Around the NBA XII

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,189

Re: Around the NBA XII 

Post#61 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 12:21 am

wco81 wrote:
SlimShady83 wrote:With recent talk about Jonathan Kuminga from Warriors not being happy with Kerr and his minutes

Do you guys think they'de be willing to trade Kuminga

Lakers In: J.Kuminga, CP3 ... I'm not sure about CP3 if they want to get rid of his contract etc as for Lakers CP3 off the bench would be good- 10 min a game teach MAX/Reaves? etc :)

Lakers out: Dlo, Rui, Gabe, not sure about Gabe due to Injury maybe offer Hayes etc to sweeten the deal?

DLO for Kuminga works straight up, but not what or who GSW wants If any of them

Come on Lakers fans are trying to send out the discards.

When Dlo signed that contract in the summer, they were looking for ways to get rid of him.

Didn't someone in one of the threads in the Laker forum talk about getting Haliburton for Dlo and other players who are not regarded highly by the fanbase?

Relax Bro lmao
Bring back Defense
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#62 » by MAMBAEMD » Sat Jan 6, 2024 3:03 am

Fascinating.

On a night when Randle and Anunoby are 4 for 22 combined, NY is winning at PHI by 35
Formerly lakerRD
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,546

Post#63 » by stan francisco » Sat Jan 6, 2024 3:33 am

MAMBAEMD wrote:Fascinating.

On a night when Randle and Anunoby are 4 for 22 combined, NY is winning at PHI by 35

Because of defense. OG and Hart and Grimes are three great defensive hustle role players, so is Hartenstein. And their coach is very smart defensively.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant

Post#64 » by MAMBAEMD » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:28 pm

One of the biggest surprises of the season has been Minnesota being 26-10
Formerly lakerRD
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#65 » by stan francisco » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:02 am

When Durant the other day said how much he appreciated the years playing with Westbrick and Harden, I heard him saying, ‘Ballmer, Kawhi, Harden, I want to be traded to the Clippers. Now!’

Who bets against a trade for PG13 (re-sign), Mann, picks etc for Durant next month?
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,404

Post#66 » by Danny Darko » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:56 am

stan francisco wrote:When Durant the other day said how much he appreciated the years playing with Westbrick and Harden, I heard him saying, ‘Ballmer, Kawhi, Harden, I want to be traded to the Clippers. Now!’

Who bets against a trade for PG13 (re-sign), Mann, picks etc for Durant next month?

I would do it if I was Ballz, but Suns might want to see how things look with Beal being back for more games and Durant is a bigger draw.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by stan francisco » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:04 am

Pascal on the Pacers make them very dangerous once Halliburton returns.

Kawhi and Harden made it clear as day they are planning to stay with the Clibbers. Hear that, Durant? That was meant for you. I hope I’m wrong in foreseeing a KD for PG and fillers trade before the deadline.
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#68 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:31 pm

stan francisco wrote:Pascal on the Pacers make them very dangerous once Halliburton returns.

Kawhi and Harden made it clear as day they are planning to stay with the Clibbers. Hear that, Durant? That was meant for you. I hope I’m wrong in foreseeing a KD for PG and fillers trade before the deadline.

If Flippers don't win the chip this year, with their big 4 I can see KD leaving them In the off season or asking for trade etc, not sure of his contract and don't care, but can see him doing either of the 2 :)
Bring back Defense
loveshaq007
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#69 » by loveshaq007 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:19 pm

heat are looking better and better
aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Post#70 » by aaron_gray » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:24 am

This half court offense without Lebron is... rough
TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
aaron_gray
Analyst
And1: 979

Post#71 » by aaron_gray » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:42 am

It's weird but it just doesn't feel like D'Lo creates easy shots. It's all net when they go in, but I wonder how sustainable it is.
TyCobb wrote:Embiid at peak value after reaching a new maturity level.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,448

Post#72 » by Slava » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:18 am

aaron_gray wrote:It's weird but it just doesn't feel like D'Lo creates easy shots. It's all net when they go in, but I wonder how sustainable it is.

His ability to make entry passes into Davis is a really underrated skill on this roster. We just haven’t a coach who’s good enough to utilize that. It’s strange that we went away from Vogel to optimize the offense and yet he wrung out more juice and a league average offense out of similar pieces than Ham has managed to do.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#73 » by Kilroy » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:09 am

Slava wrote:
aaron_gray wrote:It's weird but it just doesn't feel like D'Lo creates easy shots. It's all net when they go in, but I wonder how sustainable it is.

His ability to make entry passes into Davis is a really underrated skill on this roster. We just haven’t a coach who’s good enough to utilize that. It’s strange that we went away from Vogel to optimize the offense and yet he wrung out more juice and a league average offense out of similar pieces than Ham has managed to do.

No D'Lo fan... Like at all... And I have watched almost no games this season. That said, when I have watched, it does seem like D'Lo is the only one who can hit AD in the hands above his waist... Schroder was pretty good at it too as well as Reeves for a minute... Caruso was pretty good at it too... LeBron isn't for some reason.

I'm also not sure why we can't feed AD more in rhythm... And I agree Vogel seemed to get more of it out of the roster he had than we have since...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#74 » by Kilroy » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:09 am

aaron_gray wrote:This half court offense without Lebron is... rough

Always and forever...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#75 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:31 am

Lakers better be looking at trading DLO ... Especially while he Is hot, surely his value Is hot ATM ... Post deadline you all gonna regret not trading him ... His current game play all about the deadline
Bring back Defense
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by stan francisco » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:18 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Slava wrote:

No D'Lo fan... Like at all... And I have watched almost no games this season. That said, when I have watched, it does seem like D'Lo is the only one who can hit AD in the hands above his waist... Schroder was pretty good at it too as well as Reeves for a minute... Caruso was pretty good at it too... LeBron isn't for some reason.

I'm also not sure why we can't feed AD more in rhythm... And I agree Vogel seemed to get more of it out of the roster he had than we have since...

This roster is arguably better than what Vogel had, but produces less.

I have complained about D Lo’s defense a whole lot, but I also try to call his offense for what it is. It’s been great. His PnR game is second to none on this team, elite in the league. He can create his own shot, makes difficult buckets routinely, spots up well. He has been super valuable to us this season and his current contract is reasonable.

But his game becomes less impactful in the playoffs, where things slow down and we’ll see AD passing out of double teams a lot more than we’ll see fast breaks and semi breaks. All in all, D Lo’s defense and current match form makes now the time to trade him, imho.

With a better system in place, we wouldn’t have to rely on any one player’s magic to save us on offense night after night. Inside out, a few triangle sets…
loveshaq007
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#77 » by loveshaq007 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:32 pm

we need people who are going to attack the rim.

Dennis, definitely help with that. it's also why I'm such a fan of DeRozan. because he fills in all our gaps with mid-range shooting and getting to the rim. consistently plays aggressively. I just don't get why there's so many people on here that are not high on him. but at this point, I would not want to trade anybody outside of Gabe Vincent and other small role players that don't really have a huge impact or are not in our rotation.

I really think that we should just stick to trading for players that don't destroy our chemistry and are known to be great locker presence
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,291

Post#78 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:57 pm

stan francisco wrote:
MAMBAEMD wrote:Fascinating.

Because of defense. OG and Hart and Grimes are three great defensive hustle role players, so is Hartenstein. And their coach is very smart defensively.

On a season where AD has only missed 2-3 games, where do you think the Lakers ranked in defense the past 10 games?
22nd!, as in 21 teams are better and like 15 teams do NOT have a great defensive anchor like Davis in their team.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:43 am

What a game tonight!
Formerly lakerRD
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by stan francisco » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:55 pm

Donovan Mitchel would be so perfect. Top 10 defender in the league based on OFG%. Obviously, he’s a great offensive threat.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers