ImageImageImageImageImage

AD!!!

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

AD!!! 

Post#1 » by stan francisco » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:40 pm

He doesn’t get enough props from us fans so I figured I’d start a serious appreciation thread here for him.

It’s like having Bill Russell on defense and Hakeem on offense in one and the same person. He’s turning up the intensity. The hunt is on.

What he’s done defensively all season is absolutely remarkable.

After posting 27PTS, 25RB, 7STL, 5AST, 3BLK (against a small lineup, I know), he ##### deserves to be celebrated.

Nobody has registered a 25-25-5-5 game ever before.

Finals MVP. DPOY.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

https://youtu.be/6CSQRLJBya8?si=6aMDmAVRFlyT1Es6
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,188

Re: AD!!! 

Post#2 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:59 am

Please don't put Russell and Hakeem In same sentence as AD ever again Or any of the other old school greats :)

AD been great this season though, let's hope he keeps It up after Bron but time will tell.
Bring back Defense
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,835

Post#3 » by Beethoven » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:19 pm

Right I wouldn't list him along w the legends. Ad has a lot of work to do to garner a lasting image of greatness. Let's hope he sustains this through this season and pulls us through another deep playoff run and go from there.
It's a great start though. No major injuries this year knock on wood
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,291

Post#4 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:56 pm

Beethoven wrote:Right I wouldn't list him along w the legends. Ad has a lot of work to do to garner a lasting image of greatness. Let's hope he sustains this through this season and pulls us through another deep playoff run and go from there.
It's a great start though. No major injuries this year knock on wood

I am very happy that AD has been proving me wrong when I predicted that just like the past 3 years or so, that he will miss at least 20 games or so. But come on, he put up great numbers against a team missing KAT AND Gobert. :roll: The game before he was brutally outplayed by Sabonis for like 7 straight match ups?
The next 15 games or so, I hope and pray AD would play great, step up EVERY GAME and help lead this team to a favorable seeding and go deep in the playoffs.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#5 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:29 am

AD is great. It's just that being injured most of the time is his biggest issue. But I think this season is the healthiest AD that we have and I hope this continues. AD is a legit two way player. Some people here might say that AD's offense is inconsistent at times but I've seen AD dictate a game defensively. That is why I don't care if AD doesn't score much. The primary thing he needs to do is anchor the D. Crash the boards and block shots. Lakers have a lot weapons offensively (AR, Bron, DLo and Rui all can score playing along AD). AD putting up points is a bonus but I love it when he puts up insane numbers in points and rebounds.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#6 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:39 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:AD is great. It's just that being injured most of the time is his biggest issue.

That, and he seems to get completely owned by a few guys in the league. I like AD, but I've given up hope of him ever putting it all together.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#7 » by stan francisco » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:48 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:AD is great. It's just that being injured most of the time is his biggest issue.

That, and he seems to get completely owned by a few guys in the league. I like AD, but I've given up hope of him ever putting it all together.

One could argue he put it all together in the 2020 bubble championship, but I know, he can’t seem to do it consistently.

He has the ability to dominate on both ends. Shaq and the other greats dominated for 82 games straight. That consistency is his next level ticket.

I’m arguing he has the facilities to be amongst the great. This has been a GREAT defensive season for him. Talk about consistency.

With a more consistent and sustained offensive output he’s in MVP territory. His D is total badassery.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:37 pm

stan francisco wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:That, and he seems to get completely owned by a few guys in the league. I like AD, but I've given up hope of him ever putting it all together.

One could argue he put it all together in the 2020 bubble championship, but I know, he can’t seem to do it consistently.

Yeah, that's fair. He certainly showed up big-time for blocks. Thankfully one of those major chunks was through a playoff run up to a title.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:56 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:That, and he seems to get completely owned by a few guys in the league. I like AD, but I've given up hope of him ever putting it all together.

Yeah, that's fair. He certainly showed up big-time for blocks. Thankfully one of those major chunks was through a playoff run up to a title.

AD is amazing (sometimes) don't get me wrong. His D commands respect. When he's healthy, and engaged....he's top 5.

My issue is (and I'm not saying I'm right) that this team no longer is a legit contender. Now if your on board with that statement...then you look around our squad and ask who has legit value. It's AD. He's the one who we could get 3-first rounders, and a couple young guys for. Nobody else. We might get a first rounder or something for Lebron, but at his age, and considering how he controls his shots, your not just gonna get to dump him in Detroit for a couple picks. Won't happen.

Yes, AD's injury history, and his inconsistencies annoy me. They also make ripping this band-aid off a little easier for me. His injury history does make me feel like this is an urgent issue. Do it NOW....I've said many times. But it's not cause I think the guy is rubbish. Quite the opposite. He's the only guy on our team that I think has real value.

For what it's worth...we did try and move some guys this last trade window, and there wasn't any interest around the league. K....so people do need to come to reality with that. We're not trading AR, DLo, and couple others, and getting some great package back.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers