ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 3: Lakers VS Denver changes need to be made IMO

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,199

Game 3: Lakers VS Denver changes need to be made IMO 

Post#1 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:46 am

Ok so I just fnished watching game 2, I wasn't going to watch It after knowing the scores, but It's playoffs so why not.
I also know due to bonehead Ham that changes won't be made and line ups will stay the same, but worth a shot any way - Maybe Vando change?

Jaxon Hayes; Hayes has played 4min+ In game 1, 6min+ In games 2

Hayes Is a energy, hustle type of player, In this series VS Denver Rui has not been cutting It either on Offense OR Defense, I mean he has a huge task of guarding Jokic, because AD won't LOL or only limited minutes?

So In regards to Hayes being a Hustle, energy type of guy why not start Hayes give him 5-6 minutes start of each quarter? Sure Hayes might get Into foul trouble but he'll do what do does best; hustle and give you that energy - these type of players get so little repect but make huge impacts at times.

I mean Rui Is great but him holding down Jokic, just not going to happen, not saying that Hayes will either I mean no one on Lakers will, but Hayes gives you, hustle/heart and energy needed then you bring In Rui off the bench can still play decent minutes, great offense, but him holding Jokic GTFOH.

Maybe Instead of Hayes go as far as starting Prince

Reaves: Reaves this year In game 1 was sensantional on defense, he has a tough ask and was getting pounded on defense this takes a toll on you and can't perform as well on offense.

Game 2: Not so much on defense, was good but not as great In game 1: guess he was tired?
Reaves Offense lacking a bit this year VS Denver and Reaves Is my boy one of the reasons I still love Lakers haha.
I'm going as far as saying Benching Reaves, Bench Reaves and Start either; Gabe/Spencer OR Prince only for 5-6 minutes or so much like Hayes - again still play starter minutes.

DLO has been a huge question??? for me.

I'm not a fan or a hater, but will always say trade DLO LOL - another thread coming.
DLO does and I mean does nothing on the defense side of things, he may occasional put his arms up OR jump and pretend his trying to block shot LOL but on the defensive end he does nothing - at least Reaves tries and is actually good on Defense.

Game 1: DLO had a shocker even tied Reaves In points and yet at least Reaves out played him on the defensive end, wish he was a volume shooter.

Game 2: Dlo was great offensive but again defense was no show.
In this series I'm going as far aas benching Reaves and starting others as mentioned above- Now normally I'd choose Defense over Offense but Inthis case with Reaves/DLO I'm benching Reaves, but this could change If Vando placed In starting roll?

Now I know Vando Is apperently back and ready to play, but does this mean he should get the starting job?
I would still like to have Vando coming off the bench, not the starter roll, see how he performs for game 3 :)

Edit: Edit: Edit:

Last year was the year of; Free Lonnie this year better be the year of... ... ...

Free Max, Free Max LOL
Bring back Defense
AGAVE
Junior
And1: 65

Re: Game 3: Lakers VS Denver changes need to be made IMO 

Post#2 » by AGAVE » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:59 pm

My view…
We DONT allow Denver freedom to move 48 feet.
Ham has to wake up and use bench player rotations with a purpose by throwing energy at Murray, Gordon, MPjr.
Slow the game down to stay in the possessions.
Score won’t look so great.
My limited view is to let Jokić roam.
Jordan rules :
5 on 4 and double when NJ goes to the paint.
Lakers need effective defense!
Respect Elgin Baylor
Desiderium
Veteran
And1: 645

Post#3 » by Desiderium » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:59 pm

We need to quickly sign Dwight to a 10 day contract. None of the guys we have outside of AD can effectively guard Jokic. When/If AD gets into foul trouble, Dwight may be an option for limited minutes. This hopefully allows Rui to be more effective on offense as well.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#4 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:42 am

If Vando could play, put him immediately on Jamal. Send help on Jokic when he starts to bang it inside. It usually takes him 2-3 dribbles/bump before he gets in position. Once he starts to dribble there should be help to prevent him getting to his spot.
AGAVE
Junior

Post#5 » by AGAVE » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:17 pm

When you mention Vanderbilt, AD and D’Lo come to mind.
If you watch how Reaves, D’Lo & Vando work, AD is in rythym with them.
And vice versa.
AD needs these players on the floor with him.
This is a very BIG key to how our team plays.
At the moment, without that group together on the floor, the chemistry is lacking.
AD gotta motivate and dictate to who he has on the floor right now and yield success from it !
Respect Elgin Baylor
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,199

Post#6 » by SlimShady83 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:44 pm

Apparently now, both Vando and Wood are out
Bring back Defense
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,841

Post#7 » by Beethoven » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:03 pm

Fire ham and let handy coach out the remaining games.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
AGAVE
Junior

Post#8 » by AGAVE » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:50 pm

Lakers interior defense needs help
Moving on to the off season
Respect Elgin Baylor
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#9 » by NBAWestFan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:07 pm

Ham out
Defense can win games but he doesn't have the mind to understand match ups.

Denver is a bit stacked and Jokic & Murray are the two main stars

But Aaron Gordon was #1 on the Magic. Lakers need to account for him defensively. They need an athletic big to stay on him.

Porter a 6-10 3 point shooter.

Ham is a experimental coach that has confused himself.

You see Malone coaching his team from the sideline and Ham sitting down not making or helping his team on.

Lakers should focus on a shawdow for Gordon and get a Center or just put Hayes on Jokic more mintues.

Murray try to wear him down during the game.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers