ImageImageImageImageImage

ORL @ LAL

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,557

ORL @ LAL 

Post#1 » by stan francisco » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:25 am

Good to see the twin tower defense. Wood is starting to get it working better on that end.

Fourth quarter left. Up by one. Terrible perimeter defense.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,299

Re: ORL @ LAL 

Post#2 » by tamaraw08 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:47 pm

Reddish is shooting under 17% from 3 and under 32FG%. And it’s not like this is just a shooting slump because he’s always been a bad shooter.
I’m begging him to prove me wrong this year.
No Vincent and I will go crazy if Ham don’t give enough minutes for Christie.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,973

Post#3 » by Landsberger » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:31 am

There is no depth on this team. The Bench is bad and anyone other than Bron and Davis is inconsistent. Those 2 were the only ones who showed up today.
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 443

Post#4 » by Doug_12 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 9:54 am

Landsberger wrote:There is no depth on this team. The Bench is bad and anyone other than Bron and Davis is inconsistent. Those 2 were the only ones who showed up today.

It's hard to have depth when your entire backup forward rotation is out due to injuries. Not to mention your backup PG.

I don't know if it's rust or what, but except Lebron and AD, everyone is playing like a tier below his last year's self. If we could see any of a post AS Russell or Reaves or playoffs Vincent, we would look way more consistent.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#5 » by tamaraw08 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:39 pm

Doug_12 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:There is no depth on this team. The Bench is bad and anyone other than Bron and Davis is inconsistent. Those 2 were the only ones who showed up today.

It's hard to have depth when your entire backup forward rotation is out due to injuries. Not to mention your backup PG.

I don't know if it's rust or what, but except Lebron and AD, everyone is playing like a tier below his last year's self. If we could see any of a post AS Russell or Reaves or playoffs Vincent, we would look way more consistent.

Yeah, losing Vando… fine
Then losing Rui, ugh oh okay
Then losing Prince, noooo
It would have been ok if AD AND Lebron are younger but it’s clear they can’t give you an efficient 60 pts combined every game. And allowing 125 points to a team like Orlando is really a concern after 2 days rest
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#6 » by Ball so hard » Sun Nov 5, 2023 8:45 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Doug_12 wrote:

Yeah, losing Vando… fine
It would have been ok if AD AND Lebron are younger but it’s clear they can’t give you an efficient 60 pts combined every game. And allowing 125 points to a team like Orlando is really a concern after 2 days rest

It’s pretty clear that this team is poorly coached. Even with key pieces missing, we should not have gotten a beat down by this Orlando team. The coaching staff had plenty to work with, considering the starting unit was available, and like you mentioned we’re coming off two days rest. I watched the game and was beyond disappointed.
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 443

Post#7 » by Doug_12 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 9:15 pm

Ball so hard wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
Doug_12 wrote:It's hard to have depth when your entire backup forward rotation is out due to injuries. Not to mention your backup PG.

Yeah, losing Vando… fine

It’s pretty clear that this team is poorly coached. Even with key pieces missing, we should not have gotten a beat down by this Orlando team. The coaching staff had plenty to work with, considering the starting unit was available, and like you mentioned we’re coming off two days rest. I watched the game and was beyond disappointed.

I was not that hard on Ham last year and he also has some excuses this year (combination of injuries, fatigue, players coming off a contract year), but after some point finding excuses has to stop. Especially if there are clearly better coaches available. If he doesn't get this team right (not specifically winning, just playing well) in a few games, I'd reach out to Bud.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#8 » by tamaraw08 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 10:57 pm

Doug_12 wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:Yeah, losing Vando… fine

I was not that hard on Ham last year and he also has some excuses this year (combination of injuries, fatigue, players coming off a contract year), but after some point finding excuses has to stop. Especially if there are clearly better coaches available. If he doesn't get this team right (not specifically winning, just playing well) in a few games, I'd reach out to Bud.

I don’t think they had a lot of bad losses last season esp after James broke the scoring record so I gave Ham some credit but I was discouraged after rewatching the Denver games a week ago. The idea of putting Prince on Murray was great but when Malone countered by providing 1-2 picks, AD looked so confused and unprepared that Jamal easily scored 2 straight baskets allowing him to get into a nice rhythm. Yes Denver is a handful but Spoelstra found a way to make it difficult.
Yes losing few players shouldn’t be a reason for getting blown out by a team like Orlando if the coach has several workable defensive schemes to somewhat negate the opposition’s firepower. I remember Thib’s Bulls staying afloat minus Rose.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,973

Post#9 » by Landsberger » Mon Nov 6, 2023 4:04 am

Doug_12 wrote:

None of those guys are going to be consistent bench players either. 12 points one night then 2 the next. We have no veteran leadership on the team other than Bron and Davis. Russell isn't leadership no matter how old he is.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers