ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers vs Jazz Game 2 Round 2 5/7/08 7:30 pacific

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#121 » by milesfides » Thu May 8, 2008 6:04 am

Big Bird wrote:I love Derek Fisher in the most non homosexual possible way imaginable! I love having him on our team. He always steps up in the postseason.

Fisher was unbelievable. I wouldn't expect it every game, but I think we would have lost without him. Farmar was MIA on both ends of the floor.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#122 » by milesfides » Thu May 8, 2008 6:06 am

Odom was terrific on the boards. Leading rebounder in the game. Really played his role well tonight.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#123 » by dingclancy » Thu May 8, 2008 6:09 am

Where is B-Scott?
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#124 » by LLcoleJ » Thu May 8, 2008 6:09 am

Charles = Dumbass.... :rofl:
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
B-Scott
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#125 » by B-Scott » Thu May 8, 2008 6:12 am

dingclancy wrote:Where is B-Scott?

Right here.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#126 » by dockingsched » Thu May 8, 2008 6:13 am

sasha is freakin fearless. he's playing so smart right now. knocking down open shots, pump faking his defender and driving to the basket, passing the ball to the open man for the great shot. sasha gets an A+ for this entire season.

dingclancy wrote:Where is B-Scott?

you blind?
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#127 » by RJM » Thu May 8, 2008 6:16 am

I can't believe they got Chuck with that one! :rofl:
Big Bird
Senior
And1: 0

Post#128 » by Big Bird » Thu May 8, 2008 6:16 am

So, any thoughts on the Jazz fans rampage about the FT discrepancy? Because I feel like maybe I've been watching a different game. Someone shed some reason upon me, please.

cheers
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,985

Post#129 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu May 8, 2008 6:23 am

milesfides wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And I've been trying so hard, holding myself back from criticizing Radmanovic.

Every Laker is playing with a sense of urgency, the entire team is united with a sense of purpose, except for one guy.

I don't know. If I get started, I'll just sound like I'm hating on him, so I'll just stop right here.

Well past time to hate away if you ask me. He is rapidly approaching Smush Parker status in my eyes. I know you're not going to hit your jumpers every night, but you can always, always play hard.

The way he loafs around at half speed, making mental errors on seemingly every possession, drives me absolutely insane. All he does is hit 3s, and even then it seems like he's ice cold three out of every four games.

His entire mentality was summed up with that sequence where he stepped out of bounds on a 3-point attempt, then dogged it up court to allow Kirilenko a wide-open layup. That wouldn't be excusable in a preseason game, let alone the second round of the playoffs.

You couldn't be more right -- we've got 11 guys (maybe 10 if you discount Farmar, who's really been dogging it lately in my opinion) chasing a championship, and one guy who looks like he's in the summer league.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,985

Post#130 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu May 8, 2008 6:23 am

dcash4 wrote:sasha is freakin fearless. he's playing so smart right now. knocking down open shots, pump faking his defender and driving to the basket, passing the ball to the open man for the great shot. sasha gets an A+ for this entire season.

Sasha plays harder in one quarter than Radmanovic does in an entire week. Too bad he wasn't a few inches taller, and I'd plug him in for Vlade in a heartbeat.
Teen Girl Squad
Head Coach
And1: 2,992

Post#131 » by Teen Girl Squad » Thu May 8, 2008 6:41 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well past time to hate away if you ask me. He is rapidly approaching Smush Parker status in my eyes. I know you're not going to hit your jumpers every night, but you can always, always play hard.

The way he loafs around at half speed, making mental errors on seemingly every possession, drives me absolutely insane. All he does is hit 3s, and even then it seems like he's ice cold three out of every four games.

His entire mentality was summed up with that sequence where he stepped out of bounds on a 3-point attempt, then dogged it up court to allow Kirilenko a wide-open layup. That wouldn't be excusable in a preseason game, let alone the second round of the playoffs.

You couldn't be more right -- we've got 11 guys (maybe 10 if you discount Farmar, who's really been dogging it lately in my opinion) chasing a championship, and one guy who looks like he's in the summer league.

Radman is the last of the Smush/Cook/Kwame camp IMO. Sure Farmar and Luke didn't ply well but you know they have the mental edge/desire at least. Radman is the one starter/main rotation guy that still hasn't filled his role. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong but I doubt. He gives this vibe off in person too if you've ever met any of the Lakers in person.
-G-
Analyst
And1: 2,122

Post#132 » by -G- » Thu May 8, 2008 6:43 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sasha plays harder in one quarter than Radmanovic does in an entire week. Too bad he wasn't a few inches shorter, and I'd plug him in for Vlade in a heartbeat.

You mean taller. Gotcha. :rofl:
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by milesfides » Thu May 8, 2008 6:48 am

Phil_2.0 wrote:Charles = Dumbass.... :rofl:

Did something happen on the TNT show? I stopped watching it after Charles said 'the only one who could stop him is God"
kingkobe8
Junior
And1: 2

Post#134 » by kingkobe8 » Thu May 8, 2008 6:50 am

I also loved the report that david Aldridge about what brain shaw said how phil jackson never told kobe anything at practice or screamed at him
-G-
Analyst
And1: 2,122

Post#135 » by -G- » Thu May 8, 2008 6:54 am

milesfides wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Did something happen on the TNT show? I stopped watching it after Charles said 'the only one who could stop him is God"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWGILBNhIng
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#136 » by MAMBAEMD » Thu May 8, 2008 7:11 am

Great win.
Utah is tough. These are not easy wins for the Lakers. Utah plays very physical and rebound well. They also foul a lot. That explains the foul shots discrepancy.
Kobe was awesome. There is no one on earth playing better basketball.
Odom was fantastic. He took it upon himself to get as many rebounds as he could. Lakers will need the same kind of game from him in Utah.
Gasol was solid. What a great addition to our team!
DFish. Wow. He played a fantastic offensive game and terrific defense on Williams in the first half.

Lakers are playing their best basketball of the season right now. 11 straight wins. Solid D. Great offensively and very solid defensively.

They give up too many offensive rebounds but I think tha is a bit deceiving since Utah missed a lot of shots and had more opportunity to get offensive rebounds
Lakers will need to control the tempo in Utah. Don't let the Jazz to get into te running game early.
Tesla
Analyst
And1: 102

Post#137 » by Tesla » Thu May 8, 2008 8:47 am

[quote="Sedale Threatt"][/quote]

RE: Jordan Farmar
He has been really pissing me off for at least a month now. He plays lazy, selfish, stupid basketball.

RE: Radmanovic
Yeah he's really on Cook/Smush status. Farmar isn't quite there yet... but I think its time to yank Radmanovic out of the starting lineup, and take him out for good. Hell Newble, Coby, even Turiaf can see some of his minutes (With right rotations). Radmanovic's skill-set is perfect at that spot for someone putting in 20-25minutes a game, its just that he plays with no passion, no intensity.

... but Farmar is really the one that worries me. He plays a vital back-up role, but he's been playing absolutley disgusting basketball. Its not that he's off, its that he's playing selfish and lazy. At least Radmanovic passes to the open man...
When you don't pass to the MVP of the league on purpose and force something completley that isn't there, you have a problem -- Farmar.
Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.
-Nikola Tesla
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#138 » by Slava » Thu May 8, 2008 9:52 am

^^Perfectly agreed about Farmar. I have been really worried about his game and mental make up right since the all star break, before which he was a 6th man of the year candidate. His reluctance to pass to Kobe seemed like there was some kind of a cold war between the two of them after Kobe got on him for a mistake in one of the games but he looks more selfish by every game. Thats definitely not good for his skill set and future in the league and I'd say he's fallen away from his projected improvement shcedule as a player.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#139 » by Slava » Thu May 8, 2008 9:52 am

Man, that MVP presentation was so emotional. I had tears watching it! :o
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
tracey_nice
Analyst
And1: 274

Post#140 » by tracey_nice » Thu May 8, 2008 1:32 pm

I think Kobe and Sasha need to play more together, Kobe at the 3 and Sasha at the 2.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers