ImageImageImageImageImage

Michael Jordan vs Kobe Bryant who is the greatest?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Jordan45
Ballboy
And1: 0

Michael Jordan vs Kobe Bryant who is the greatest? 

Post#1 » by Jordan45 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:30 pm

Laker's fans who would you choose to bring you more rings Kobe or Jordan?

https://hiphopcnn.com/2023/08/18/michael-jordan-vs-kobe-bryant-who-is-the-greatest/
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Re: Michael Jordan vs Kobe Bryant who is the greatest? 

Post#2 » by ROballer » Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:23 pm

Kobe>Jordan>God
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,837

Post#3 » by Beethoven » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:49 pm

I dont get questions like this. .. always an outsider.
MJ is a greatest of all time. Kobe is also a greatest of all time in the eyes of Laker fans and the city of Los Angeles. He is a legend here. Almost a Saint.

This isnt a good analogy, but for the sake of my argument..
I dont care how many gold medals Michael Phelps won in swimming, I would never want him as our city's representative to win a match for us at a competition, when we have our own beloved city swimmer.
The one championship win that our beloved swimmer will bring to our city, will be in our minds and the hearts forever as legendary, compared to whatever dozens an outside Michael Phelps would bring to our city.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#4 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:43 am

KOBE!

I don't even think that it is fair to compare players and hail someone as "greatest". They played in different eras and different rules through the years. But the way I see it, people value and appreciate more the players that they saw while growing up. So just to answer the question, it's Kobe for me. Kobe was my favorite Laker when I was younger and started playing basketball. I also watched MJ but my favorite Bull that time would be Rodman. Yeah, I'm bias with Kobe.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,548

Post#5 » by stan francisco » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:33 pm

What’s the intent here besides trolling?

It’s a stupid way to spend time, to compare players from different eras. The only way to compare is by measuring their dominance against their contemporary opponents. By that measure, Jordan’s 6 of 6 beats Kobe's record, I agree. Happy, kiddo?

But watch team USA beat Spain when Kobe put the whole nation (including LeBronze, Melo, Howard) on his back and finished that final off. Ice veins.

Kobe may be the little brother, but it’s not by much. If you’re here to rub it in, why don’t you instead watch this video:

https://youtu.be/-SEiGEbxv5M?si=Htp6EHbCYCJBUMwZ
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#6 » by Landsberger » Sat Sep 2, 2023 12:05 am

Kareem
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#7 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Mon Sep 4, 2023 12:52 am

Landsberger wrote:Kareem

Yeah, if we are talking about greatness Kareem should be in the conversation. I'd probably pick him as the best C ever. Maybe he is skinny, but he could grab boards and block shots and he has in his arsenal the most unguardable shot, the legendary sky hook.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,871

Post#8 » by LakersLegacy » Fri Sep 8, 2023 8:25 pm

It’s the story of the fisher of men the Laker Vs the the Beast that of the Bull who removed the giant from Oz from the pandemic documentary who doesn’t like to share credit

Because one passes better and shoots the 3 better and has more game winners

And the other has 1 more championship
With
The best euro player at the time
+ the 2 better defensive players
With one the better point guard,
The other the best rebounder of all time
+ the best shooters in Kerr and Paxson
+ the allstar genetic clone almost

Vs
Fish, farm (first Hebrew nba champ), the 2 shades of brown, the one MJ trained then traded for Butler while simultaneously telling Rip Hamilton how to get Kobe in ‘04 using the game tapes of Kobe from age 13 to 16

When they were teammates

And I think the guy that won with
Fish, farm, brown/meta, the low man and the soul
Is better than the one that had the dream team of the worlds best

The one championship he won better
He 1 stole the lakers game plan difference
Beat a player with HIV
Didn’t share credit and made it all about him
Did show off lay-ups instead of actual skill needed to make it over the DPOY equivalents Kobe did

And Kobe was far better 1 on 1 often being removed in the 4th that told you in his books

How Jordan had deflate gate, didn’t work as hard as Kobe, didn’t share credit, didn’t take the navy seal or Doberman usa defensive assignments, and refused to be the type of leader that praised and held in sacred regard the giants of the game due to that generation fee, me mentality

And that’s a valid reason to chose Kobe over in addition with 55 and being able to demonstrate playing whatever role needed

He can Rodman in game 7 over KG, Sheed, the bigs the giants even in a shooting slump

They tried to give him finals mvp in 2008 he said that was meant for West

And if he cared about market value instead of jordans brown and Lo for Shaq and had Duncan they got 10 apart
They would have had more together.

But he was anti team up and won with the soft soul that was 0-12 in the play-offs
No one has ever made their teammates better from 0-12 to back to back defending champs something even Duncan never did - defend the title

And Jordan’s 1 more title defense with the game plan against the center less Kareem retired lakers and hiv to its leader - isn’t a bigger deal than seeing the hotter 81 fire or force ot at the buzzer and win it at the buzzer

Especially when raising fruit that sleeps with his teammates ex wife - Kobe all the way - keep the beast
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#9 » by Landsberger » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:42 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

Yeah, if we are talking about greatness Kareem should be in the conversation. I'd probably pick him as the best C ever. Maybe he is skinny, but he could grab boards and block shots and he has in his arsenal the most unguardable shot, the legendary sky hook.

So... most Laker fans know of the Magic era Kareem... the one that mostly shot skyhooks. This video shows his utter dominance and I think it's interesting that we don't really see skyhooks until the last 1/3 of the video. It's a shame that the NBA was barely a league during his prime. Most games in your home market were tape delayed in those days and 2 games a week televised overall.

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,190

Post#10 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:14 am

Landsberger wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

... the one that mostly shot skyhooks.

LOL I'm In Sydney Aus we don't grow big here lol (our most top size Is like 5ft10/6ft Ish), I'm 5ft7 but back In school when I played B-ball I used what I call the "Babyskyhook" because of size haha and damn the sky hook was so effective people have hard time blocking It even at my size :) good memory's

Doubt we'll ever see the skyhook used ever again at least on regular basis, If anyone use this today I'd love to see Kevin Durant using It or Giannis

P.S you forgot to mention how Kareem Is really the true goat at least when It comes too scoring, didn't need the 3 point line to do It either :)
Bring back Defense
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#11 » by TyCobb » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:35 pm

Jordan obviously
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#12 » by Landsberger » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:07 am

SlimShady83 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
... the one that mostly shot skyhooks.

LOL I'm In Sydney Aus we don't grow big here lol (our most top size Is like 5ft10/6ft Ish), I'm 5ft7 but back In school when I played B-ball I used what I call the "Babyskyhook" because of size haha and damn the sky hook was so effective people have hard time blocking It even at my size :) good memory's

Doubt we'll ever see the skyhook used ever again at least on regular basis, If anyone use this today I'd love to see Kevin Durant using It or Giannis

P.S you forgot to mention how Kareem Is really the true goat at least when It comes too scoring, didn't need the 3 point line to do It either :)

Think if Kareem started his career at 18 where the record would be.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#13 » by TylersLakers » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:56 pm

These conversations are so dumb.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,871

Post#14 » by LakersLegacy » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:28 am

Teammate
Gasol loves Lobe
Pippen doesn’t like Jordan
Pippen says Kobe had it tougher

10 less points per game
Hardest defensive era of all time
3 then 2 vs 3 then 3

GaSoul, lo, fish, farm, brown-or-meta

Better defender Pippen, better defender GOAT rebounder Rodman, best Euro player Kukoc, best 3 point shooter Kerr, former all-star Harper, best Aussie player giant Longly, + top all-time Parish for player coach, text and Phil when the triangle was new

+ rules where defenders can’t use zone, can’t double team, 3 point line closer, Jordan foul calls, and Jordan never wanting to share attention or be good to his teammates

Kobe and Jordan both won the dunk contest
Kobe’s 2nd over TMAC, Penny, Allen, Contest winner Barry, Finley, Marbury - they were too afraid to do it with so much attention so it was done at the Sparks Magic Johnson mid-summer nights

Kobe invented the dunk Vince used in 2000 way back in ‘97. And showed it off then. He won the contest on it. You can see him investing it off to the side. Vince won his dunk contest doing the ‘97 Kobe. And Kobe just let him have it. Didn’t blast him.

Kobe always praised those with professionalism standards. And he passed the torch as an ambassador. More defensive teams. And he won with less on the back to back teams. Gasol was 0-12 in the play-offs before Kobe

And he gave the next generation the blueprint in 2007. Doing the elevator motivational runs.

Kobe can do those force overtime then win it - double buzzer beaters MJ never did. Kobe works harder. Kobe can score 55 on MJ. What’s MJs career high on Kobe.

MJ hogged the glory. Kobe was far more real. And Kobe went against the NBA to bring Olympic attention to Genocide 2008, he was first to help during a hurricane
Katrina. He helped 30,000 homeless in LA get shelter and vehicles. He was great to me in SB, and Newport. He cared even about the development league lakers located in Lakersfield. He would win preseason games with buzzer beater to force ot then win it. He was better. Far better. And far better at sharing credit with teammates. He won in all the roles. The other could only do that role.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#15 » by Beethoven » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:42 pm

Mods can we just lock this thread up? So that it gets buried deep within?

I just find this type of topic and title kind of an ignorant approach and a disrespect to Kobe, MJ, and the whole of Laker nation.
ugh
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#16 » by Landsberger » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:41 am

Beethoven wrote:Mods can we just lock this thread up? So that it gets buried deep within?

I just find this type of topic and title kind of an ignorant approach and a disrespect to Kobe, MJ, and the whole of Laker nation.
ugh

Only if they lock every thread with posts of imaginary lineups/depth charts and arguments about some end of the bencher who's just about ready to become the number 3 on the team if the coach wasn't an idiot... Just as silly.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Beethoven » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:13 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Mods can we just lock this thread up? So that it gets buried deep within?

ugh

Only if they lock every thread with posts of imaginary lineups/depth charts and arguments about some end of the bencher who's just about ready to become the number 3 on the team if the coach wasn't an idiot... Just as silly.

Yeah I get that, but those are benign (although silly) convos amongst laker fans and community.

What I want to lock up are outsider trolls trying to start conversations out of disrespect and asking loaded questions to us.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)

Return to Los Angeles Lakers