Pre Season Game 1 Thread LAL Vs GSW = Lakers LOSE

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Godfather13
Sophomore
And1: 47

Re: Pre Season Game 1 Thread LAL Vs GSW = Lakers LOSE 

Post#21 » by Godfather13 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:52 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:I said it the minute we signed Cam it was a bad signing. Dude looks like he doesn’t even belong in the league. Gabe also looked very unimpressive. I was more in favor of Dennis over him.

Yeah I hate to be negative but I never really saw the logic of signing a guy who never shot well in his career and is not a a good defender at all. It just seems like Rich Paul twisted Rob’s arm into hiring his boy Cam this summer.
I like Dennis but him almost crumbling completely versus Murray as compared to Vincent’s kind of swayed their decision to choose Gabe instead. But my concern is almost every ex Heat always regress after leaving Spoelstra just like Nunn, Winslow, Whiteside etc

Nunn was injured his first year, and never really rehabbed until the deadline while with us. You can say that Spo, being the excellent coach he is, makes his guys look better than they should, but the regression bit.. Idk.

I love what Gabe brings for us. I really like how effortlessly he just slides into any lineup. Doesn't need the ball, but not scared of it at the same time. His defense was marvelous last night. Just perfect on ball & screen navigation technique.

I like such consistent high IQ guys who understand their role in general. Definitely a keeper.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#22 » by Ball so hard » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:08 pm

Godfather13 wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
Godfather13 wrote:
Cam & Prince had a specially rough night. Rui also started badly, but recovered really well to finish off with a great 2nd/3rd qtr.

I still feel pretty good about Prince coming good, and this Game 1 of preseason being his worst game as a Laker. Cam on the other hand, may not have much hope at all.

Dennis, like Monk, got paid and was never coming back. And tbh, he isn't worst what they're paying him in Toronto now.

I’m not too worried about Prince either. You make it sound like Dennis got the bag. 2/25 mil is arguably better than 3/33 mil for Gabe. Can easily get rid of Schroder after the first year.

It's pretty rare for older players on vet minimum to get that kinda deal again - EVER. I don't think he was worth it to us to be honest, and find Gabe to be a considerably smarter player, who fits a lot more organically.

You’re reaching bruh! He just turned 30, yet you conveniently placed him in the older player category… what’s the age range in this category, 30-40? Smarter player is debatable. It’s not like Schröder is known to be a dummy.
Godfather13
Sophomore

Post#23 » by Godfather13 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:33 am

Ball so hard wrote:
Godfather13 wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
I’m not too worried about Prince either. You make it sound like Dennis got the bag. 2/25 mil is arguably better than 3/33 mil for Gabe. Can easily get rid of Schroder after the first year.

It's pretty rare for older players on vet minimum to get that kinda deal again - EVER. I don't think he was worth it to us to be honest, and find Gabe to be a considerably smarter player, who fits a lot more organically.

You’re reaching bruh! He just turned 30, yet you conveniently placed him in the older player category… what’s the age range in this category, 30-40? Smarter player is debatable. It’s not like Schröder is known to be a dummy.

I'd put him in that category. How many 40 year olds actively play in the league? How many 36+ year olds? lol

Regardless the age, I said most players that are forced down to a minimum don't usually get back above that level. 'Most' being the key word.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#24 » by Ball so hard » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:56 am

Godfather13 wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
Godfather13 wrote:

I'd put him in that category. How many 40 year olds actively play in the league? How many 36+ year olds? lol

Regardless the age, I said most players that are forced down to a minimum don't usually get back above that level. 'Most' being the key word.

Continue to move the goalpost… “actively play, most players, etc.”
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,837

Post#25 » by Beethoven » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:58 pm

Team looking great. Not only just athletic, but more cerebral. Im loving dlo.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Godfather13
Sophomore

Post#26 » by Godfather13 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:21 pm

Ball so hard wrote:
Godfather13 wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:

Continue to move the goalpost… “actively play, most players, etc.”

Excuse me. Do expand on this

Return to Los Angeles Lakers