ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Deadline approaching - update Dennis return?

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,306

Re: Trade Deadline approaching - update Dajounte in flight? 

Post#241 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:33 pm

stan francisco wrote:I’m going to predict that we get Bruce Brown. They seek a first round pick and a young player. Is he worth a FRP and JHS if they take on D Lo?

IMO, No! Brown is shooting a paltry 32% from 3 which is bad and actually worst than our own chucker Cam Reddish. Vando who is bigger and better defender don't play long minutes because this team badly need floor spacing on offense.
I only trade FRP and fillers for defenders who can hit 3's like DFS or package that FRP with D'Lo and/or Reaves for a dependable Star who can hit 3's and can play decent defense.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#242 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:41 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:we sure that's worth it? we just keep trading picks away and in 29 we might very well be a high draft pick at that spot considering ages. AD at 32 carrying this team?

Read on Twitter

That's the cost of bringing Russell back. No one wants him and it looks like we'll have to trade a first to get rid of him. A first that will, in all likelihood, be in the top 5 picks.

Lakers got too desperate to get rid of a bad shooter Russell Westbrook that they gave away a FRP and absorbed a lazy defender/inconsistent shooter D'Lo Russell. A few games D'Lo would impress you with great 3pt shooting and nice passes, then pfft would lay eggs with other games. Now it's almost impossible to find another team who are dumb enough to trade actual assets for him without giving Rui and/or Reaves PLUS a FRP. :banghead:
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,557

Post#243 » by stan francisco » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:58 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:we sure that's worth it? we just keep trading picks away and in 29 we might very well be a high draft pick at that spot considering ages. AD at 32 carrying this team?

Read on Twitter

That's the cost of bringing Russell back. No one wants him and it looks like we'll have to trade a first to get rid of him. A first that will, in all likelihood, be in the top 5 picks.

Lakers got too desperate to get rid of a bad shooter Russell Westbrook that they gave away a FRP and absorbed a lazy defender/inconsistent shooter D'Lo Russell. A few games D'Lo would impress you with great 3pt shooting and nice passes, then pfft would lay eggs with other games. Now it's almost impossible to find another team who are dumb enough to trade actual assets for him without giving Rui and/or Reaves PLUS a FRP. :banghead:

I’d trade D Lo straight up for anybody who plays hard nosed defense and dives for loose balls. If we’re forced to give up a FRP, I’d hesitate, for all the reasons above.

If Pop gave up on Murray, there’s good reason for it. However, if Murray as the second or third fiddle in ATL is shooting 32%(!), there’s no doubt in my mind that he’d shoot a bit better as a fourth option behind AD, LBJ, AR. I’m sure his % would go up.

Bruce Brown or Caruso might be better fitting guard targets. Gafford or Claxton would be nice bigs to aim for, too.

I’m okay with giving up a FRP if it makes us a contender now. But preferably only if there’s a big included in return for a package of a FRP, JHS, Reddish, Hayes and D Lo.

We can’t rebuild until LBJ is 45, but I have a feeling our FRP won’t be traded because of a soon to be drafted Bronny who is ‘supposed to be’ joining dad’s team.

If Bronny goes to another team, I’ll bet money that LBJ demands a trade there. If so, he should net us a few picks and then some.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
tamaraw08
Analyst

Post#244 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:13 pm

stan francisco wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

I’d trade D Lo straight up for anybody who plays hard nosed defense and dives for loose balls. If we’re forced to give up a FRP, I’d hesitate, for all the reasons above.

If Pop gave up on Murray, there’s good reason for it. However, if Murray as the second or third fiddle in ATL is shooting 32%(!), there’s no doubt in my mind that he’d shoot a bit better as a fourth option behind AD, LBJ, AR. I’m sure his % would go up.

Bruce Brown or Caruso might be better fitting guard targets. Gafford or Claxton would be nice bigs to aim for, too.

I’m okay with giving up a FRP if it makes us a contender now. But preferably only if there’s a big included in return for a package of a FRP, JHS, Reddish, Hayes and D Lo.

We can’t rebuild until LBJ is 45, but I have a feeling our FRP won’t be traded because of a soon to be drafted Bronny who is ‘supposed to be’ joining dad’s team.

If Bronny goes to another team, I’ll bet money that LBJ demands a trade there. If so, he should net us a few picks and then some.

Lakers already have Vando and Cam, both 6-8, hard nosed defenders who will dive for loose balls. The problem is Ham is not creative enough to hide them on offense because they are very bad shooters. :banghead:
Bruce Brown is also not a good shooter, the only player I think who can be a good 2-way 3&D guy is Dorian Finney Smith. Royce ONeal was a good shooter/defender too but is just shooting 35% from 3 lately.
I don't think Bulls are trading Caruso, neither would NY with Josh Hart because their teams are doing pretty good lately.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#245 » by stan francisco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:10 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:

Lakers already have Vando and Cam, both 6-8, hard nosed defenders who will dive for loose balls. The problem is Ham is not creative enough to hide them on offense because they are very bad shooters. :banghead:
Bruce Brown is also not a good shooter, the only player I think who can be a good 2-way 3&D guy is Dorian Finney Smith. Royce ONeal was a good shooter/defender too but is just shooting 35% from 3 lately.
I don't think Bulls are trading Caruso, neither would NY with Josh Hart because their teams are doing pretty good lately.

Yeah. I just can’t hang with D Lo’s defense. Losing D Lo and Cam in a trade for a two way player with a better shot than Cam’s (and some better handles) as well as better defense than Russell’s is what I’m hoping. If it’s Bruce Brown or not, it could still potentially be a two for one opportunity for an overall upgrade. I know his offense is far from D Lo’s, but I’d still have to dangle a package of D Lo, Cam, Hayes and maybe JHS for a solid two way wing and a serviceable big. Who will want those pieces? Don’t know, but those are the trade-able pieces, IMO. No need for a bigger shake-up. D Lo’s defense is simply not championship caliber. Ham’s coaching needs to be compensated for by players who play hard and smart.

Caruso and Gafford would be a great return, likely scenario or not. Do your magic, Rob!

Looking forward to finally seeing some of our new bench players getting PT once the deadline is over.
loveshaq007
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#246 » by loveshaq007 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:09 pm

ARs defense is just as bad, if not worse.... why not the same energy towards him?
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#247 » by stan francisco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:17 pm

loveshaq007 wrote:ARs defense is just as bad, if not worse.... why not the same energy towards him?

He plays with fire, hates to lose, is brilliant at drawing fouls and creating shots, and actually makes tough shots when it matters. A winner. At this stage of his career I compare him to a young Ginobili before he added defense to his game. Reaves with a stronger lower base and some good coaching will be a good defender. He tries hard, is competitive as hell, but still too easy to push around. If only Ham didn’t tell Reaves to go under every screen he’d be a better defender already. He should study Shane Battier’s defense. And Ginobili’s, late career. D Lo shrinks his offense in the big moments and his defense is not nearly intense enough, and it will be exploited by Malone, Kerr, Lue, Vogel etc again. D Lo can teach a rebuilding team’s young PG lots. Has a soon expiring fair contract. We can’t afford having him on the bench in the post season. Not with this coach.

/$.02
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#248 » by loveshaq007 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:46 pm

stan francisco wrote:
loveshaq007 wrote:ARs defense is just as bad, if not worse.... why not the same energy towards him?

He plays with fire, hates to lose, is brilliant at drawing fouls and creating shots, and actually makes tough shots when it matters. A winner. At this stage of his career I compare him to a young Ginobili before he added defense to his game. Reaves with a stronger lower base and some good coaching will be a good defender. He tries hard, is competitive as hell, but still too easy to push around. If only Ham didn’t tell Reaves to go under every screen he’d be a better defender already. He should study Shane Battier’s defense. And Ginobili’s, late career. D Lo shrinks his offense in the big moments and his defense is not nearly intense enough, and it will be exploited by Malone, Kerr, Lue, Vogel etc again. D Lo can teach a rebuilding team’s young PG lots. Has a soon expiring fair contract. We can’t afford having him on the bench in the post season. Not with this coach.

/$.02

I agree but Dlo made strides this season... offensively, he scores way more too. I just don't think he deserves the heat he is getting. He is also the best playmaker on the team, outside of LeBron.

I don't want to get on the hype of trading him unless we definitely get better... the rumor: Dlo, FRP, and a FRP swap for Murray... sign me up immediately!

I hope we can add Gabe to that deal for Patrick mills

another deal that I think is attainable: Royce O'Neal + cam ... for Gabe, FRP, and a FRP swap

I also wonder if Miami is in love with Gabe?... gabe and Dlo for terry and Kevin love
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Post#249 » by Danny Darko » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:03 am

The trade is for Shroder... they just got two guards and we need his attitude back.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#250 » by loveshaq007 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:13 am

if it's Gabe straight up.... I'm on board. ....we taking on more salary
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#251 » by loveshaq007 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:18 am

three way trade that makes sense:

LA: Murray and Patty mills
MIA: dangelo, gabe, LA FRP swap
ATL: Terry, LA FRP
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,201

Post#252 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:48 am

We playin like crap right now. Get it done
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,416

Post#253 » by Danny Darko » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:13 pm

Read on Twitter
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,469

Re: Trade Deadline approaching - update Dennis return? 

Post#254 » by Slava » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:54 pm

I’d hesitate moving Reaves. He’s played nonstop basketball for two years now so he’s due an ebb and needs to be load managed.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,229

Post#255 » by Kilroy » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:12 am

Schroder always seems to sound good on paper but never seems to deliver everything he's supposed to... I have no problem with round 3 but at the same time, why do we love retreads so much? There has to be a better option out there somewhere, doesn't there?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#256 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:02 am

Dennis for Gabe would be fine. Gabe reminds me of Nunn. A good player while with the heat but always injured when playing for the Lakers. At least Dennis could play.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#257 » by loveshaq007 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:55 pm

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:Dennis for Gabe would be fine. Gabe reminds me of Nunn. A good player while with the heat but always injured when playing for the Lakers. At least Dennis could play.

I really hope we trade Hayes, Gabe, FRP swap... for Lonnie and O'Neal
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#258 » by stan francisco » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:28 pm

We need a big and a small in return if we give up Hayes. Already have 25 guards and wings.

Delon Wright and Gafford. Caruso and Drummond. O’Neal and Claxton. D Murray, Bruce Brown, Isaac, Finney-Smith…

D Lo, Gabe, Hayes, Reddish, FRP. Do it, Rob! :D
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#259 » by loveshaq007 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:42 pm

stan francisco wrote:We need a big and a small in return if we give up Hayes. Already have 25 guards and wings.

Delon Wright and Gafford. Caruso and Drummond. O’Neal and Claxton. D Murray, Bruce Brown, Isaac, Finney-Smith…

Gabe, and Hayes for a pick, and a FRP swap for Caruso and Drummond would be a dream! doubt it tho

only trade that will probably happen is Gabe for Dennis, which I'm not opposed to. great for our team chemistry and mindset

I don't want to trade DLO, unless it's a real return. I see him as a slightly less valuable AR... he brings offensive value and they try on defense, which is their biggest hole. but they bring too much else and They FIT! it works with our team. we don't need to be trigger happy

Gabe doesn't bring crap to us... he can go
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#260 » by loveshaq007 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:00 pm

stan francisco wrote:We need a big and a small in return if we give up Hayes. Already have 25 guards and wings.

looks like Washington has a mandate for first round picks.... down Gabe, Hayes and protected FRP...for Gafford or tyus

Nick Richards and Miles.... for Gabe, Hayes, and FRP swap (or a protected FRP)... is also enticing...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers