Kyrie Recruiting LeBron to the Mavericks

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,233

Re: Kyrie Recruiting LeBron to the Mavericks 

Post#21 » by Kilroy » Wed Jun 7, 2023 3:50 pm

I wonder if all this was just a public response to the Lakers internally being hesitant on AD's extension...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,645

Post#22 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Jun 7, 2023 5:19 pm

I just don't think that Kyrie has the pull to make this happen. That essentially swallows up the Mavericks salary. And they'd have to part with some decent pieces of their future. Now if Luca came out and did this......then that would be something imo.

Hopefuly where there's smoke, there's a little fire. THIS is exactly what I wanna see happen. Let's move on from Lebron and AD. Get a couple picks, and a nice piece or two....and call it a day.

Kilroy, you prob nailed it. I bet this has Lebron's hands all over it.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,645

Post#23 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Jun 7, 2023 5:22 pm

Oh, and FFS......please don't get Harden. Once again...come on guys!! We just went through this with Brick! Selfish guy who plays HIS game, shoots his shots, and dominates the ball. Plays zero defense. Moved from team to team. Really did NOTHING to help either of those teams. Why in the hell would we want Harden?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,233

Post#24 » by Kilroy » Wed Jun 7, 2023 6:00 pm

My vote would be to try to dump LeBron for as many picks as possible, throw whatever AD wants at him to stay, and build around AD/Rui/Reaves/Vanerbilt/LW4 and maybe Bamba on the cheap... That's probably not a champion, but it might be a fun to watch playoff team if the cards aligned... And with enough picks, who knows what the future holds...

AD and LeBron are yesterdays news... Played out without adding a volume scorer, while keeping the youth brigade around them... Not impossible, but probably unlikely... Dame?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#25 » by loveshaq786 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:34 am

Kilroy wrote:My vote would be to try to dump LeBron for as many picks as possible, throw whatever AD wants at him to stay, and build around AD/Rui/Reaves/Vanerbilt/LW4 and maybe Bamba on the cheap... That's probably not a champion, but it might be a fun to watch playoff team if the cards aligned... And with enough picks, who knows what the future holds...

AD and LeBron are yesterdays news... Played out without adding a volume scorer, while keeping the youth brigade around them... Not impossible, but probably unlikely... Dame?

LeBron for sharpe, #3, Simmons, and grant

or LeBron and bamba to Cavs for garland, Allen

or LeBron for butler, Caleb and nikola
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,973

Post#26 » by Landsberger » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:57 am

Kilroy wrote:My vote would be to try to dump LeBron for as many picks as possible, throw whatever AD wants at him to stay, and build around AD/Rui/Reaves/Vanerbilt/LW4 and maybe Bamba on the cheap... That's probably not a champion, but it might be a fun to watch playoff team if the cards aligned... And with enough picks, who knows what the future holds...

If you're getting picks for LeBron, may as well get them for Davis too. He has been hiding in Bron's shadow. He's not anyone build around.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers