah Joe for example.

Kyrie has torpedoed his 3 last teams. Often injured or on a weird hiatus. **** that ****.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by stan francisco » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:47 pm

That_Casual wrote:

-
-

Total - $167m.
-

If we sign D Lo and Beasley to trade them to an interested party, I’d have to first know who is interested. Sure as hell not for flat earth Kanye Irving. We’ll know more about who that suitor is after the playoffs are over. A trade of those two and Bamba should be good for a team lacking scoring.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#47 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:42 pm

DanishLakerFan wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

-
-

Total - $167m.
-

Kyrie has torpedoed his 3 last teams. Often injured or on a weird hiatus. **** that ****.

Don’t care.

He’s elite. He had nothing to do with Dallas collapse. Brooklyn was on him.

Stick him with Bron for a couple seasons and I feel confident he gets us a title. Maybe two actually.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#48 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:00 pm

stan francisco wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

-
-

Total - $167m.
-

If we sign D Lo and Beasley to trade them to an interested party, I’d have to first know who is interested. Sure as hell not for flat earth Kanye Irving. We’ll know more about who that suitor is after the playoffs are over. A trade of those two and Bamba should be good for a team lacking scoring.

Again… name a single player who fits this idea? You can’t just say oh trade $55m in contracts to someone who has two way PG.

Which bloody team is taking $55m worth of contracts in?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by stan francisco » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:26 am

That_Casual wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
That_Casual wrote:You keep saying this crap but don’t actually provide any names.

-
-

Total - $167m.
-

Again… name a single player who fits this idea? You can’t just say oh trade $55m in contracts to someone who has two way PG.

Many teams can be used as trading partners. It doesn’t have to be one. Why do you put false words in people’s mouth only to then argue ‘against’?
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#50 » by That_Casual » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:25 am

stan francisco wrote:
That_Casual wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Many teams can be used as trading partners. It doesn’t have to be one. Why do you put false words in people’s mouth only to then argue ‘against’?

Again… care to actually provide a name?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by stan francisco » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:37 am

That_Casual wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

Like I said above. When the season is over pieces will start to move. And it’s once more probably at least two trading partners to trade D Lo, Beasley (and Bamba) away. Do you read?
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#52 » by That_Casual » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:01 am

stan francisco wrote:
That_Casual wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Like I said above. When the season is over pieces will start to move. And it’s once more probably at least two trading partners to trade D Lo, Beasley (and Bamba) away. Do you read?

And AGAIN(!!!!) name the damn two way point guard who you think would be able available and realistic to trade for with the assets we have.

Are you **** dense.

Warned again for personal attack. - Kilroy
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by stan francisco » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:31 am

That_Casual wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

And AGAIN(!!!!) name the damn two way point guard who you think would be able available and realistic to trade for with the assets we have.

Are you **** dense.

:nod:

Very.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#54 » by That_Casual » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:01 am

stan francisco wrote:
That_Casual wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Are you **** dense.

:nod:

Very.

Clearly.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by stan francisco » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:51 am

Until the playoffs are over, no team that is still competing will have any clue for whom to trade, nor what players to part with. It’s not knowable yet. I include myself in that group of ‘dense’ (per your lingo) peeps who will wait with making a plan for next season until we’re either eliminated or champs. This does not exclude looking ahead, no.

There are quite a few guards in the NBA that I’d like to run our point. Neither of their current teams would probably accept an offer of a re-signed D Lo and Beasley in return, though. Defense. That’s why we’ll need a third and maybe fourth team involved. I hope to see us sacrificing Bamba’s potential to assure better perimeter defense. Defensive rigor on the perimeter will help AD’s longevity as well as LBJ’s.

Fred Van Vleet, Tyus Jones, Jrue Holiday, Kyle Lowry are perhaps all out of reach but just to name a few good fits. Defenders, humble, hard workers. Either one would nicely complete a starting lineup where the SG Reaves, SF Vando, PF James, C Davis.

There’s not a three-for-one or two-for-one straight up trade right now as far as I can see. That can change in a few days.

Edit: I’d trade Troy before Bamba if possible, but chances are that offering two offense only guards necessitates breaking the rule of giving up a big for a small in order to get it done.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran

Post#56 » by DanishLakerFan » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:52 am

That_Casual wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

Are you **** dense.

Warned again for personal attack. - Kilroy

Fred VanVleet. Can be a FA this summer. Maybe sign-and-trade.
Buddy Hield. Not exactly a two-way, but more neutral defensively, than bad. And a top 5 shooter. Beasley+pick.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,227

Post#57 » by Kilroy » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:45 pm

I think the question needs to be asked at this point... Is Beasley really that bad, or is Ham just bad at things?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#58 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:33 am

Kilroy wrote:I think the question needs to be asked at this point... Is Beasley really that bad, or is Ham just bad at things?

Could it be both?

I liked how Beasley started with us but I don't know what happened. If Beasley was hitting threes liked his first few games then we are in a very good position to win everynight.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,227

Post#59 » by Kilroy » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:01 am

The other part of the equation is Beasley looked bad partly because Brown Jr was hitting shots more frequently... Now he's pretty much gone ice cold... Maybe it's time for a swap. Or Lonnie Walker... Or freaking anyone...

The whole 8 man roster religion is just so counter intuitive to me.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,390

Post#60 » by Dr Aki » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:47 am

How about we keep him, because seasons are long and injuries happen?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers