Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Re: Game 2: Lakers @ Grizzlies, TONIGHT: 6:30 CST, 4:30 PST 

Post#41 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:11 am

Kilroy wrote:
That_Casual wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Brooks basically kicked LeBron's ass tonight... Let that sink in...

Really? You’re blaming the 38 year old and not the two clowns AD and D’Lo?

I think you're high if you don't think AD played a good game tonight... Maybe not his best, but 5 blocks? Cmon now...

I don't blame D'Lo because I never expect anything from him either... But you had Brooks and basically the entire Griz team daring Lebron to beat them, and LeBron put up decent numbers but it still seemed like he couldn't deliver when it counted.
And wtf do I care if he's 38? He's either the superstar of the team or he's not...

Agree. You can't blame AD because of his elite D. It's just that he's kinda hesitant on offense.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,235

Post#42 » by Kilroy » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:12 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

I think you're high if you don't think AD played a good game tonight... Maybe not his best, but 5 blocks? Cmon now...

I don't blame D'Lo because I never expect anything from him either... But you had Brooks and basically the entire Griz team daring Lebron to beat them, and LeBron put up decent numbers but it still seemed like he couldn't deliver when it counted.
And wtf do I care if he's 38? He's either the superstar of the team or he's not...

Agree. You can't blame AD because of his elite D. It's just that he's kinda hesitant on offense.

He's hesitant when he doesn't get consistent touches... We weren't finding him as much as we should have, especially in the 4th.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man

Post#43 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:26 am

Kilroy wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

He's hesitant when he doesn't get consistent touches... We weren't finding him as much as we should have, especially in the 4th.

I wish we will be more energetic next game especially it's our home court. Our offense today sucks. I would even gamble on putting Lonnie in the game. That guy is not afraid to shoot. Today Rui is the guy who is not afraid to take shots. Our offense is stagnant. Most of the times the players are just standing around.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man

Post#44 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:36 am

Kilroy wrote:Brooks basically kicked LeBron's ass tonight... Let that sink in...

I'm not a Lebron fan but I wish Lebron responds next game especially after that stare down late in the game. It's good to see a vintage Bron coming after Brooks and the Grizz on game 3 and the rest of the series.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#45 » by stan francisco » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:13 am

Since it’s a sensitive topic I’m not going to blame anybody in specific, but our lack of defensive physicality on the perimeter cost us this win.

The refs also let the Grizz trash AD all night.

You know what I would do. Putting him in the third unit will kill our shots at a S&T but at this point I don’t see how his defense is good enough for the second unit. See sig.

Enter Harrison.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#46 » by Kilroy » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:49 am

Tonight would have been a perfect game to put in Tristan and let him pick up 3 or 4 quick, physical fouls... And see if it changed the momentum at all... Why the hell not?
Let him get in Brooks face when he's staring down LeBron... Maybe brooks gets stupid and gets sent to the showers.. Bettter yet, go after jackson.
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,490

Post#47 » by JVL » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:55 am

AD and DLo combining for 18 on 6/25...

I don't need to know more than that.

Someone needs to send Brooks back to the G-League where he belongs. Trash player thinking he's hot ****.
That_Casual
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#48 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:21 am

Kilroy wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

Wow, a whole 5 blocks? That makes up for 13 points.

Oh and no… Bron isn’t the superstar of the team. Its supposed to **** be the 30 year old in his prime AD. Bron is **** begging him to take over the team ffs and he keeps failing so a god damn 38 year old has to try carry the entire **** offence
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#49 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:25 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

This is hilarious. You can’t blame the in his prime 30 year old for scoring 13 god damn points. The fault lies at the 38 year old feet. Feet that literally need surggery in the off season btw. Yip. It’s the 38 year olds fault because he only went for 28/12 instead of 40/15.

That’s where we’re at. Blaming a 38 year old LeBron for not getting 40+ points rather than blaming AD for not getting 20 **** points.

Oh and btw… that incredible defence resulted in the Grizz third choice **** centre putting up over 20 points and like 15 boards. Yeah. That happened. Xavier god damn Tillman outplayed AD. But it’s Bron’s fault.

If we need LeBron to be #1 on this team then call it wrap now because the man can’t carry a team at this point on his career. He’s supposed to be a #2, and he’s putting up 25 points a night. Unfortunately guy who’s supposed to have taken over the #1 is the softest god damn guy in the league.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#50 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:30 am

Kilroy wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

He literally had ONE field goal in the entire first half. One.

Nobody to blame for AD’s constantly bull but AD.

Guy can’t be relied on in the slightest. We’re 2 games through this series and he’s average 17 points. This is the guy who everyone INCLUDING LEBRON has said needs to take over this damn team and be #1.

He isn’t good enough to be a #1, and nights like tonight are exactly why a trade for Kyrie needs to happen. If AD is a top 2 player on your team on the offensive end then you ain’t winning **** in 2023. One night he’s 35, the next he’s 15. You can’t trust him.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 3,018

Post#51 » by SweetTouch » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:15 am

Yawn

Lakers are supposed to win every game

The grizzz are better without the studio gangster

Everyone knows this
Regroup and Dlo needs to Stfu, acting like he don’t want a deal
Stop being so disrespectful.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by stan francisco » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:34 am

They punched us in the mouth. They played much harder than us.

AD was effectively triple teamed and dragged to the floor all night. They were physical and we were not punching back but wimped out.

I won’t even comment on D Lo’s no contact basketball.

Get Harrison into the rotation in the next game. And Tristan. We’re a big man short.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#53 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:18 pm

stan francisco wrote:They punched us in the mouth. They played much harder than us.

AD was effectively triple teamed and dragged to the floor all night. They were physical and we were not punching back but wimped out.

Get Harrison into the rotation in the next game. And Tristan. We’re a big man short.

Nobody takes anything you say seriously

You seem to have a problem with trying to turn disagreements into personal attacks. Warned. Take a breath, relax, it's only rock and roll. -Kilroy
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by stan francisco » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:54 pm

That_Casual wrote:
stan francisco wrote:They punched us in the mouth. They played much harder than us.

I know, that’s why I’m so glad that at least you do. That’s why we lost last night; no guard defense. I’ve been a Laker fan since the 90s and I’ve never seen our team lie down like that to some bully ball. Toughness needed on the frontline, just sayin’.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,312

Post#55 » by tamaraw08 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:09 pm

That_Casual wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

Oh and no… Bron isn’t the superstar of the team. Its supposed to **** be the 30 year old in his prime AD. Bron is **** begging him to take over the team ffs and he keeps failing so a god damn 38 year old has to try carry the entire **** offence

Did James played a perfect game? Absolutely not!
but to say that Brooks kicked his ass is just plain crazy BS! Dillon needed 14 shots to score 12 points zero offensive rebs, a grand total of 1 rebound while Lebron grabbed 12!
Brooks had 3 assists to 2 turnovers while James had
3 assists to just 1 turnover, would have had more assists if his teammates like D’Lo AD etc made more shots…and
BTW the 38 year old James scored 28 points on 23 shots.
Kilroy didn’t want to blame D’Lo because he said he didn’t expect much from him and yet I guess he was ok for AD to score 13 points, 14 points BELOW his playoff average. :banghead:
Who was he guarding Tilman or JJJ? I guess it doesn’t matter both of them outscored AD anyway.
Now is just AD’s fault that the Lakers lost? Of course not, pretty much everybody except Rui showed up but to say Brooks kicked James butt is just bat **** crazy
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#56 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:46 pm

stan francisco wrote:Since it’s a sensitive topic I’m not going to blame anybody in specific, but our lack of defensive physicality on the perimeter cost us this win.

The refs also let the Grizz trash AD all night.

You know what I would do. Putting him in the third unit will kill our shots at a S&T but at this point I don’t see how his defense is good enough for the second unit. See sig.

Enter Harrison.

They shot 30% from 3 and got 103 points

Defending the perimeter had **** all to do with the loss. Getting a combined 18 points from AD and D’Lo is what cost the game and that alone.
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#57 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:47 pm

stan francisco wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

I know, that’s why I’m so glad that at least you do. That’s why we lost last night; no guard defense. I’ve been a Laker fan since the 90s and I’ve never seen our team lie down like that to some bully ball. Toughness needed on the frontline, just sayin’.

They shot 30% from 3 and got 103 points.

You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about

And again. No warning this time, but from here on out, no more chances. -Kilroy
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#58 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:56 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
That_Casual wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

but to say that Brooks kicked his ass is just plain crazy BS! Dillon needed 14 shots to score 12 points zero offensive rebs, a grand total of 1 rebound while Lebron grabbed 12!
3 assists to just 1 turnover, would have had more assists if his teammates like D’Lo AD etc made more shots…and
Kilroy didn’t want to blame D’Lo because he said he didn’t expect much from him and yet I guess he was ok for AD to score 13 points, 14 points BELOW his playoff average. :banghead:
Who was he guarding Tilman or JJJ? I guess it doesn’t matter both of them outscored AD anyway.
Now is just AD’s fault that the Lakers lost? Of course not, pretty much everybody except Rui showed up but to say Brooks kicked James butt is just bat **** crazy

The loss lies at the feet of Anthony Davis and D’Angelo Russell. Nobody else. Every other segment of the team did what is required for the most part.

I go in to each game with the idea that if you post 110 points, that should be enough to win if you defend well. We held them to 103 last night. I break it down roughly what type of points you need from each segment of the team. Obviously someone can go off and have a monster night which results in more but generally I look at it like this in terms of what’s the aim:

Bench - 25 points.
#4/5 guys (Reaves and Vando - 20 points.
Top 3 guys (Bron/AD/D’Lo) - 65 points.

Well, last night the bench have us 27. Reaves/Vando gave us 20. That then leaves it down to the top 3 to go for 65. Bron held up his end by going for 28. I’m looking for Bron/Ad/Dlo to go for 25/25/15. All of which is below their averages by the way so it shouldn’t be unrealistic. Bron held up his end as I said.

So every section did what’s required. The bench gave us the 25+ points. Reaves/Vando gave us the 20. Bron gave us his 25+… the two that shat the bed? AD and D’lo. If they hold up there end, we win. Hell of ONE of them hold up their end and give us what I expect from then we win. We didn’t even need 25 and 15 from the pair. If they’d even gone 20 and 10 rather than 25 and 15, we win.

There was lots of minor issues last night. Dennis shocking turn overs and zero points. Troy yet again giving us nothing offensively. Vando passing up on dunks again. Reaves going 1/3 from the FT line. Bron having a terrible night going 1/8 from 3. But it’s minor issues. The big issue was AD and D’Lo giving us not even half their averages. And at the end of the day, it’s going to be impossible to win a chip if your #2 and #3 guy are giving you less than 20 combined.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#59 » by Kilroy » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:01 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
That_Casual wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Should James and Brooks be held to the same standard... Brooks was never going to outscore LeBron... He was never going to out assist LeBron...
But measuring them each against their own measuring sticks, and factoring in how much Brooks was able to disrupt LeBron, Brooks won the battle...
That_Casual
Sophomore

Post#60 » by That_Casual » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:06 pm

Kilroy wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
That_Casual wrote:

Should James and Brooks be held to the same standard... Brooks was never going to outscore LeBron... He was never going to out assist LeBron...
But measuring them each against their own measuring sticks, and factoring in how much Brooks was able to disrupt LeBron, Brooks won the battle...

Bron went for 28 points. How on earth did he win the battle?

Because they won the game? That’s the only argument here for that. Because Bron went for 28 and 12 and turned the ball over once. Doesn’t sound like he was too disrupted to me.

Literally if AD and D’Lo play like competent NBA level players and not a couple clowns at the Y then we win. Literally all they had to do was go for 30… BETWEEN THEM!! How on earth is it Bron’s fault they couldn’t do that? They average 44 between and they end up going for 18.

Brooks bothering Bron had nothing to do with the loss. Literally all he needed was D’Lo to go for 10 and AD to go for 20 and we’d be sat here 2-0.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers