ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers trading pics, targeting D.Mitchell, T.young and K.Irving

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,188

Lakers trading pics, targeting D.Mitchell, T.young and K.Irving 

Post#1 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:28 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/274651/Lakers-To-Use-Three-Future-1sts-To-Pursue-Star-Trade-Targeting-Donovan-Mitchell-Trae-Young-Kyrie-Irving

Read the above first.

If this Is even remotely true WTF are the Lakers doing?

Yes to Young and Yes to D.Mitchell, but Kyrie? would they really offer 2-3 pics for Kyrie man WTF no way In hell he worth that much.

Need to start getting younger not older, the fact they even mention Kyrie makes me sick, yes great player etc, but as I stated need to get younger and don't trade 2-3 picks for Kyrie If even If Cuban would do that? Would be worse mistake by Lakers.

I really hope this Is not just to plz Bron YET AGAIN to get him to stay 1 more year with Lakers (hope this last year), to try and get Kyrie.

Just no for the love of god no :) to Kyrie
Bring back Defense
loveshaq007
Sophomore
And1: 20

Re: Lakers trading pics, targeting D.Mitchell, T.young and K.Irving 

Post#2 » by loveshaq007 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:56 am

SlimShady83 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/274651/Lakers-To-Use-Three-Future-1sts-To-Pursue-Star-Trade-Targeting-Donovan-Mitchell-Trae-Young-Kyrie-Irving

Read the above first.

Yes to Young and Yes to D.Mitchell, but Kyrie? would they really offer 2-3 pics for Kyrie man WTF no way In hell he worth that much.

Need to start getting younger not older, the fact they even mention Kyrie makes me sick, yes great player etc, but as I stated need to get younger and don't trade 2-3 picks for Kyrie If even If Cuban would do that? Would be worse mistake by Lakers.

I really hope this Is not just to plz Bron YET AGAIN to get him to stay 1 more year with Lakers (hope this last year), to try and get Kyrie.

we aren't giving the farm for Kyrie. the post merely states what we can offer and possibly who we are interested in. that doesn't mean we are going to give everything for any of the players that were mentioned.
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#3 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:08 am

loveshaq007 wrote:
SlimShady83 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/274651/Lakers-To-Use-Three-Future-1sts-To-Pursue-Star-Trade-Targeting-Donovan-Mitchell-Trae-Young-Kyrie-Irving

Read the above first.

we aren't giving the farm for Kyrie. the post merely states what we can offer and possibly who we are interested in. that doesn't mean we are going to give everything for any of the players that were mentioned.

True that LOL just got me worried be like WTF LOL
Bring back Defense
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#4 » by stan francisco » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:59 am

Donovan, please.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#5 » by Kilroy » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:13 am

They're covering for the fact they couldn't get anything done at the deadline... Call me when they have an actual deal.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#6 » by DanishLakerFan » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:58 am

Trae and Kyrie can stay where they are.
Mitchell would be nice though.
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#7 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:06 am

DanishLakerFan wrote:Trae and Kyrie can stay where they are.
Mitchell would be nice though.

Trae Is good... give you 20-5-5 like numbers, yes Inconsistent and doesn't really play Defense, but who really does play defense these days?? ... Ok yes Mitchell does to some extent, but also not perfect, but yest Mitchell Is my number 1 choice, but to say NO to Young If you can't get Mitchell, would be nuts, the dude Is good or maybe I just like him and a little biased :)

AD/Young/Reaves/Vando not sure who the other 1 would be post Bron, but wouldn't argue with that to start with. Not sure DLO gonna be future Laker post Bron but we'll see.
Bring back Defense
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,835

Post#8 » by Beethoven » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:10 am

Donovan Mitchell not a big fan...but on the Lakers sounds very appealing. Hmmmm
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,036

Post#9 » by JazzUte88 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:02 pm

Mitchell in Los Angeles would be cool.
Syko_boB
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#10 » by Syko_boB » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:34 am

Things change often and fast in the NBA, so i'm not sure saying these are targets now means they are more realistic than something like a Lillard, Fox, or a Garland for example

Either way it's unlikely we'd have the best offer for any of them this offseason regardless of their preference as none are upcoming free agents

Looking past next season and possibly past LeBron, i feel a likely target could be Brandon Ingram. He's an FA after next season ;) i can see it now...

AR/AD/BI core with prime Vando Rui & Max, still struggling to find a big next to Brow
free palestine
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#11 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:35 am

Kilroy wrote:They're covering for the fact they couldn't get anything done at the deadline... Call me when they have an actual deal.

Yeah, this is just crowd appeasement. We don't have anything of value, so now we're just throwing our picks onto the table and putting big names out there. Cleveland didn't mention this......this is just us throwing names out.

Give me a break folks. Get it, will you?? This team has ZERO value.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran

Post#12 » by DanishLakerFan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:39 am

Despite wanting a Murray or DFS-deal i'm pretty excited about current team and adding Dinwiddie for nothing.

In the summer the Lakers would have a lot of options. They can keep most of the current team and there are good options to make moves either before or during the season.

Trying to add Donovan Mitchell would be awesome as he would fit both the Lebron+AD timeline as well as the post-Lebron era.

Alterntively, they can make a run at a high-end wing - suck as Mikal Bridges or Brandon Ingram .
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#13 » by loveshaq007 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:08 pm

gabe Vincent needs to really show up for us to have a real shot at trading for those players
DanishLakerFan
Veteran

Post#14 » by DanishLakerFan » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:50 am

LA have a solid chance to have the following guys next season:

PG D'LO / Gabe / JHS
SG Reaves / Christie
SF VAndo / _____ /Lewis
PF Lebron / Rui
C AD / _____ / Hayes

D'Lo can leave, but not sure who is paying him. Wood and Prince are likely to go get paid elsewhere.

LA should instead foucus on someone like Mikal Bridges, Brandon Ingram or Lauri Markannen.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#15 » by loveshaq007 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:24 pm

the nets will never trade mikal unless it's for a superstar.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#16 » by TylersLakers » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:54 pm

If we trade Reaves and all of our picks for Trae Young, I will lose it.

I wonder how long it'll be before people realize that Trae Young isn't that good.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by stan francisco » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:28 am

TylersLakers wrote:If we trade Reaves and all of our picks for Trae Young, I will lose it.

I wonder how long it'll be before people realize that Trae Young isn't that good.

Agreed. Plays only one end. I would lose it, too. He’s exactly what we don’t need.

Donovan would be a great fit, if he ever becomes available.
loveshaq007
Sophomore

Post#18 » by loveshaq007 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:32 am

stan francisco wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:If we trade Reaves and all of our picks for Trae Young, I will lose it.

Agreed. Plays only one end. I would lose it, too. He’s exactly what we don’t need.

Donovan would be a great fit, if he ever becomes available.

Mitchell>PG>cade>Kyrie>trae... kuminga via trade. I rather sexton for a smaller price than the farm of trae

pascal. buddy. claxton. miles. DeRozan. harden... all free agents... hopefully we can get DeRozan for full MLE for a year
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,388

Post#19 » by Jody Smokz » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:17 pm

Trae Young would be a better fit with AD and Mitchell is not that much of a better defender than Trae when it matters. I don't like small guards like Trae due to the defensive issues but he's a bit underrated offensively. ATL just does not have a roster with a high ceiling.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by stan francisco » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:04 pm

Jody Smokz wrote:Trae Young would be a better fit with AD and Mitchell is not that much of a better defender than Trae when it matters. I don't like small guards like Trae due to the defensive issues but he's a bit underrated offensively. ATL just does not have a roster with a high ceiling.

Trae’s offense, yes. His defense is just as bad as his offense is good; horrendous. Donovan’s defense is top 10 in the entire league.

Because of that there’s zero chance that I’d personally pick Trae over Donovan.

D Lo’s expiring, Gabe, Reddish, Wood, picks should net us a decent return. To get a legit star like Donovan, we’ll probably have to include both Reaves and/or Christie and picks for a package to be at all competitive.

Donovan, yes!

Ingram, yes but for less a price.

Kyrie Flat-earth, no thanks for flat earth reasons.

Trae, not our guy because of size and defense. If Trae ever wins a ring, it’ll be off the bench in his later years, not as the main dude in his prime. He’s simply too small, like you say. Even if Trae was Kobe’s daughter’s favorite… Don’t do it, Rob!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers