ImageImageImageImageImage

Round 1 - Denver

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,555

Re: Round 1 - Denver 

Post#41 » by stan francisco » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:19 pm

Why leave the strategy that put us up by 20? Ham? Why?

AD’s moving screen foul call was ridiculous. So were a few calls going the other way, but that call changed the entire game.

Fourth quarter coaching strategy, grade F.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,841

Post#42 » by Beethoven » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:52 pm

^ coach is ludicrous
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,818

Post#43 » by TylersLakers » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:14 pm

That was the most brutal loss I can recall since 2008 against the Celtics where we blew a 24 point lead.

The Nuggets just have our number man. That play where Jokic heaved the ball up from mid-court trying to draw a foul and it somehow doesn't go out of bounds and ends up in MPJ's hands for a swished 3.. I've watched that play like 10 times. I have no idea how the ball didn't go out of bounds, no idea how AG didn't step out of bounds, no idea how Austin didn't have possession of the ball, etc.

Series is over. That was our 1 opportunity to make this a 6 or 7 game series. The only thing that's going to change this series in the Lakers favor would be a Jokic or Murray injury or something but I don't want that to happen. Full respect to the Nuggets, they deserve their flowers.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#44 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:13 am

I'm usually optimistic but after this loss another sweep is not impossible. We deserve this loss by the way the 4th quarter was played. AD missed easy baskets and why settle for a jumper. On the other side, Jokic keeps banging AD/Rui and scoring inside and we don't even try to double. Lebron made great plays but that last shot is head scratching. 11 seconds left on the shot clock, KCP was down on the floor, why settle for a three when it is a tie game? Why not take it inside? If the shot clock is winding down I wouldn't be complaining. It's not just a missed shot, but it is also a shot taken too early. The Nuggets had plenty of time to score. We played scared. It seems that we just wanted to protect that 20 point lead and not add on to it. We deserve to lose this game.
zuju
Senior
And1: 123

Post#45 » by zuju » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:36 am

It's all about effort and intensity.

For the second time in a row, Nuggets take it more easily in the first half. They tuned up the intensity level and effort level from the third quarter. This was very much like Jordan's Chicago Bulls.

For the Lakers, they simply start with their full effort and intensity. When they get tired and energy level dropped after 2 quarters, they couldn't keep up with Nugget's intensity. It is always easier to out perform the tired legs.

More so, there were quite a few times I caught the Lakers' player being lazy on both ends. AD and James did not even run a half court for offense or defense and stay where they were after rebound. The whole team did not body up Jokic and Murray. Man, it is the playoff!!!!!!

The worse part came from Ham. Disastrous coaching from offensive scheme, defensive scheme, not setting plays in the second quarter, rotation and use of Challenge and Time outs. He simply did nothing good. Beyond awful, horrible.

No hope in winning this series with Ham. The best part of losing this series is it will force J. Buss to fire Ham. He should be fired. Nick Nurse or Udoka should have been hired.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by stan francisco » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:00 pm

https://youtu.be/vPkWXuWMvZY?si=vt7mV6LDheOR4GvN

Good analysis. His best point; when we want to keep the lead, why play D Lo and Reaves whose starting jobs are based on offense only? Why not put Dinwiddie, Vincent or Christie next to one of the two? In game 2, Reaves played good defense so I would’ve sat D Lo’s arse down as soon as the lead shrunk.

One shot for AD in the entire 4th quarter, Ham? What’s up?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,823

Post#47 » by TyCobb » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:29 pm

TylersLakers wrote:That was the most brutal loss I can recall since 2008 against the Celtics where we blew a 24 point lead.

The Nuggets just have our number man. That play where Jokic heaved the ball up from mid-court trying to draw a foul and it somehow doesn't go out of bounds and ends up in MPJ's hands for a swished 3.. I've watched that play like 10 times. I have no idea how the ball didn't go out of bounds, no idea how AG didn't step out of bounds, no idea how Austin didn't have possession of the ball, etc.

Series is over. That was our 1 opportunity to make this a 6 or 7 game series. The only thing that's going to change this series in the Lakers favor would be a Jokic or Murray injury or something but I don't want that to happen. Full respect to the Nuggets, they deserve their flowers.

I completely agree… sigh

Also, check your PM. :D
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by stan francisco » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:37 pm

GAME 3 — home court

I think we’ll take this game.

Home. Role players will make their shots — Rui, Reaves, Prince, etc. One or two of them will score 20 plus.

Vando and Wood return.

I expect DEN role players to perform like they do at home. It’ll be another tight game.

Assign Vando to stalk Murray for whatever minutes he gets. His offensive rebounding will help, too.

This game is ours as long as Ham doesn’t come up with some cowardly second half strategy like in game 2. One shot for AD in the fourth is not enough. When up by 20, you can’t play timid and not to lose the lead. AD should obviously touch the ball on every possession, inside out; making Jokic tired, scoring.

Let’s take this game, and then game 4. We can still seal home court advantage in game 5.

Let’s go Lakers!
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,973

Post#49 » by mastermixer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:07 am

TylersLakers wrote:That was the most brutal loss I can recall since 2008 against the Celtics where we blew a 24 point lead.

I was at that game… I went from KNOWING we were turning the series around to being totally deflated in the span of like 20 min LOL. Staples was lifeless in the second half.

I agree, Nuggets just have our number. But to be fair, I think they have everyone’s number.

We should have tanked the play in and taken our chances with the Kings and OKC LOL
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,199

Post#50 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 am

Bye Bye DLO ... See you on another team next season
Bring back Defense
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,823

Post#51 » by TyCobb » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:04 am

Russell’s time as a Laker is up. Good regular season guy though. But not worth his price.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#52 » by Up-And-Coming » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:16 am

Lebron has been sub-par this game despite his counting stats. Since the end of the 2nd quarter his body language was also like he gave up
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#53 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:26 am

hmmm lot of fans want to give Trae crap, at least Trae Young can provide AST even If he not providing points

DLO Is ass and that's being a polite as possible
Bring back Defense
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#54 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:28 am

TyCobb wrote:Russell’s time as a Laker is up. Good regular season guy though. But not worth his price.

Trae any day of the week ... Let's be real, D.Mitchelle not gonna happen, Murray not gonna happen, I'm all In on the Trae train

this team needs a real PG
Bring back Defense
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,291

Post#55 » by Jedi32 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:33 am

Can't lie kinda glad this is over, so I can just enjoy basketball. This series is depressing.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#56 » by Up-And-Coming » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:34 am

Haha the challenge of all challenges
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#57 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:40 am

[quote="Up-And-Coming"]Haha the challenge of all cha
Bye Bye Ham
Bring back Defense
Wile E. Coyote
Lead Assistant
And1: 893

Post#58 » by Wile E. Coyote » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:42 am

I can understand the talent disparity but the level of effort is unforgivable. Changes must be made.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,841

Post#59 » by Beethoven » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 am

Get rid of ham. He is the fault 100 percent.
PJackson would not get swept.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#60 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:03 am

Beethoven wrote:Get rid of ham. He is the fault 100 percent.
PJackson would not get swept.

So has nothing to do with NOLO getting 0 points? lol
Bring back Defense

Return to Los Angeles Lakers