ImageImageImageImageImage

reaves and DLO

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

loveshaq007
Sophomore
And1: 20

reaves and DLO 

Post#1 » by loveshaq007 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:01 pm

reaves obviously more trade value and offensively his gifted with IQ and composure.

DLO is a machine in the starting line up and is our best playmaker.

We will all lose our minds if we trade AR...We absolutely love this kid. When will we truly see him without bias and recognize the defensive liabilities? Do the offensive strengths outweigh the defensive liability? so this is where I'm at.... I think the mindset and chemistry he brings is the strongest asset to our team and gaining LeBrons and Anthony Davis's confidence is also key.

D'Angelo has also done that in his own respect. but does not hold the same value around the league.

with AR, you can couple gabe Vincent and ask for a lot back. You can't do that with DLO. Do we have enough when everyone's playing their best? I personally think we can squeak by, but but I think it's time to truly see what the market could bring for AR.

let's try to put out the best possible packages for AR and DLO... and see what will help our team overall, with the depth and filling holes, with out messing the too much of chemistry. I'll give three scenarios

I think the best team to trade with is the Brooklyn nets because mikal Is there centerpiece and he loves AR and they also have a lot of talent for a cheap price.

AR, HAYES, GABE.... for claxton and royce (I'm sure we could squeeze out Lonnie in that trade, maybe even cam)

I think the biggest fish that we could get his Donovan Mitchell for AR.... AR, Gabe, Hayes, a first and first swap for Mitchel.

now last trade (familiar faces): AR, Hayes Gabe for Caruso, Patrick, and Drummond

this probably belongs in the trade scenarios forum, but I created a separate topic because I think that's what it's coming down to is D'Angelo versus AR (reluctantly). and I think it's important to discuss. We were to trade AR, then who would we really be comfortable for?
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Re: reaves and DLO 

Post#2 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:30 am

loveshaq007 wrote:We will all lose our minds if we trade AR...We absolutely love this kid.

Speak for yourself. I like him. He's a decent player. But he's certainly nothing special, and I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep if we were to make a "profit" in him in the trade market. Much like I didn't think Caruso was much of a player (Still dont). Nice enough role-player, and a really cool story. Happy for the guy, that he got a nice contract, and should be set for life. But both of these guys are number 7, 8, or even 9 on one of our better teams. Don't think either of them see the court in our early 2k team. Prob don't get much more than scraps during our 2008-2010 run either.

But if we're gonna trade him, DLO, and two of our first round picks for some crap, or over-the-hill "star"....then I'd rather stick with him. <-----That being said....I think alot of people around here have a massively inflated sense of his value. Your not getting anything special from him. Cause he's far from special himself. So just know that going into any trade stuff. Like your proposal of getting Donovan Mitchell for AR and a First rounder. Your out of your mind. Your gonna need 3 first rounders. AR isn't even a footnote in that deal, as far as the Cav's are concerned. They want the picks. And 1 pick ain't even worth picking up the phone. Come on.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#3 » by DanishLakerFan » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:48 pm

D'Angelo vs. Reaves.
D'Lo is the better player right now, but he has zero trade value and he can walk in the summer. Reaves is on a bargain deal and did better in the playoffs last year, so they're kinda tough to compare.

Personally i'd say D'Lo+JHS+picks for Murray would be solid, if the front office think Murray can reach the level he was at a few years ago. But if Murray goes elsewhere i think they could consider moving AR.

A simple Reaves for Caruso deal could make some sense if LA decided to keep rolling with D'Lo.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#4 » by stan francisco » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:02 pm

I’m eating crow here game after game.

His offense is great, that was never my rub. He always had the potential to become what we now see consistently.

His defense this season has gone from being absolutely non-existent, like worst ever ‘hide-on-D’ strategy of all-time NBA guards; to actually looking decent or better, at times. He at least competes with purpose on that end now. Kudos, D Lo!!! :clap:

He still has ways to go to become a POA stopper but is proving PJ’s philosophy that defense is a mindset more than anything else. Good job coaching staff! Kudos! Props! Gonna finish that crow now.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,188

Post#5 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:35 pm

DLO needs to prove himself In the playoffs first...
Bring back Defense
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#6 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:49 am

SlimShady83 wrote:DLO needs to prove himself In the playoffs first...

Agree. DLo got exposed during the playoffs last year so I believe that playoffs is where he redeems himself. But he's gotten better these past few games so I give him credit for that.
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,372

Post#7 » by xinxin » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:52 am

D Lo should learn how to take charges much like D Fish, Who couldn’t really defend but was great at taking charges ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,188

Post#8 » by SlimShady83 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:29 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

Agree. DLo got exposed during the playoffs last year so I believe that playoffs is where he redeems himself. But he's gotten better these past few games so I give him credit for that.

Not only that people have to realize his playing for a contract, regular season DLO doesn't count IMO :)
Bring back Defense
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#9 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:15 am

SlimShady83 wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

Not only that people have to realize his playing for a contract, regular season DLO doesn't count IMO :)

I'll just give credit when it's due. If he will have streaks of good games then will applaud him for that. Until he becomes consistent on the defensive end then that's when my perception on DLo will change. Offensively he is very good. Very smooth. It is fun to watch during the regular season. But when it is playoffs then that is when defense really matters. You have to face the same team for 4-7 games and that is when I want to see DLo play at least decently on the defensive end.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#10 » by stan francisco » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:51 am

LeBron is about to turn on his defense. It happens this time of the year. Watch our defense get better as he tries harder on that end. He’s a really good defender, just can’t do it for 82 games a year anymore.

The more important question is; does D Lo have the ability to turn up the focus defensively? Will he continue his offensive prowess when it matters? He never has before. If not, we’ll be ousted by the Clippers or the Nuggets.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers