ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 off-season: what moves would you like to see??

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

DNP-Old
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Re: 2024 off-season: what moves would you like to see?? 

Post#61 » by DNP-Old » Wed May 8, 2024 10:42 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:
loveshaq007 wrote:ask for curry... make it public. they will say no and curry will ask for LeBron.

Someone brought this up about a week ago, and I totally agree. Uf you can get Curry asking for Lebron, and Lebron wants to go...you get that excitement brewing up there. I think adding Lebron would certainly make them contenders....as long as it works between all the players (not my problem). I would ask for picks. Take a bad contract or two back to sweeten the deal.

This would also put us in rebuild mode. Moving AD would be easier then.

Who do you draft at #17?

If you're all-in with pick accumulation, you must have an eye for players you want to use with those picks.

You can't be actively and publicly protesting against abortion unless you plan on adopting some babies.

WOW!

You tell me the first 16 players picked, I'll tell you who i'd pick 17th.
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore
And1: 88

Post#62 » by Anderson Hunt » Thu May 9, 2024 2:48 am

TylersLakers wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:https://www.spotrac.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/overview/_/year/2024

CP3's contract is completely non guaranteed. That's why the Warriors made the trade to begin with - they wanted out of Poole's deal and CP3's contract for a year (last year) was the only way to do that without attaching significant assets.
The Warriors will waive him. I doubt they'll trade him because then that means they have more money on the books for whoever they'd be getting in return.
He'll be a veteran minimum guy. I don't see any other team giving him an MLE. Maybe the mini-MLE ($5.7M) but I doubt that too.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/player/_/id/2609/chris-paul

Ok, yeah...my site was wrong. Nice detail on that spotrac website. I''ll have to remember to use that one moving forward. And yes, Im sure that GS will waive him. But I doubt he takes the minimum. And if he does, it will be with a legit contender. He will only be doing it to get a ring.

"2) Trade Vincent, JHS, Max Lewis, 2024 1st (#17), 2029 1st (unprotected) to Chicago for Alex Caruso and Jevon Carter."

So you want to trade away not one, but TWO of our first round picks for Alex Caruso and Jevon Carter?? Christ man...the two of them combine for 15points, 4.6 assists, and 4.6 rebounds. Thats worth 2 first round picks??

3) Trade Rui, 2031 1st round pick (Top 3 protected), x2 2nd round picks to Brooklyn for Dorian Finney-Smith.

So now we're giving away our 3rd first round pick, and two second-rounders. For a 31yearold Power forward who averages 8points, 5 rebounds, and 2 assists?

I mean buddy.....come on, you can't be serious here? We've just thrown 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks for guys you wouldn't waste your mid-level exception on! Holy hell.....your making me wanna go back to supporting the FO! If we're tossing 3-first round picks and 2 second rounders.....I want Mitchell, or Embiid, or Jimmy Butler, guys who are gonna make a difference.

And then what? We're just screwed for a decade afterwards? I get swinging for the fences, but this???

I'm hoping for 4 first-round picks for AD....and that includes us taking some stinker contracts back to sweeten the deal....your throwing that in for Caruso, Jevon Carter, and Finney-Smith? Who there is a difference maker?

Nah man.....no, no, no, no, no.

I don't disagree with you that letting LeBron walk and trading AD would probably be the best long-term move going forward. However, that's clearly not going to happen. I know this about the Buss family:

They're deathly afraid of not having "stars." I think it's BS. Lakers fans appreciate fun basketball. When we had those Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma/Hart/Randle teams - I actually quite enjoyed watching them. There was a lot of rough nights for sure but at least they were fun to watch. I believe Luke's first year we started the season 10-10. I was so happy.

However, that's not going to happen until it's the only option. Which means they'll be bringing back LeBron and AD. And if they're going to bring those guys back, they need to go balls to the wall and give away every asset to make sure we have a team around them that can compete and possibly get 1 or 2 more deep playoff runs. I don't need a Championship - we've done that. I just want deep playoff runs where we're competitive.

I would love to acquire Mitchell. However, it's going to take trading away a huge chunk of our team to make that happen. If D-Lo were to opt in, I would absolutely trade Russell, Vincent, JHS and all of our draft picks for him. However, it's going to take a lot more than that. It's going to require giving up Reaves, Vando, Rui, etc. A team with LeBron/AD and any third star whether that's Mitchell or Trae Young will not be a Championship team if they're surrounded by minimum guys. So I think that's not the right path to go unless we're keeping Reaves, Vando, Rui.

Anderson wasn't a fan of my off-season because he thought the team needed more scoring punch. I totally agree with him - I think that's the one downside to my off-season plan. I've constructed a team that I think will win in the playoffs. Look at what's happening right now with Minnesota. They are winning because of their defensive prowess. And I know this - having a team with AD, Caruso, Vando, Drummond, DFS, Max Christie and LeBron (when engaged) is not a team opposing offenses want to see. Caruso is a 1st team all D guy, same with AD. Vando is in that discussion IMO as well. DFS is a great team defender that knows where he needs to be on the court and knows which rotations to make and how to not screw up assignments (See: Hachimura, Rui). Go back on our Championship run and realize how important guys like Caruso, Danny Green and KCP were. Caruso closed the majority of the games until Rondo came back. When our backs were against the wall and we felt threatened by Miami in the 2020 NBA Finals - who came into the starting line-up in Game 6? I'll tell you: Alex Caruso. It was the most ridiculous mistake of the last 10 years that the Lakers have made when it came to letting him walk. I think it's worse than the Mozgov and Deng signings.

I also know this: If you surround AD and LeBron with defensive minded, dirty work guys - you're going to have a successful playoff team and a real chance at winning a title.

Our biggest problems this year were defense and rebounding. Let's fix that and if we need to worry about the offense later on around trade deadline time, we can do that.

As far as offensively, I do think my team has enough to get by and win games in January and February. You lean into guys like Hield, Max, Reaves, Wood, LeBron and AD in the regular season. I think Max has a lot of offensive ability when it comes to catch and shoot and attacking closeouts. He just needs to play and him not playing this year while Cam Reddish did I think was one of the more fireable offenses that Darvin conjured up. I think Christian Wood is a way better player than was shown this year. The rotations were completely insane.

When the game tightens up in the fourth quarter and playoff time - that 8 man rotation is as good as any in the league. LeBron, AD, Reaves, Caruso, DFS, Vando, Paul, Hield or Drummond (matchup based). The reason why LeBron and AD are so good in clutch time (look at our clutch rating this season) is because they just manufacture points when it matters - even if it's ugly a lot of times. LeBron getting to the rim, AD getting offensive rebounds and free throws. Reaves can handle more ball handling and scoring opportunities. All we need are guys to make shots when it counts around those three and guard their asses off. Caruso and DFS can do that.

I really believe this team needs to be built to not rely on James. He's old as hell. They need legit number one, two, and three option scorers, plus James, plus a multitude of defenders.

James needs to become a passer and a rebounder. With another All-Star on the roster, James would be most beneficial to the team averaging a 16 point triple double.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#63 » by TylersLakers » Thu May 9, 2024 10:19 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:
Ok, yeah...my site was wrong. Nice detail on that spotrac website. I''ll have to remember to use that one moving forward. And yes, Im sure that GS will waive him. But I doubt he takes the minimum. And if he does, it will be with a legit contender. He will only be doing it to get a ring.

"2) Trade Vincent, JHS, Max Lewis, 2024 1st (#17), 2029 1st (unprotected) to Chicago for Alex Caruso and Jevon Carter."

So you want to trade away not one, but TWO of our first round picks for Alex Caruso and Jevon Carter?? Christ man...the two of them combine for 15points, 4.6 assists, and 4.6 rebounds. Thats worth 2 first round picks??

3) Trade Rui, 2031 1st round pick (Top 3 protected), x2 2nd round picks to Brooklyn for Dorian Finney-Smith.

So now we're giving away our 3rd first round pick, and two second-rounders. For a 31yearold Power forward who averages 8points, 5 rebounds, and 2 assists?

I mean buddy.....come on, you can't be serious here? We've just thrown 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks for guys you wouldn't waste your mid-level exception on! Holy hell.....your making me wanna go back to supporting the FO! If we're tossing 3-first round picks and 2 second rounders.....I want Mitchell, or Embiid, or Jimmy Butler, guys who are gonna make a difference.

And then what? We're just screwed for a decade afterwards? I get swinging for the fences, but this???

I'm hoping for 4 first-round picks for AD....and that includes us taking some stinker contracts back to sweeten the deal....your throwing that in for Caruso, Jevon Carter, and Finney-Smith? Who there is a difference maker?

Nah man.....no, no, no, no, no.

I don't disagree with you that letting LeBron walk and trading AD would probably be the best long-term move going forward. However, that's clearly not going to happen. I know this about the Buss family:

They're deathly afraid of not having "stars." I think it's BS. Lakers fans appreciate fun basketball. When we had those Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma/Hart/Randle teams - I actually quite enjoyed watching them. There was a lot of rough nights for sure but at least they were fun to watch. I believe Luke's first year we started the season 10-10. I was so happy.

However, that's not going to happen until it's the only option. Which means they'll be bringing back LeBron and AD. And if they're going to bring those guys back, they need to go balls to the wall and give away every asset to make sure we have a team around them that can compete and possibly get 1 or 2 more deep playoff runs. I don't need a Championship - we've done that. I just want deep playoff runs where we're competitive.

I would love to acquire Mitchell. However, it's going to take trading away a huge chunk of our team to make that happen. If D-Lo were to opt in, I would absolutely trade Russell, Vincent, JHS and all of our draft picks for him. However, it's going to take a lot more than that. It's going to require giving up Reaves, Vando, Rui, etc. A team with LeBron/AD and any third star whether that's Mitchell or Trae Young will not be a Championship team if they're surrounded by minimum guys. So I think that's not the right path to go unless we're keeping Reaves, Vando, Rui.

Anderson wasn't a fan of my off-season because he thought the team needed more scoring punch. I totally agree with him - I think that's the one downside to my off-season plan. I've constructed a team that I think will win in the playoffs. Look at what's happening right now with Minnesota. They are winning because of their defensive prowess. And I know this - having a team with AD, Caruso, Vando, Drummond, DFS, Max Christie and LeBron (when engaged) is not a team opposing offenses want to see. Caruso is a 1st team all D guy, same with AD. Vando is in that discussion IMO as well. DFS is a great team defender that knows where he needs to be on the court and knows which rotations to make and how to not screw up assignments (See: Hachimura, Rui). Go back on our Championship run and realize how important guys like Caruso, Danny Green and KCP were. Caruso closed the majority of the games until Rondo came back. When our backs were against the wall and we felt threatened by Miami in the 2020 NBA Finals - who came into the starting line-up in Game 6? I'll tell you: Alex Caruso. It was the most ridiculous mistake of the last 10 years that the Lakers have made when it came to letting him walk. I think it's worse than the Mozgov and Deng signings.

I also know this: If you surround AD and LeBron with defensive minded, dirty work guys - you're going to have a successful playoff team and a real chance at winning a title.

Our biggest problems this year were defense and rebounding. Let's fix that and if we need to worry about the offense later on around trade deadline time, we can do that.

As far as offensively, I do think my team has enough to get by and win games in January and February. You lean into guys like Hield, Max, Reaves, Wood, LeBron and AD in the regular season. I think Max has a lot of offensive ability when it comes to catch and shoot and attacking closeouts. He just needs to play and him not playing this year while Cam Reddish did I think was one of the more fireable offenses that Darvin conjured up. I think Christian Wood is a way better player than was shown this year. The rotations were completely insane.

When the game tightens up in the fourth quarter and playoff time - that 8 man rotation is as good as any in the league. LeBron, AD, Reaves, Caruso, DFS, Vando, Paul, Hield or Drummond (matchup based). The reason why LeBron and AD are so good in clutch time (look at our clutch rating this season) is because they just manufacture points when it matters - even if it's ugly a lot of times. LeBron getting to the rim, AD getting offensive rebounds and free throws. Reaves can handle more ball handling and scoring opportunities. All we need are guys to make shots when it counts around those three and guard their asses off. Caruso and DFS can do that.

I really believe this team needs to be built to not rely on James. He's old as hell. They need legit number one, two, and three option scorers, plus James, plus a multitude of defenders.

James needs to become a passer and a rebounder. With another All-Star on the roster, James would be most beneficial to the team averaging a 16 point triple double.

I totally agree with you I just don't know how we do that considering:

- Trading for a 3rd star is going to require us having no depth.
- LeBron is going to be making $50.1M next year. If he was willing to drop that to $30-35M - It would make getting a third star much easier.

Let's take Murray for example. I'd love him. If I could give up Reaves, Vincent, JHS, and 2 1st round picks for him, I'd do it. But I think it's going to take Reaves and Vando or Rui. And losing that much is brutal. But if we did and LeBron took a $10M per year haircut, we'd have awesome flexibility:

AD: 43.2M
LeBron: $40M
Murray: $25.4M
Rui: $17.0M
Vando: $10.7M
Wood: $3.0M
Reddish: $2.4M
Max Christie (re-signed): $8.0M

Total: $149M - We'd be able to re-sign D-Lo and we'd likely have the full MLE to use to bring in more players. If we only gave up two picks, we'd also have more trade ammo to trade Rui now for an upgrade or trade D-Lo mid-season with the remaining 3rd pick left.

But as you can see, LeBron making $50M a season is tough and would stop us from having a competitive team around him. And that's with Murray's relatively easy salary. Switch that to someone like Mitchell, Trae Young, or Devin Booker? My god. Our roster would literally be AD, LeBron, 3rd star, Christie, Wood, Reddish with only vet minimums left to fill out the roster. That's brutal.
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore

Post#64 » by Anderson Hunt » Fri May 10, 2024 12:34 am

TylersLakers wrote:
Anderson Hunt wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:

- LeBron is going to be making $50.1M next year. If he was willing to drop that to $30-35M - It would make getting a third star much easier.

Let's take Murray for example. I'd love him. If I could give up Reaves, Vincent, JHS, and 2 1st round picks for him, I'd do it. But I think it's going to take Reaves and Vando or Rui. And losing that much is brutal. But if we did and LeBron took a $10M per year haircut, we'd have awesome flexibility:

Total: $149M - We'd be able to re-sign D-Lo and we'd likely have the full MLE to use to bring in more players. If we only gave up two picks, we'd also have more trade ammo to trade Rui now for an upgrade or trade D-Lo mid-season with the remaining 3rd pick left.

But as you can see, LeBron making $50M a season is tough and would stop us from having a competitive team around him. And that's with Murray's relatively easy salary. Switch that to someone like Mitchell, Trae Young, or Devin Booker? My god. Our roster would literally be AD, LeBron, 3rd star, Christie, Wood, Reddish with only vet minimums left to fill out the roster. That's brutal.

The bolded part is just not true, my friend.

So many people believe that signing three minimum guys to play in your rotation automatically means you don't have depth.

In today's NBA, it's just not true. Matter of fact, it may not have ever been true.

Quality guys can be had for the minimum. I'll say it again for anyone who missed it the first time: Quality guys can be had for the minimum.

We see this every year. There are sooooooo many good players in this league, and many of them are simply in non-ideal situations. Malik Monk is a great example of this. In Charlotte, he was misused. He simply needed to be placed in the right situation to showcase his talents. He is but one example of many players like him.

The Lakers need three minimum guys in their nine-man rotation.

In my lineup, James (50.3), Davis (43.2), a third All-Star (43), Hachimura (17), Christie (6), and Prince (5) would be non-minimum guys. While Dinwiddie, Biyombo, and Reddish would be signed to the minimum.

Reddish would get about 16-20 minutes per, Dinwiddie close to 23 minutes, and Biyombo would clock about 12-15 minutes a game.

This can be done, but it can't be done if one goes into it with the mindstate that minimum guys are trash. They're not.

My squad with LaVine (for Reaves, Vincent, Vanderbilt, and Hayes) looks like this:

1. James - 50.3
2. Davis - 43.2
3. LaVine - 43
4. Hachimura - 17
5. Christie - 6
6. Prince - 5
7. Schifino - 4
8. Wood - 3
9. Reddish - 3
10. Biyombo - 3
11. Dinwiddie - 3
12. Howard - 3
13. Nwaba - 3
14. Lewis - 2
15. James - 1
TOTAL --- 189.5 million (right under the second apron)

The Lakers need three minimum guys for their rotation. Reddish is already signed. Will Dinwiddie and Biyombo sign for the minimum? I think they both will if they know they will have spots in the rotation.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 123

Post#65 » by NBAWestFan » Fri May 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Bye Bye Bron,

Start to re-build and get a balanced team where the other players are paid more than the minimum and you'll have a better defensive team.

Keep
Reeves
Vando
AD

Go after Caruso and other solid players who play team Defense

A great point guard is always helpful with a Center that can rebound, score and play D.
TylersLakers
RealGM

Post#66 » by TylersLakers » Fri May 10, 2024 10:24 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:
Anderson Hunt wrote:I really believe this team needs to be built to not rely on James. He's old as hell. They need legit number one, two, and three option scorers, plus James, plus a multitude of defenders.

The bolded part is just not true, my friend.

So many people believe that signing three minimum guys to play in your rotation automatically means you don't have depth.

In today's NBA, it's just not true. Matter of fact, it may not have ever been true.

Quality guys can be had for the minimum. I'll say it again for anyone who missed it the first time: Quality guys can be had for the minimum.

We see this every year. There are sooooooo many good players in this league, and many of them are simply in non-ideal situations. Malik Monk is a great example of this. In Charlotte, he was misused. He simply needed to be placed in the right situation to showcase his talents. He is but one example of many players like him.

The Lakers need three minimum guys in their nine-man rotation.

In my lineup, James (50.3), Davis (43.2), a third All-Star (43), Hachimura (17), Christie (6), and Prince (5) would be non-minimum guys. While Dinwiddie, Biyombo, and Reddish would be signed to the minimum.

Reddish would get about 16-20 minutes per, Dinwiddie close to 23 minutes, and Biyombo would clock about 12-15 minutes a game.

This can be done, but it can't be done if one goes into it with the mindstate that minimum guys are trash. They're not.

My squad with LaVine (for Reaves, Vincent, Vanderbilt, and Hayes) looks like this:

1. James - 50.3
2. Davis - 43.2
3. LaVine - 43
4. Hachimura - 17
5. Christie - 6
6. Prince - 5
7. Schifino - 4
8. Wood - 3
9. Reddish - 3
10. Biyombo - 3
11. Dinwiddie - 3
12. Howard - 3
13. Nwaba - 3
14. Lewis - 2
15. James - 1
TOTAL --- 189.5 million (right under the second apron)

The Lakers need three minimum guys for their rotation. Reddish is already signed. Will Dinwiddie and Biyombo sign for the minimum? I think they both will if they know they will have spots in the rotation.

You make a legit argument there. I agree that Dinwiddie would be a minimum guy. My roster would have him if Chris Paul didn't come.

Nwaba is good. Perfect vet minimum guy. Biyombo is good. Perfect minimum guy. Prince is perfect as an 8th or 9th man. Wood will be a lot better under a proper coach. Reddish is trash - if they could trade him with a future 2nd round pick to get off his money and have another open spot in the roster to use at the buyout market or for someone like Lonnie Walker, I'd totally be in favor of that. I scoured the free agent market for someone like Malik Monk and Walker is about the closest I could find.

JHS, Lewis and Bronny is just too much youth. I'd trade JHS and Lewis - see if you could get a veteran who can plug a hole.

I don't like LaVine (at that price especially) but you have presented a pretty good team.

If Chicago wanted me to take on LaVine, I just wouldn't give up Reaves and Vando. Those two guys are too essential to winning and LaVine's salary and health worry me a ton. I also don't think he's a winning player. I just can't imagine him deep in the playoffs and getting stops in the fourth quarter of a WCF or Finals game. A lot of NBA "experts" have said that in a deal for LaVine, they would be the ones attaching assets. I completely agree.
zuju
Senior
And1: 126

Post#67 » by zuju » Sat May 11, 2024 8:46 am

Sorry, I don't have a complete plan since I don't really know how my target is valued within their own team

I would say, other than having an awful coach, one of the problem with the team is that we always have 1 way players. They are either good on offense or good on defense. Not both. Team just need 2 way players.

Trade targets: Lauri Markkanen AND Johnathan Issac
Players out: Dlo (S&T), Rui and, maybe, Reaves with 1 st round pick(2024) and a few 2nd round picks

Sign Stanley Johnson to a 2-3 year vet min deal

Line up
AD / Hayes
James / Issac / Wood
Lauri / Vando / Stanley Johnson
Christie / Max Lewis / Bronny
Gabe / DVD / JHS

If we can get them without Reaves, that'd be miracle.

Scoring: AD, LBJ, Lauri
Defense: AD, Issac, Vando, Gabe, Stanley Johnson
Ball handling: LBJ, Gabe, DVD

Prince was overall good. Christie should be able to take up his place with better 1 on 1 Defense though.

Vando showed an improved shooting ability prior to his injury in pre-season and in regular season. He was making cuts too.

You still have a MLE to get a quality 2 way guard or a big.

2 of AD, Issac and Vando should be on the court at all time to keep good defense. Issac just came out of major injury last season. He shall be adapted to the competitive playing environment better next season

Max Lewis has the potential to be a really good 3 level scoring playing and athleticism
Team praised JHS in practice. Give him some time and see what happen to him.
Can Christie be the next Hart or even better?
Felixians4
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#68 » by Felixians4 » Sat May 11, 2024 8:48 am

Bring Phil Jackson. Get bodies who shoots from deep off ball, sign James to 90/2
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore

Post#69 » by Anderson Hunt » Sat May 11, 2024 4:01 pm

Cam Reddish isn't "trash" in his role. He's a damn good defender, as good of a defender (when dialed in) as Vanderbilt for one-quarter the price.

Reddish as a placeholder starter for 15-20 minutes a game is fine. He'll defend like Vanderbilt without the rebounding and infectious energy that makes Vanderbilt better.

Vanderbilt needs to be sacrificed to stay under the apron and Reddish and Nwaba (or any other defensive wing prototype) are perfect replacements.

In my nine-man rotation, I have Reddish clocking the second least minutes and scoring the second least points. He's a 15 minute role-player who plays elite defensive and makes a couple of million per year.

His contract, his role, and his skillset is a win-win all-around.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,647

Post#70 » by danfantastk32 » Sat May 11, 2024 5:11 pm

Felixians4 wrote:Bring Phil Jackson. Get bodies who shoots from deep off ball, sign James to 90/2

Phil's not coming back. Fans need to let that one go. He's almost 80 now. It was downright painful watching him try and coach those last couple seasons. Walking up and down the court was brutal for him. He had that special chair cushion made especially for him. And that was like 13-14 years ago. And even back then, he was talking about only coaching home games.

There are several interviews where he's said as much. And those interviews are like a decade old. He's done.

And for what it's worth.....I think the Lakers need to look forward now. It's an organization that's gotten a little to reliant on it's history or pedigree. Phil was the best. I miss him. But it's time the Lakers started making new heroes. Get a new coach. Draft new players. It's up to this FO to grow up now, and forge new paths.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#71 » by danfantastk32 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:07 pm

TylersLakers wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:

I do agree with you here. I don't think the Lakers can stomach the idea of rebuilding. A) The Buss family is too dependent on revenue from this team. B) This team "has always" been built on stars....and that's what they know. I will give them this: It has been mighty successful over the last 45 years.

Well let's this discuss this for a second. We both agree that the Lakers are all about building around stars.....so it would go without saying that this would be their most likely plan of action, no? I don't want this....but if you could get a legit star with some juice left, and not just a wash-up like Brick, AND (big and...) you could keep AD and Lebron healthy....I suppose they might have a shot. What the Lakers would be doing though, is trading away 3 or more FR-Picks. Leveraging the future.

My issue with this is that A) Even with Mitchell/whomever, I don't know its enough. B) Your crossing your fingers that Lebron doesn't dip much in ability, and then AD doesn't go down hurt. C) Even if they managed to make it next year intact....for how long can you hope that stays the case? We'll have gaps in our draft for like 7 years. Nobody could responsibly hope that AD and Lebron will be playing / difference makers in 7 years....what if it's only 2? Only 1? Thats a long time to be missing picks.

But if we are going that route....I don't think we're trading 3 first rounders for Caruso, and those two other guys. They're just NBA riff-raff. Sorry...I know people love Caruso, but he's not a difference maker. If your gonna spend the picks...at least go get Jimmy Butler....Dame....Mitchell. Someone in that category. Someone who can take over a game. And this is what the Lakers tend to do. It's what the FO has gone out in the media and stated was their plan. So sadly....I think that is the plan. My only hope is that nobody wants to come here...or nobody wants our picks, and the Lakers are then forced to rebuild. I think the Lakers might come to terms with the reality, if they try, and come up completely empty on the star expedition. Even then...I think they just go get a coach, and then try to sell the crap out of that to the fans. That, or lower their expectations....and suddenly we're signing CP3 or something dumb like that in an effort to bring in a "star"

I just don't agree. Maybe 4 years ago....not anymore. And I just can't rely on AD. I'll give you it's theoretically possible....but you gotta roll snake-eyes like 6 times in a row. It's odds I just can't think with.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,560

Post#72 » by stan francisco » Sat May 11, 2024 6:35 pm

Low price, impact Centers to go after:

Luke Kornet, Ande Drummond, Goga Bitadze.

Some real big man role playing C help down low for AD is what we need. A big body, not a twig like Wood and Hayes; a rebounding force is needed.

A package including Wood or Hayes might potentially get either of those guys.

Tillman of Celtics is a short center who plays big, has 7’2” wingspan and can switch to wings at 6’8”.

Thoughts on them as good fits next to AD?

If we get a serviceable Center on the cheap, we can focus on getting a two way star wing player and backup PG via trade, to help LBJ’s regular season minutes and defense.

A return of Caruso and DeRozan would be cool, but I want to keep Reaves. Caruso isn’t great but he plays so hard that it fires up his team and a whole arena. We need that grit. DeRozan is not a great shooter, but he’s a very good scorer.

C: Davis, Kornet, Hayes
PF: Hachimura, Vanderbilt
SF: LBJ, Lewis
SG: DeRozan, Christie
PG: JHS (Ham was blind to his potential), Caruso

Fill in the rest with role players — current Lakers bench players, or traded for.

I’m no longer sure I want Klay. Not sure I want PG13.

Can Curry be ripped from GSW in a blockbuster trade? Makes me tired just thinking of such a trade, would probably include 4 teams at least.

Edit:

FA list if LBJ retires or goes to Cleveland

https://www.nba.com/news/free-agents-to-watch-after-nba-trade-deadline-period-closes
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
TylersLakers
RealGM

Post#73 » by TylersLakers » Sat May 18, 2024 11:34 pm

If Mitchell is available and it requires Reaves, Rui, JHS and our remaining x3 tradable 1sts plus a pick swap.. do you do it?
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by danfantastk32 » Yesterday 5:03 am

TylersLakers wrote:If Mitchell is available and it requires Reaves, Rui, JHS and our remaining x3 tradable 1sts plus a pick swap.. do you do it?

I wouldn't. But I know the FO would. Honestly, if you could get a guy of his caliber, who's gonna be good for another 8 years....it wouldn't be the worse thing. He's on a short list of players we could semi-realistically get, who we might win a title with Lebron and AD (both staying healthy of course). And he'd be good for longer than we're missing those picks. So we would rebuild around him.

I still take full rebuild....but it would be an acceptable alternative.
zuju
Senior
And1: 126

Post#75 » by zuju » Yesterday 10:58 am

There are a few teams to watch

Cavailiers : Garland, Micthell, Jarret Allen, Mobley?
OKC: They have too many young players and picks. Definitely need to sacrifice a few to get 1 or 2 more good 2 way players to upgrade the team. Lakers can be part of the deal to grab 1 or 2 good role players?
Bucks: Reforming for Antetokounmpo. BroLo, Middletone etc?
Chicago Bulls : Larvine, Caruso, DDR
Pelicans : Ingram, Valanciunas etc
Orlando Magic: Johnathan Issac (unlikely), Fultz, Gary Harris etc
Utah : Lauri, Jordan Clarkson
LA Clippers ?
Hawks : Murray
76ers: Buddy Bield, Batum, Covington, D.Melton, Kelly Oubre etc
Blzaers: Brogdon, Thybulle, Moses Brown etc
Hornets : Miles Bridges etc.
Nets: Lonnie Walker, Claxton, Dennis smith, DFS, Schroder

Defintely more to watch, These are players Lakers can use while their status will definitely be updated this summer. Hopeully, Lakers can get some quality guys
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,560

Post#76 » by stan francisco » Yesterday 11:33 am

TylersLakers wrote:If Mitchell is available and it requires Reaves, Rui, JHS and our remaining x3 tradable 1sts plus a pick swap.. do you do it?

Maybe. Yes, for the long term, he’d be a great pairing with AD. Top ten defender in the league.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#77 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Today 12:19 am

Swap Reaves with Dlo and we're good. I like Rui but I like Reaves Better.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers