ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Deadline approaching - update Dennis return?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

loveshaq007
Sophomore
And1: 20

Re: Trade Deadline approaching - update Dennis return? 

Post#281 » by loveshaq007 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:47 am

Showtime:Part2 wrote:This team is a contender with terry stotts at the helm. Trade Vincent and a first for draymond (if the warriors blow it up or decide to move on from dray) and run a lineup of dlo/ar/lbj/dray/ad against Denver. Even if you replace ham w stotts but don’t get draymond I think we make the finals by getting a guy like tyus/schroeder for Vincent and 4 seconds. Bottom line, coaching needs to change. This is a championship caliber team being run by maybe the worst coach I’ve seen in nba history (yes worse than Byron Scott)

Schroeder could be had for Gabe himself

down for stotts.

for Draymond you need more than Vincent to match contracts.
zuju
Senior
And1: 122

Post#282 » by zuju » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:30 am

Lakers is a. 500 team is disappointing. The problem here is not only crappy roster. This squad should be better than. 500. Thats why you are disappointed. No one would be disappointed with a squad of undeveloped Dlo, Ingram, Larry Nance and Randle as your starter along with a declined Kobe who came back from achilles injury.

Bad coaching (ever changing insensible rotation, lack of offensive scheme, incompetent defensive scheme, lack of in game adjustment and untimely timeout calls etc), one dimensional players and sometimes lack of effort etc are the factors.

Lakers doesnt have a history of trading superstar players unless they asked out. This team is not that bad either to consider a complete blow up at this point.

Again, if you are trading a guard for a guard, you probably need some more asset to sweeten the deal. No one is giving free upgrades. That's why i advocate a trade for a big. Teams are also more harsh (don't know if there is a word harsher) to the Lakers in trade talks demanding more as compared to talks with other teams. I envision a smaller deal or buyout signings to address some needs of the team.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#283 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:37 am

Did u ser HAMs time out plays? Dude is clueless. No creativity. Giving Bron the ball anyone can do, but giving it the same exact way on the same exact play each and every time is dereliction of duty.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#284 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:44 pm

MALCOM BROGDON RUMORS? Now we doin somethin
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#285 » by stan francisco » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:14 pm

Showtime:Part2 wrote:This team is a contender with terry stotts at the helm. Trade Vincent and a first for draymond (if the warriors blow it up or decide to move on from dray) and run a lineup of dlo/ar/lbj/dray/ad against Denver. Even if you replace ham w stotts but don’t get draymond I think we make the finals by getting a guy like tyus/schroeder for Vincent and 4 seconds. Bottom line, coaching needs to change. This is a championship caliber team being run by maybe the worst coach I’ve seen in nba history (yes worse than Byron Scott)

Amen.

Pelinka had a great offseason. We have a high caliber roster and a crappy record.

What PJ could’ve done with this group... Or Stotts. Or Becky Hammon. Or Doc Rivers. Or Rondo.

It’s time to make the tough decision, Rob and Jeannie. Ham sucks.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#286 » by loveshaq007 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:00 am

LeBron James has the highest IQ in the game, arguably. I don't understand if he is at odds with the coach, that should be a detrimental issue and needs to be addressed.

I think we should still keep ham as an assistant coach if possible. because he gets along with the players, although his strategies aren't the best.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#287 » by loveshaq007 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:16 am

gabe, Prince, a FRP swap and cam for delon wright and gafford OR obi and TJ

gabe, a FRP, and hayes for miles and nick Richards OR Caruso and Drummond

gabe and Cam for melton and furkan

gabe for royce

please!
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#288 » by Landsberger » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:14 am

Up-And-Coming wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
Up-And-Coming wrote:
The new CBA imposed buyout market restrictions for teams exceeding the luxury tax which is the vast majority of the better teams. The Celtics, Bucks, Warriors, Clippers, Nuggets, Heat and Suns all fall under these restrictions and are unable to sign a player off the buyout market that was making more than the non-taxpayer MLE ($12.4 mil) like Lowry, Hayward, etc.

The Lakers are most likely the favorite to land at least one of the better players off the buyout market as they also deliberately positioned themselves to be able to offer more than the minimum as they didn't give Gabe Vincent the full MLE and can use the remaining amount as extra incentive for free agents bought out.

While players like Lowry and potentially Hayward/CP3 (not as likely they get bought out imo but there's a chance) are on the older side I would still gladly welcome them as I think they can still be quality rotation players in limited roles. Pretty confident the Lakers will bring at least one of them on.

Interesting. Didn’t know about the CBA buyout restrictions. Good for us.

Sign me up for Lowry. He might have one last burst in him if moved to a new team.

Ya it’s a new restriction designed to help prevent teams from “buying” championships in hopes to bring more parity.

I would gladly welcome Lowry too. While he’s older he’s still a quality backup and plays both ends. He can spread the floor and is a tough defender. I think there’s still a chance he picks his hometown Philadelphia 76ers (Villanova alumn too) and idk if they saved extra to give him like the Lakers but we should still have a solid chance with him or at least other buyout options.

If they want to stop teams from buying the best players they should limit each team to one Max contract and stop the trading of "air" (trade exceptions). Stopping washed up stars from trying to hang onto a championship team ism't going to move the needle.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#289 » by Up-And-Coming » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:09 am

Landsberger wrote:
Up-And-Coming wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
Interesting. Didn’t know about the CBA buyout restrictions. Good for us.

Sign me up for Lowry. He might have one last burst in him if moved to a new team.

Ya it’s a new restriction designed to help prevent teams from “buying” championships in hopes to bring more parity.

I would gladly welcome Lowry too. While he’s older he’s still a quality backup and plays both ends. He can spread the floor and is a tough defender. I think there’s still a chance he picks his hometown Philadelphia 76ers (Villanova alumn too) and idk if they saved extra to give him like the Lakers but we should still have a solid chance with him or at least other buyout options.

If they want to stop teams from buying the best players they should limit each team to one Max contract and stop the trading of "air" (trade exceptions). Stopping washed up stars from trying to hang onto a championship team ism't going to move the needle.

Ya I don’t think they expect +33 year old former stars to completely move the needle in and of themselves but intend it to be just one more small restriction of many that can perhaps “level” the playing field
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#291 » by Landsberger » Thu Feb 1, 2024 4:54 am

Up-And-Coming wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
Up-And-Coming wrote:

Ya I don’t think they expect +33 year old former stars to completely move the needle in and of themselves but intend it to be just one more small restriction of many that can perhaps “level” the playing field

So... they want to appear to stop the migration of the old stars who couldn't to the teams that may to give fans in Indiana or the Carolinas hope that the NBA isn't about 7-12 teams that can afford to jump around the salary cap by trading a decade of 1st round picks to get a star then resigning them while adding another in FA?

Money makes this game go round... just like all the others. Baseball is the purest of them all. Look at what the Dodgers and Pirates did this offseason to see that. At least it's out in the open. You have the large market teams and a league of teams which are essentially AAAA teams feeding them after their farm talent becomes too expensive to keep.

How is it a salary cap if you are allowed to go over it while having 2-3 players on max salaries? I fully know this benefits the Lakers... but I starting following them well before anyone was paid even $1M to play the game and the finals were on Tape Delay.

Finally, they don't want parity. Business is best in the large market cities. It's simple economics. The attempts to create the illusion that it's parity they want are what's hard.
zuju
Senior
And1: 122

Post#292 » by zuju » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:22 pm

You are thinking too much, bro. This team is a win now team with championship aspiration. Despite the disappointing record, they still believe that they can beat anyone with AD and LBJ on this team. No way would they trade AD away like playing fantasy game. Not the way the Lakers treats their superstars too.

If AD wants out, Lakers will respect and entertain. Not the other way round. Westbrook was an exemption in Lakers history. He just didn't fit with the playing style and the locker room was just a mess.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#293 » by stan francisco » Thu Feb 1, 2024 1:43 pm

On defense, AD is the Bill Russell of our time. We shouldn’t trade him because of an unable newb coach.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#294 » by loveshaq007 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 11:27 pm

I feel like the only two possibilities that will realistically happen are...

gabe for Dennis or Dlo, prince, and Gabe ...for Royce and dinwid

I hope we don't trade AR unless it's for lauri or Donovan... on fence with Murray
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#295 » by TylersLakers » Thu Feb 1, 2024 11:38 pm

Trading LeBron or AD is nuts.

We have a good team, we just need to play the right people and make minor tweaks.

As far as the tweaks:

Priority 1: Call Chicago

They're floundering. Hovering 3-4 games below .500 at all times. We saw how awful they looked against us last week. I would try like hell to get Caruso.

Gabe Vincent, Christie, JHS, 2029 1st unprotected, 1st round pick swap for Caruso, Drummond, Jevon Carter

- Carter is a negative asset. $6M a year for the next 3 years. Him and Gabe essentially cancel each other out.
- JHS, Christie, 1st round unprotected and a pick swap is great value for Drummond and Caruso if you're Chicago.

Then - call Utah:

Cam Reddish, cash, 2nd round pick to Utah for Kris Dunn.

Roster (if I was the coach): D-Lo/Caruso/Vando/LeBron/AD with Reaves (30-32 MPG)/Rui (26-30 MPG)/Drummond (20 MPG)/Prince (18 MPG) off the bench. Your deep bench is Wood, Carter, Dunn, Lewis, 2 open roster spots for buyout purposes.

If Chicago doesn't budge:

Priority 2: Call Brooklyn

Gabe Vincent, JHS, Lewis, 2029 1st (Top 3 Protected - If it doesn't convey, it becomes unprotected in 2030) for DFS, Lonnie Walker.

Prince, Wood, Christie, 2nd round pick to Chicago for Jevon Carter, Andre Drummond.

Roster (if I was the coach): D-Lo/Reaves/DFS/LeBron/AD with Rui, Vando, Walker, Drummond off the bench. Deep bench Carter, Hayes, Reddish, buyout spots. Maybe you get Lowry or Hayward as a buyout.

------------------------

Those are subtle little moves we can make that solidify roles. Caruso becomes your D-Lo replacement if he stumbles in the playoffs. Caruso/Reaves/Rui/LeBron/AD is a hell of a closing line-up. Caruso defends his ass off, hustles, shoots catch and shoot 3's. Rui abuses mismatches and hits spot-up jumpers. Reaves, LeBron are your creators. AD is the dominant paint presence with the floor spaced. If D-Lo is on, he can fit into that closing line-up instead of Rui and because you have Caruso on the floor, you don't lose a lot defensively. You become a little small but Caruso is a way better "small" option than Prince.

If it's the second deal - we keep a lot of continuity but we improve the wing spot inbetween LeBron and AD. DFS is a much better fit than Taurean Prince.

The big thing is coaching. We need to play our best guys. Start Vando or Rui. Prince should be a 15-20 minute player on this roster.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#296 » by loveshaq007 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 12:53 am

TylersLakers wrote:Trading LeBron or AD is nuts.

We have a good team, we just need to play the right people and make minor tweaks.

As far as the tweaks:

They're floundering. Hovering 3-4 games below .500 at all times. We saw how awful they looked against us last week. I would try like hell to get Caruso.

Gabe Vincent, Christie, JHS, 2029 1st unprotected, 1st round pick swap for Caruso, Drummond, Jevon Carter

- Carter is a negative asset. $6M a year for the next 3 years. Him and Gabe essentially cancel each other out.
- JHS, Christie, 1st round unprotected and a pick swap is great value for Drummond and Caruso if you're Chicago.

Then - call Utah:

Cam Reddish, cash, 2nd round pick to Utah for Kris Dunn.

Roster (if I was the coach): D-Lo/Caruso/Vando/LeBron/AD with Reaves (30-32 MPG)/Rui (26-30 MPG)/Drummond (20 MPG)/Prince (18 MPG) off the bench. Your deep bench is Wood, Carter, Dunn, Lewis, 2 open roster spots for buyout purposes.

If Chicago doesn't budge:

Priority 2: Call Brooklyn

Gabe Vincent, JHS, Lewis, 2029 1st (Top 3 Protected - If it doesn't convey, it becomes unprotected in 2030) for DFS, Lonnie Walker.

Prince, Wood, Christie, 2nd round pick to Chicago for Jevon Carter, Andre Drummond.

Roster (if I was the coach): D-Lo/Reaves/DFS/LeBron/AD with Rui, Vando, Walker, Drummond off the bench. Deep bench Carter, Hayes, Reddish, buyout spots. Maybe you get Lowry or Hayward as a buyout.

------------------------

Those are subtle little moves we can make that solidify roles. Caruso becomes your D-Lo replacement if he stumbles in the playoffs. Caruso/Reaves/Rui/LeBron/AD is a hell of a closing line-up. Caruso defends his ass off, hustles, shoots catch and shoot 3's. Rui abuses mismatches and hits spot-up jumpers. Reaves, LeBron are your creators. AD is the dominant paint presence with the floor spaced. If D-Lo is on, he can fit into that closing line-up instead of Rui and because you have Caruso on the floor, you don't lose a lot defensively. You become a little small but Caruso is a way better "small" option than Prince.

If it's the second deal - we keep a lot of continuity but we improve the wing spot inbetween LeBron and AD. DFS is a much better fit than Taurean Prince.

The big thing is coaching. We need to play our best guys. Start Vando or Rui. Prince should be a 15-20 minute player on this roster.

there are better deals out there for us with our picks. of you are talking Brooklyn.... gabe, cam, prince, hayes, a FRP (top 10 protected) can get us Lonnie and dinwid

same package can get us Gafford and delon wright

a FRP, and gabe, prince, and hayes .... for Caruso, Drummond, and jevon ... Chicago is also saving millions in this trade
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#297 » by HomoSapien » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:32 am

TylersLakers wrote:

We've won 18 of our last 30. I'm not saying we won't make a trade, but the reason being because we're floundering isn't one of them. Bulls are trending up. We haven't been hovering 3-5 games below .500 all year. Bulls have clawed their way out from bottom 5 territory.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
tester551
Analyst
And1: 816

Post#298 » by tester551 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:35 am

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#299 » by TyCobb » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:56 pm

Russell has been playing pretty damn awesome. I feel like he has significantly increased his trade value and/or if we keep him then I'm fine with it.

Send Lebron home to Cleveland for C Jarrett Allen, G Caris Levert, G Isaac Okoro, and G Craig Porter Jr.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#300 » by loveshaq007 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:01 pm

TyCobb wrote:Russell has been playing pretty damn awesome. I feel like he has significantly increased his trade value and/or if we keep him then I'm fine with it.

Send Lebron home to Cleveland for C Jarrett Allen, G Caris Levert, G Isaac Okoro, and G Craig Porter Jr.

more like Mitchell and Allen.... for LeBron and gabe. Cleveland would do it too.... sales will skyrocket! than might as well trade AD too. AD for JV, Hawkins and Trey (they will have Ingram, mccullom. zion and AD... monster line up)

in real talk tho... just need to trade gabe, cwood, prince, FRP swap, and a unprotected FRP for claxton and Lonnie.... we set

if that doesn't work.... gabe and prince and a protected first will surely get us tyus jones or sexton

Return to Los Angeles Lakers